My latest creation!

My good friend (well he is really like my brother) came to me with this old rusted hulk of shit go cart Friday… He wanted to give it to his little brother for his birthday. Which is tomorow. Neither of us have a grip of cash but I have alot of stuff lying around my shop. Like the paint, tools, and just so happend to have a pretty new 5.5hp Honda engine. Well, his little brother is really into the dukes of hazzard so we decided to make it a General Lee. I have been up for almost 50 hours trying to get this damn thing painted and going.

I painted everything on. The orange, the 01 and the General Lee down the sides were made with a ruler, a pencil and masking tape. Thats what the Navy taught me. :lol We made the seats out of a 1 x 11 board, some yellow foam, and some grey vynil (sp?) from Wal-Mart. I am pretty excited about how this turned out! I wish I took a before picture, it came out of a scrap iron bin if that tells you anything about it. Not to shabby for a mad thrash for 2.5 days if I should say so myself! THANK GOD FOR RED BULL!!!

What do you guys think??? I would shite myself if I got it for my 10th B-day.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1051105/Gocart1.JPG

awesome, i wish i had that right now and im way older then 10 lol

Im sure as hell he will love it and beg to drive it everyday lol

ay… aint yaz a little biggie for that :smiley:

:agree

Nice go cart. Joe had a few of those, but he got rid of them. Austin would ride with him, until joe took a corner to hard and austin fell out and the cart ran over his leg!!! daddy got into BIG trouble for that!!

Well… we gave it to him today! He was so stoked! Then the chain broke… :lol

If its not one thing its another. I got alot of good comments on it this morning while I was carrying it around on the flat bed truck.

Man thats awesome, I want a go kart. Right now my dirtbike is keeping me entertained though. Good job though :rock

Thanks man! Dirtbikes rock ass!!! I have been riding since I was 5 years old.

Awesome, I didn’t get started until I was about 10. My sister has a go kart, and we used to always ride that thing. It’s been broke for a while though.

Thats awesome! I got started so early because my mom and dad raced dirtbikes back then. My dad wanted to mold me into a big time motocross racer. I lost interest in that and he quit pushing me so hard, then when I got a little older I hella wanted to do it. But then he decided that it was too dangerous since he crashed and had to get a titanium rod and screws in his leg. Who knows where I would be if I kept persuing it, I used to be hella good on a dirtbike. :dunno I haven’t rode in the dirt in about 8 or 9 years.

WHat kind of dirtbike do you have if you don’t mind me asking. I went through alot! :lol I knew just how to blow em up.

Well I started off with an XR 100, then after riding my cousing CR 80 I knew I had to have a 2 stroke. My other cousin was selling his CR 125 at the time so I bought that. Got rid of that about a year ago, and last month I got a YZ 125. My cousin is selling his 2000 CR 250, and I realllllyyyyy want that! Can’t get it though unfortunately because I’m paying for the YZ lol.

Hella! I started on a old CR 50. The first day I had it I slid it under our back porch! That kinda hurt. Then I upgraded from there.

CR50
XR100
CR125
RM125
CR250
CR250 (Hit a log wound out in 6th… totaled the bike)
CR250
CR500 (That lasted a month at the most)
KX125 (My play around bike I had in california, it had a pro circuit factory in it)

Then I had my CBR929RR… that was the funnest bike I ever had.

Oh! and I had a CRF50 with pro tapers and a big bore kit when i was living in Cali. :lol I got hurt more on that bike than any of the others!

Re: RE: My latest creation!!!

[quote=redsMULLT1]Hella! I started on a old CR 50. The first day I had it I slid it under our back porch! That kinda hurt. Then I upgraded from there.

CR50
XR100
CR125
RM125
CR250
CR250 (Hit a log wound out in 6th… totaled the bike)
CR250
CR500 (That lasted a month at the most)
KX125 (My play around bike I had in california, it had a pro circuit factory in it)

Then I had my CBR929RR… that was the funnest bike I ever had.[/quote]

Whoa, that’s an impressive list! How was the 500? I have heard those are soooo mean, but I haven’t ever had a chance to ride one. People have told me the power is unbelievable, and your fighting a wheelie all the time.

That 250 log thing sounds like it would hurt, because I know how fast they are in 6th gear!

My YZ has a pro circuit pipe, silencer, and these new reed valves. It’s fast, the suspension is stiffened to for jumping. It’s fun.

Yeah the CR oak log thing sucked, broke my nose and alot of gravel rash. Not near as bad as when I hit a telephone pole on a Yamaha Tri-Z 250 2 stroke 3 wheeler. That fawked alot of shit up. Thats another story if you want to hear it.

The CR500 was wicked sick. But way too much power for any kind of riding except for in the dunes… which we don’t have around here. If your not spinning the rear like hell, your riding a wheelie. It will would pull the front way off the ground through all gears under throttle. No clutching it up, just roll the throttle and if you had the traction, it was up. Oh yeah… it was fast. :lol

Then I got into stunting sport bikes with the 929. I have some pics of all that shizz, even when I crashed trying to wheelie around corners on a mountain road.

