Joe/md

K bro I have a few questions…What would you do in each case?

1 Gears 410’s or 430’s (I know if I go SC I don’t change em)
2 SC or NOS (I drive 100 + miles a day)
3 Best cattback system for a stock Mustang y pipe
4 Should I just trade it in and buy a 03-04 Cobra

Please answer all questions I have the Cams and tranny done I just want more power untill I can afford the 600HP crate (with a girlfriend and kids probably will never happen) and I just dont think my exhaust sounds right it dosn’t grawl like it should it kinda screams. Give me differant ideas so I can get it finished by spring K? Thanks

If anyone else has any comments feal free to reply.

Thanks for the help, RedStang

Considering your mileage each day I’d go with the 4.10’s (even with a supercharger… I run 4.10’s in my car). Maybe 3.73’s with a positive displacement blower. Anyways 4.10’s would put you around 2500 rpm’s cruising on the highway at 65 mph or so with your t45 tranny.

Personally I prefer a s/c because the power is ALWAYS there, but nitrous is much cheaper. If racing with nitrous a 4.10 gear is gonna really put a hurting on the tires, much more so than a centrifugal s/c.

Best catback for sound in my opinion is Flowmaster, they sound great and are cheap… not the best performing mufflers though. Nothing would be really loud though unless you got an aftermarket H or X pipe to go along with the cat-back. Hell, you could even just buy the Flows off eBay for like $80 (mufflers only) and pay about $75 to have an exhaust shop weld them in ( a friend of mine did that).

The new Cobra’s are AWSOME and can be made insanely fast for a small amount of money (pulley upgrade)… but their expensive. Alot more potential in those, the motors are good for well over the 600 hp you want… but I doubt the Eaton blower on them stock would get you there.

oH YEA! +10 tokens for having the first real tech related post on the boards! wish we could get more of it :rock

Id go with boost, n2o maye seem cheaper at the start, but how often do you use. Id be every saterday night, and when i got the track the refill money adds up quick.

for gears for a daily driver i agree 4.10’s will do.

Now about the cobra ya thier expensive even the used ones are and you they are beat to shit. Their block can take alot of pain but is heavy as hell.

well to help

1. watch your gear selection as you don’t want to over rev the charger

2. the gear in a nos car isn’t that important…using a porgessive nos unit can eleminated the load off power and spead it over a rpm range that fits your driving style and suppension…

for cat back, for the money, id call nino over at www.ninosport.com and get the magnaflow cat back for 100 or so bucks under advertised- tell him you are a member of MF or another forums and you will instantly pay less than 360 shipped.

gears- from what everyone else says- 4.10s. ill be doing gears by summer probably.

s/c- i might wait untill i have enough money to get an 03/04 cobra or maybe the 07 after a couple years. the cobra is in the distant future for me. even if i spent the money s/cing my v6, id be as fast as a gt for about the same money as a gt, so why not buy a gt? i love my 6er but i will upgrade to more horses when im 21 or whenever insurance rates drop. :rock

Thanks for the replys I think I will go with 410s and worry about SC or NOS later. Because the extra three grand would come in handy if I wanted to buy a Cobra. I am still undecided on exhaust…

I got to beet MD’s 11.97 :gears

May be different where you are, but I know in TX my rate didn’t change till I was 25.

[quote=RedStangGT2000]
I got to beet MD’s 11.97 :gears[/quote]

its 11.47 :funnah

lmao good luck with that. Call me when you do. :banana

[quote=mdvaldosta][quote=RedStangGT2000]
I got to beet MD’s 11.97 :gears[/quote]

its 11.47 :funnah[/quote]

Dude its on…11.47 is awsome though um…Well honey at this time i’m broke all money goes to the Mustang :smiley:

he is very VERY proud of his 11.47… he worked hard for that. lol

[quote=mdvaldosta]Considering your mileage each day I’d go with the 4.10’s (even with a supercharger… I run 4.10’s in my car). Maybe 3.73’s with a positive displacement blower. Anyways 4.10’s would put you around 2500 rpm’s cruising on the highway at 65 mph or so with your t45 tranny.

Personally I prefer a s/c because the power is ALWAYS there, but nitrous is much cheaper. If racing with nitrous a 4.10 gear is gonna really put a hurting on the tires, much more so than a centrifugal s/c.

Best catback for sound in my opinion is Flowmaster, they sound great and are cheap… not the best performing mufflers though. Nothing would be really loud though unless you got an aftermarket H or X pipe to go along with the cat-back. Hell, you could even just buy the Flows off eBay for like $80 (mufflers only) and pay about $75 to have an exhaust shop weld them in ( a friend of mine did that).

The new Cobra’s are AWSOME and can be made insanely fast for a small amount of money (pulley upgrade)… but their expensive. Alot more potential in those, the motors are good for well over the 600 hp you want… but I doubt the Eaton blower on them stock would get you there.

oH YEA! +10 tokens for having the first real tech related post on the boards! wish we could get more of it :rock[/quote]

He’s absolutely right. I have 4.30’s and spray. If I spray it on the street with the Comp T/A’s on, it just blows them off the car. It will actually start to get sidewayz at the top of 3rd gear. Which is a little too fast to have the ass end start coming around.

If you’re never going to the track, but just going to hit the button on the usual stoplight race, I’d probably go with the 3.90’s.