Jodie Whittaker THE DOCTOR

Jodie Whittaker has been announced as the new Doctor Who. She is the 13th Doctor, and the first appearance of the Doctor as a woman (if you exclude Joanna Lumley when she played the Doctor for a whole of one minute in a non-cannonical Comedy Relief episode).

Thoughts? Have the lefties won, or is she right for the role?

thoughts?

I’m ecstatic

Very happy, she was great in Broadchurch and will do great in Dr Who

Need a fat black pregnant Trans person next. But in all seriousness though if she cocks up then we probably won’t see a diverse doctor in a long time

i have no context to anything she’s done before but this should be good

@hotsauce2910

See the above article. “13th Time Lord to be a woman”. Note the use of Time Lord, not mentioning Time Lady. Time Lord is a species rather than a title to change with gender.

That definitely should be interesting, I don’t remember having seen any of our previous work but I can get the “doctor feel” from her. What I’m really interested about now is what choice will be made for the companion

It’s definitely going to be a man.

I’m hyped up for that. I want the young sexy man companion.

What has Bill gone :sob:

You can say that again.

The BBC is obviously just going further down the diversity for diversity’s sake approach, as opposed to choosing the best person for the role.

What does lord have to do with genitals, A lord is a lord.

Well if we’re talking about aristocratic titles, Lord = male, and Lady = female.

I don’t see how she could ruin a show which is already garbage, but good for her that she got the role.

bring back rory 2017

top b8 m8

Typical Cis male afraid of strong female characters, bet you hated the new ghostbusters

I was never really a massive fan of the real one tbh, not my cup of tea, so I never bothered to watch the PC one.

Bet it was shit though.

"Chris Chibnall, the show’s new head writer said: "After months of lists, conversations, auditions, recalls, and a lot of secret-keeping, we’re excited to welcome Jodie Whittaker as the 13th Doctor.

"I always knew I wanted the 13th Doctor to be a woman and we’re thrilled to have secured our number one choice. Her audition for The Doctor simply blew us all away. "

Says it right there, m8.