No more dialup

i just got cable modem service, after so long. thought i would share - not that you all care but im real happy. now i can actually check out the videos section

:rock :rock

its mucho grande speedier than dialup

:cool

I’ll never go back to dial up myself. Which is why I’ve been spending 100 for tv/modem through Comcast every month.

i dont have TV cable, but i dont mind i dlont watch much tv

My cable co. doesnt offer cable internet and FCC regulations wont allow the co. that does offer it cross into my area to provide service. So I guess Im just a screwed pooch. :dunno

i will never have dial up ever again

Re: RE: no more dialup

what about dsl, or dish, or something else?

what about dsl, or dish, or something else?[/quote]

dsl is slower than Cable and the dish isn’t an internet provider.

dsl is slower, but i assume he was using dialup. as far as dish, i know “Dish network” isnt persay, but there is such thing (or was such thing if it isnt around anymore) as dish based internet servic. i forget what its called though…

in my experience, there’s no dish internet around here. But i’ve heard it’s like dial up speeds because of satellite transfer lag and the service can go in and out much like satellite tv.

what about dsl, or dish, or something else?[/quote]

Ive looked into it and I dont kow about speeds, but the equipment cost is about $800. :o I would be super pissed if I bought $800 worth of sattelite equipment and my internet was still slow as hell.

oh i didnt know it was that slow - just that it existed