:LOL I could make a whole thread on the dumb shit I’ve done in my life!

Oh, that KX125 I had in Cali had a Pro Circuit factory racer engine in it. I had more money then I had sence when I was out there. :dunno

Re: RE: My latest creation!!!

[quote=redsMULLT1]Yeah the CR oak log thing sucked, broke my nose and alot of gravel rash. Not near as bad as when I hit a telephone pole on a Yamaha Tri-Z 250 2 stroke 3 wheeler. That fawked alot of shit up. Thats another story if you want to hear it.

The CR500 was wicked sick. But way too much power for any kind of riding except for in the dunes… which we don’t have around here. If your not spinning the rear like hell, your riding a wheelie. It will would pull the front way off the ground through all gears under throttle. No clutching it up, just roll the throttle and if you had the traction, it was up. Oh yeah… it was fast. :lol

Then I got into stunting sport bikes with the 929. I have some pics of all that shizz, even when I crashed trying to wheelie around corners on a mountain road.

:LOL I could make a whole thread on the dumb shit I’ve done in my life![/quote]

Couldnt we all! :lol

LOL sounds like you have had some interesting times man. I want a 500, just to mess around with. Sounds like it might be a little bit of fun :smiley: Crashing is always good for a laugh after you scrape yourself off the ground, as long as you don’t mess anything up too bad.

I had a bad wreck with my 100. My cousin had been jumping off of this one jump, full throttle, in the same spot, over and over again. So there was a big rut/groove in it. Right in the middle of it to. Well it was a little jump. About 50 feet past the jump, theres a tree on each side of the path that are about 10 ft apart from each other. Well I went over that jump, and my tire hit that rut and it made the backend go sideways. I hit the ground heading right for the tree on the right, wrapped out in 3rd gear. The bike hit the tree, and I flew over the handlebars right into the tree too. Put a huge dent in my helmet. I fell to the ground and the bike fell on top of me. The back tire was sitting there spinning on me, and burning, because the throttle was stuck in the dirt. It bent the front forks all the way up underneath the engine, and messed up my leg. That wreck sucked.

There have been tons of little wrecks, with cuts, scrapes, bruises, and burns (I rode in shorts once and regretted it). That one was the worst though!

How did the three wheeler thing go? I have only rode 1 of those and it didn’t seem very sturdy, a little scary LOL.

:lol Sounds like you ride like me! I know all about the insane burnout with the bike laying on you deal. That sucks bad. I rode in shorts once too, layed the bike down with the pipe on my leg. Never again.

Well, the three wheeler… When I was in High School I took a small engine repair shop class. My buddie that took the class with me had this Tri-Z. Well, we took it up there and rebuilt it, from motor to brakes, every hose and bearing. Well, we got done with it and he decided to test it in the parking lot and the field next to the shop. Which we weren’t supposed to be doing. He was popping little wheelies and just playing around. Well… wheelies were MY thing back then! I could ride em for days! So he pulls back up and wants me to take off on it. I jumped on there and the first thing I did was stick my right foot in the rear grab bar and popped it up. I got through 4 of the 5 gears on the rear wheels… still riding the wheelie I notice that I am drifting to the right… then I notice… OH SHIT!!! THERES A TELEPHONE POLE!!! Before I could let off the throttle I broadsided that pole. I have no idea how fast i was going. The foot pegs bruised the bottom of my feet it launched me so hard. I hit the pole with the right side of my body, no helmet. My top teeth went through my bottom lip and stuck. My whole right side was a bruise. Thought it broke my right arm. But It turned out to be ok… I guess… I never go get X rays or anything.
Everyone thought I was dead… I layed there for about 10 minutes.
All dude was worried about was that damn 3 wheeler.

I didn’t ride for about 1.5 years after that. I had 2 dirtbike just sitting in my garage. I cleaned then and whatnot, but they never came out of the garage. Then one day I just jumped on one and hauled ass to the pipeline next to my house and rode like nothing happend. :dunno

Damn that was a long story!!! :lol

Man that sounds pretty bad, I’ll bet it hurt. I have a scar on my right leg from the pipe laying on it. Don’t notice it unless you are looking for it though.

I did a backflip on my 100. Well, the bike did a back flip and I just flew through the air. Not on purpose either. I was out riding the bike, my friend was on my sisters go kart, and my sis was just watching us and being annoying. By being annoying I mean she would stand in the middle of a jump when she thought I was gonna go over it. Well she got on one, so I slowed down, and pulled in the clutch. She hopped off so I figures what the hell I’ll jump it anyways…Well I guess I popped the clutch and the bike did a backflip in the air. I just came down and landed on my face. Helmet on though. My friend ran over and said dude is the bike ok?!? I was just laying there trying to breathe again Lol.