Lonely feeling

i was just watchin the Idol results show and Annie Lennox sang Bridge Over Troubled Waters. for some reason, just the emotion and power in the song made me want to put my arm around someone, hold them close, one of those moments. but nobody was next to me, and i thought about my former girlfriend and how much better i would feel if she was with me and i remembered my feelings for her…and now i feel really bad and super lonely. :(:(:(:(:frowning:

damn you, Annie Lennox. :jk

you should play some matellica in the bacground, always makes me feel beter

i feel ya.
Story of my life right now.

I stopped thinking about that long ago… one day we’ll all get older and feeling lonely will turn into ‘why can’t i have any free time?’

Listen to “End of the Line” by the Travelling Wilburys. That’ll cheer you up.:slight_smile:

YouTube - Traveling Wilburys End of the Line

watch some funny movies?

Like always…vodka, lots of vodka.

hey dude, I totally know how you feel. I HATE it when I had moments like that and thought about my ex. When times like that come, I remind myself the reasons of why we broke up. It’s better be alone than to be sick with someone. Someone special will come along, enjoy ur time of being alone when you can. Make it best of it by doing something you enjoy and take care of yourself.

I can totally relate. That song, sung by Simon and Garfunkel, ‘Back Home Again’ by John Denver; ‘Old Days’ by Chicago, ‘Precious and Few’ by Climax…just to name a few, make me long to go back to when I was a kid again and redo my life…

Hey i need some advice my grandma is really sick and me and her are real close. i’ve never had to deal with death in my family so i don’t no how to deal with the fact that my grandma want be around much longer. can u guys give me some advice?

I went through the same thing, I was very close to one of my nans and I couldn’t even be there at the end, I’m comforted by the fact that she loved me, knew I loved her and knew I did my best for her. It’ll be painful and is only something the memories and time can heal. I really feel for you!:frowning:

My grandmother passed away a few months ago, we were pretty close, and she was the first person i’ve ever been close to to die. It helped that I was with her a lot, taking her to her doctors appointments, helping her to walk, getting vanilla shakes together. it helped that i kissed her every time i left, i keep a picture of her and me by my laptop, and I just knew it was her time. No one lives forever; who would want to?

sorry it’s obnoxiously big, i cant figure out how to resize it.

That’s a great picture, M.M. It captures her smile and happiness and that’s something that should make you smile everytime you look at it…maybe even strengthen you in some way, just knowing she loved you so much.

M.M., that s a great picture, its things like that that can make you look back fondly, I have a tape of me singing with my nan and her reading me stories, its things like that you treasure.:slight_smile:

thanks guys peter your a big help because i’m close to her and i help her alot so it really helps to know she knows i care.

thank you to mm

I can help um… just think somrthin postive and the outcome will come

try to think something postive at this time is hard but i figure u probably know what ur talken about. thanks

[quote=“memento_mori, post: 318115”]My grandmother passed away a few months ago, we were pretty close, and she was the first person i’ve ever been close to to die. It helped that I was with her a lot, taking her to her doctors appointments, helping her to walk, getting vanilla shakes together. it helped that i kissed her every time i left, i keep a picture of her and me by my laptop, and I just knew it was her time. No one lives forever; who would want to?

resized it for you.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9780/44lyb0kzj7.jpg