Meatloaf

ok so the last time my mom made meatloaf whatever she put in it sent me to the ER with an allergic reaction so Im looking for a new recipe what do you all use or do?

I have never had Meatloaf.

But I have had nachos and enchilladas

So two out of three ain’t bad…oh man that was poor (Meatloaf joke for those wondering)

yeah I was wondering thanks for the great help TD

Hamburger, bread crumbs, diced onion, couple raw eggs and ketchup.

That’s about as basic and quick as you can get. Nothing in that should give you any problems.

[quote=“RecklessTim, post: 1067456”]Hamburger, bread crumbs, diced onion, couple raw eggs and ketchup.

That’s about as basic and quick as you can get. Nothing in that should give you any problems.[/quote]
you dont put any spices in it? She bought this meatloaf premade stuff at the store and it was good but I dont know what was in it.

I can see paradise by the dashboard light :ninja

Ask V- her meatloaf is awesome!

thats what I hear but her phone is broke right now :frowning: maybe Ill call her later

tim pretty much hit the nail on the head… the best part is the topping sauce- ketchup and brown sugar

You really don’t need to if you use the Italian bread crumbs… But like I said, this is down and dirty meatloaf. It’s about as basic as you can get and still have it taste like meatloaf.

I like it.

:homo:

You gotta top it. :smiley:

I forgot to mention that…

We’re not appreciated. Let’s leave with our dignity! Much like a Bat out of hell :24:

Taxi for Durden

You gotta top it. :smiley:

I forgot to mention that…[/quote]
ahhhh ok!

[quote=“Tyler Durden, post: 1067464”]We’re not appreciated. Let’s leave with our dignity! Much like a Bat out of hell :24:

Taxi for Durden[/quote]

I’m with you. I like you because you have a Bad Attitude :thumbup

Audra, I’ve also used ketchup and honey for the topping - but I like the sound of the brown sugar. My basic recipe is pretty much the same as Tim’s.

thanks guys I appreciate it Ill try it soon :slight_smile:

I use about a pound of hamburger, a cup of breadcrumbs, one egg, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, dry onions (don’t tell Donnie), and ketchup. I put more ketchup on top for the last 15 minutes or so.

lol I dunno anything about cooking it :stuck_out_tongue: but when I saw the title I thought you meant the singer :stuck_out_tongue:

My special meatloaf

Mix

1 lbs Ground Beef
1 lbs sausage
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 a sleeve of crunched up saltine crackers

Bake 350 for an hour

Want to make it fancier? Double layer it with with Mozzarella cheese

I usually do:

2 lbs ground sirloin
1/2 - 3/4 package of dry Italian dressing mix
2 eggs - beaten (and spanked :wink: )
A decent size sprinkle of Italian breadcrumbs.
A decent sprinkle of salt, season salt, onion powder, garlic powder & Redneck Pepper.
A splash of bbq sauce.

Sometimes I add about a cup of shredded Mozzarella into the mix.

Add more breadcrumbs if needed.

After I’ve foiled my loaf pan I set two pieces of bread on the bottom to help soak up grease.

Once placed in the pan I give it a coating of bbq sauce and put in a 350degree oven for 30 minutes. Then I re-coat the top w/more bbq sauce and bake for another 30 minutes.

I let it set for about 5 minutes before cutting it.

The bbq sauce makes a yummy glaze on top. I hadn’t thought of also using brown sugar but now I may do that next time at the 30 minute mark. I bet that would add to the glaze nicely.