Jackstands

what are the talles jack stand i can get form like sears?i want to be able to jack my car as high as possible and be able to work on it. whats the highest i can go? i cant wait, im gonna go clean the gearage and move the stang to the 2 stall garage tommorow! and get it dirt free. then i have a nice big plae to work on it. i just need to be able to jack it up nice and talll. soo if u guys could give me some links or somehting, i need the talles jack stand u can find. THANKS A LOT!!! :banana

You won’t be able to get the car up that high. The highest mine goes is just enough to get under the car to do oil changes, etc. Maybe 15".

Just cut 4 pieces of 2X4 36" long. Then lift each corner a little at a time until you can put one under each tire standing upright. It’s real hard to get the balance just right, and when it’s there, DO NOT I repeat, do not bump the car, it will fall over.

:booze

lol!, i saw some at sears that went 21" where is the best place to put them on a fox?

put them right under the control arms.

The 15" was a guess. Now that you mention it, 21" sounds right.

sweet! thanks for the replies. im gonna go clean out garage tommorw, make way, then i have a BIG 2 stall garage just to store and work on the stang!!! :banana

cool, I dunno about Tims suggestion about the wood blocks under the car. I’d be a little scared. :dunno

[quote=RecklessTim]Just cut 4 pieces of 2X4 36" long. Then lift each corner a little at a time until you can put one under each tire standing upright. It’s real hard to get the balance just right, and when it’s there, DO NOT I repeat, do not bump the car, it will fall over.

:booze[/quote]

thats a disaster waiting to happen… lol

lol

I can see bobby posting tommorrow saying “damn Tim told me to put my car on planks and I did it, and the damn thing fell on top of me. Now after hours at the hospital I am finally able to come home and continue whoring…” LOL

Ok, let me just clear this up for you guys that may have doubts about my post…

I WAS NOT SERIOUS. A stunt like that could get you killed. :fu
Provided you could even get you car up that high and manage to somehow balance it.

:funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah

[quote=RecklessTim]Ok, let me just clear this up for you guys that may have doubts about my post…

I WAS NOT SERIOUS. A stunt like that could get you killed. :fu
Provided you could even get you car up that high and manage to somehow balance it.[/quote]

we know that you are completely serious and you have done it before!! lol

Just because the little guy in my avitar is pouring gas on himself, doesn’t mean I’m Reckless.

sure it doesnt… :dunno

:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

lol

The JACK is going to be the problem, not the jackstands… Put a few pieces of GOOD SOLID wood on the jack and it’ll get you a few more inches.

[quote=RecklessTim]Just cut 4 pieces of 2X4 36" long. Then lift each corner a little at a time until you can put one under each tire standing upright. It’s real hard to get the balance just right, and when it’s there, DO NOT I repeat, do not bump the car, it will fall over.

OMG Timmeh, that is completely insane! You forgot to tell him to put a piece of gum under each two beh ferr. pffft! :dunno

i got 4 sears tall jack stands you can get it pretty high but you got to jack it up than put a 4x4 under the jack to go up all the way i got total of 10 jack stands…and need more

[quote=HOTRODSnBOOZE][quote=RecklessTim]Just cut 4 pieces of 2X4 36" long. Then lift each corner a little at a time until you can put one under each tire standing upright. It’s real hard to get the balance just right, and when it’s there, DO NOT I repeat, do not bump the car, it will fall over.

OMG Timmeh, that is completely insane! You forgot to tell him to put a piece of gum under each two beh ferr. pffft! :dunno[/quote]

I didn’t use gum smacks forehead that would have made it sooo much easier.

I can see Tim putting teh wood under his Stang and having at it… :booze