It's 'Synch' or Swim for Ashlee Simpson

It’s ‘Synch’ or Swim for Ashlee Simpson
By The Associated Press
Thu Oct 6, 8:35 AM

Singer Ashlee Simpson arrives at the 2005 MTV Video …
NEW YORK - It’s synch or swim for Ashlee Simpson on her second go-round on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live.”

The vocally disparaged singer will perform this weekend, almost a year after the “SNL” audience heard her voice _ singing the wrong song _ while she held a microphone at her waist.

Even though lip-synching has been around for years, the incident resulted in Simpson being lampooned as an example of today’s style-over-substance culture.

Simpson’s manager-father, Joe Simpson, has said she used “extra help” because acid reflux disease had made her voice hoarse.

The 21-year-old singer will perform songs from her upcoming album, “I Am Me,” according to Simpson’s Web site.

I kinda see why she had to lip-synch. But it was wrong of people to freak out just because she lip-synched.

-Ron

The whole shindig behind it is that she’s denying the fact that she lip sync’s. Then she was caught red… uh… microphoned last year on SNL.

Red Microphoned? Ok…well she still shouldn’t have done it though.

I’m happy she was exposed. It shows the world how fake the POP world really is. I don’t have a good voice, but I have passion and when ever I get on stage I give it all I have with out effects or sound loops. I have no respect for actors pretending to be musicians or singers. People who like fake music are posers and will have a hard time when reality kicks in and they realize they don’t live in a fantasy.
Saturday Night Live should be great tonight because I’m sure they poke fun at A. Simpson a few times and she’ll do what she does best, crapping acting. :booty

Re: RE: It’s ‘Synch’ or Swim for Ashlee Simpson

When you’re caught stealing it’s called “red handed”… but since she lip synch’d it’s called “red microphoned”…

get it???

Get it??

http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/smilies_mod/upload/e449023c340cad6b4ef621716b98ef51.gif

:smiley: Thats a good one man. :rock

well she seemed to do pretty good this time even tho her voice makes me cringe.

She did her little dance again at the end of the show. Wasn’t enthused really at all.

thats because you were thinking about what you could of been doing other than watching that. :stuck_out_tongue:

i think its funny how the album is called “I am me” when shes the farthest thing from that right now…especially with lip synching…hehe

didnt at one point she said her band was playing the wrong song and thats why she fuct up the first time??