Missing clothes

So, apparently my upstairs neighbors are thieves!

We share a laundry room in the basement, and we each have our own set of washer and dryer. I also have a drying rack down there, for my sweaters and such.

My roomie asked me the other night if I’d seen a couple items of clothing around. I said no… we always do laundry at separate times and there’s no way we could mix them up.

So I was going through my clothes today looking for a sweater, and apparently it’s missing!

I dunno what to do. It’s not like I can knock on their door and ask them about our missing clothes… but I tell you if I see either of them wearing it I’m gonna go ballistic.

Lame. :thumbdown

I would HATE sharing that… Do they try using your washer and dryer too?

They’ve plugged their dryer into our outlet before, so we were paying for their electricity. Damn bitches! :mad

i’d go mad if that was me…i buy nice clothes with my hard earned cash…clothes for me and me alone

Ya I’d be pissed. But I would bring it up and tell them you are going to start video taping the laundry room or ask the landlord to install survelance cameras.

My best friend had to go through this a few months ago. They ended up returning some things but not all.

I’d be pissed!
That is just not on!

i had someone steal a brand new pair of levi’s off the clothes line once…bastard

i say you confront them about it… It will only get worse. :frowning:

I’m going to talk to my roomie, then probably going to talk to the landlord about it. Let him know about the situation and let him be the middle man.

good idea!

Middle man is probably a good idea. I can’t believe people do that though! I mean, c’mon, it’s pretty obvious where your clothes are going if there are only two people using that area…

good job it aint your undies lol :smiley:

That is really something. Sorry about the whole situation :frowning:

That sucks, Sweetie - but I agree - talk to the landlord. Sheesh!

Thats low!

[quote=“AnitaBeer, post: 1085114”]Ya I’d be pissed. But I would bring it up and tell them you are going to start video taping the laundry room or ask the landlord to install survelance cameras.

My best friend had to go through this a few months ago. They ended up returning some things but not all.[/quote]

:homo: A good idea here if you don’t get this resolved and it keeps happening.

But I’m a little confused, as you seem a little biased here. If you came and visited Goddess and I, all the clothes you were wearing at the time would be missing in about 10 seconds :ninja

[quote=“canidae, post: 1085125”]:homo: A good idea here if you don’t get this resolved and it keeps happening.

But I’m a little confused, as you seem a little biased here. If you came and visited Goddess and I, all the clothes you were wearing at the time would be missing in about 10 seconds :ninja[/quote]

Yeah, but we’d give them back when we were done! :stuck_out_tongue:

If there is only one other party that would have access I would knock on their door and ask them if they have had anything stolen and if so they also should notify management. It could be somebody that works at the complex too you know. Asking the neighbor would do two things. If they are the thiefs it puts them only alert and probably stop them from repeating it. If they are innocent they too could have had things stolen and might be thinking you took their stuff.

Chances are if they were brazen enough to plug into your power source they are the guilty ones but doing it with the question if they had stuff stolen also and then indicating you were going to notify the management in case some worker did it should put a stop to it. You might even find it suddenly show back up

[quote=“Alien Allen, post: 1085127”]If there is only one other party that would have access I would knock on their door and ask them if they have had anything stolen and if so they also should notify management. It could be somebody that works at the complex too you know. Asking the neighbor would do two things. If they are the thiefs it puts them only alert and probably stop them from repeating it. If they are innocent they too could have had things stolen and might be thinking you took their stuff.

Chances are if they were brazen enough to plug into your power source they are the guilty ones but doing it with the question if they had stuff stolen also and then indicating you were going to notify the management in case some worker did it should put a stop to it. You might even find it suddenly show back up[/quote]

I’m not in a complex… I’m in a house. My roomie and I share the downstairs, and there are two girls upstairs who share the apartment above. Only one of the girls is small enough to wear my roomie’s & my clothes.

[quote=“canidae, post: 1085125”]:homo: A good idea here if you don’t get this resolved and it keeps happening.

But I’m a little confused, as you seem a little biased here. If you came and visited Goddess and I, all the clothes you were wearing at the time would be missing in about 10 seconds :ninja[/quote]

Oh well I won’t have to pack much then… since I won’t be wearing clothes very often. :smiley: