New Rant Thread

rant

Happy birthday darling! :tada:

Can you not show them a doctor’s note? And if your phone has a record of you calking work, show that to them?

That’s so stupid. You should be able to contest it if they do fire you.

I have been with my girlfriend for over seven months and we still have not had a chance to fuck.

Since we’re on this topic, I dont have a girlfriend.

Never had a girlfriend in my life so I know how that feels.

I had one previously, cheated on me twice, perfectly content with being alone with 2 cats forever.

Not even being mopey, I simply don’t desire companionship that much.

Are you a MGTOW?

Twice? Did you know she was cheating on you at the time?

I took her back, lol

What’s that?

Wow, you must either have lots of patience or you really loved her!

Men going their own way.

Guys that refuse to get girlfriends/married.

I feel like that has a negative neckbeard connotation.

I dont refuse, I’m just content without one.

I suppose when you’re doing active sports and adventures for a week non stop you start to develop rly good relationships

Happy Birthday, man.

Yeah, although it was in the second week in dormitories when people really started to bond with each other.

My rant: I’m wasting my life by working, going on YD and playing games but I can’t fucking stop the first two because I have external obligations and the last two are my only stress releases, which barely fucking operates as such. My life is going nowhere; despite all life having no meaning and thus individuals formulate their owning meaning in life, I cannot even decide what I want to do in my life, I cannot seem to resolve this. So I’m essentially jumping from one distasteful event to another. My depression is worst than usual and I feel I haven’t experienced any other emotion other than utter despair in the last 3 days, which leads me into an almost undisturbed mental fixation of suicidality. But because I’m a functioning depressive no-one realises and thus while putting a fake smile on and making tedious small talk, I feel hollow, to the point where I feel my physical body might as well be untenanted. On top of this my mental healthcare in my area seems to be wank, while I was referred almost immediately to a psychiatry clinic, they were inconclusive, incompetent, demeaning and ineffective, with both medication and therapy; now I’ve been moved onto the adult psychiatry clinic, the team is going Freudian with their diagnoses and haven’t been able to offer me treatment yet.

TL;DR

I’m not okay. I’m just good at pretending I am.

I’m depressed and probably have substance abuse problems. Alcohol, weed, ketamine. . .

Anything to keep from being sober. And funnily enough my best friend at university developed psychosis thanks to drugs (stimulants specifically) and isn’t the same person now. Yet here I am, off my face.

My internet is very slow tonight.

Spent the last two-to-three years pretty much pissing away any social life I had, and I regret it to fuck. (I’m noticing a running trend in this thread too btw.) If I don’t get into my chosen university come results day on Thursday I’ll probably try and secure a better paying job, save up money, and then use it to fund moving into a different town / moving abroad to do whatever as a career. Can’t be fucked to do another year of education where I was. Maybe even go travelling for a year or so. I could only see myself staying here if I was just going to resit one exam, otherwise I’m out of here. That said, I’m fairly optimistic about the future either way. It can’t go much worse on the social side of things than what I’ve subjected myself to of my own free will, against the best wishes of both old friends and family members.

Same with me, lad. If I told my friends what was truly behind my smile and laughter, they would be shocked as hell. It’s like wearing a mask. One of my favorite quotes is from The Dark Knight Rises…

John Blake: Not a lot of people know what it feels like to be angry, in your bones. I mean, they understand, foster parents, everybody understands, for awhile. Then they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can’t do, move on. So after awhile they stop understanding. They send the angry kid to a boys home. I figured it out too late. You gotta learn to hide the anger, practice smiling in the mirror. It’s like putting on a mask.