My huh moment of the weekend

I heard a PSA about car booster seats for kids. According to the PSA kids are suppose to be in booster car seats until they are 4’-9". There are some adult women who barely make that. Certainly their dimension is wrong.

Nope. When I was babysitting, the mother told me the weight guideline is 80 lbs, so it may be that the “normal” weight for 4’9" is about that. Her 9 year old daughter had to ride in one.

My kids were out of booster seats by about 7 or 8. I doubt either was that tall at the time.

What’s funny about that though is they have a height weight requirement but then say up to a certain age (which escapes me at the moment). My mom is very tiny…can you imagine her in a booster seat? She’d punch my kneecaps out for having this convo right now…but how does age preclude safety?

What got me to thinking about it was Sunday I was in Taco Bell. I am 5’-11" and this woman my age or older walks by me. She was not even up to my armpits in height and had on 6" heels. :ninja

[quote=“AUFred, post: 1100161”]What got me to thinking about it was Sunday I was in Taco Bell. I am 5’-11" and this woman my age or older walks by me. She was not even up to my armpits in height and had on 6" heels. :ninja[/quote]Stack of phonebooks.:nod::smiley:

You shoulda checked her car.:24:

[quote=“shocker69, post: 1100162”]Stack of phonebooks.:nod::smiley:

You shoulda checked her car.:24:[/quote]

Probably one of those who drives down the road looking like the stack of money on the Gieco commercial looking between the top of the steering wheel & the dashboard.:24:

[quote=“AUFred, post: 1100163”]Probably one of those who drives down the road looking like the stack of money on the Gieco commercial looking between the top of the steering wheel & the dashboard.:24:[/quote]LOL! That’s not someone you’d wanna be behind if you’re in a hurry & losing blood.:24:

You’d need to be lifeflighted just to get past her.

My grandmother is probably 5 even and has cushions under and behind her. Two under, I think… But no phone books.

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1100165”]My grandmother is probably 5 even and has cushions under and behind her. Two under, I think… But no phone books.[/quote]She might wanna reconsider.

Phonebooks don’t lose their height.

Her cushions are plenty hard! Not sure what’s in them, or if they are just really overstuffed, but they are super un-comfy!