Life = Dream

What if your life was simply a dream?

I’d want to wake up and see what’s really going on then.

You misunderstood my question…

I’ve had dreams where my life was a dream. Very confusing.

Please explain. I will try again. :smiley:

I’m not saying if you had a dream about your life, in general. I’m saying that your life was all a dream and nothing that you ever did in your life really mattered or anything, like that.

How could that be possible? I have a life with friends, family, fun, love, ups, downs, highs, lows, and I make a difference. I can see it and feel it.

I’ve had a fear that life as we know it is the dream of some other being and that from the very very moment the universe was created to the moment it ends is just a fraction of a second to this being. This came to me in the middle of a softball game I was playing in when I was seven or eight where I suddenly felt like I was a puppet on stage in front of somethin larger than myself. I was a weird little kid.

All the world’s a stage…

But maybe you don’t have any of that stuff…

LOL I don’t think that means you were a weird kid. I wondered the same thing. Still do once in a while.

Then let me dream… the other is too awful to imagine.

Maybe but it certainly didn’t help me in softball. And they wonder why I got hit by the bal a couple of times while batting.

It’s almost as if life is an illusion.

Life is what you make of it.

You can’t expect things to be dropped in your lap.

There is a lot of good in life and a whole lot of bad to go along with it. You’ve got to decide for yourself if you’re going to let the bad get the best of you or stop it in its tracks and look for the good.

:24: I did that too, but it was when I was 20 and I was checking out a couple of guys…OOPS!

I’m just terrible at sports.

[quote=“RedRyder, post: 1098734”]Life is what you make of it.

You can’t expect things to be dropped in your lap.

There is a lot of good in life and a whole lot of bad to go along with it. You’ve got to decide for yourself if you’re going to let the bad get the best of you or stop it in its tracks and look for the good.[/quote]

So you’re saying I made my life become horrible? Thanks for the tip.

That is your interpretation. I mean no ill will.

I think she’s trying to say that if you only look for the negative, that’s all you’re going to find.