Now check out the webpage

I crash-coursed myself in HTML…
www.mannygoldfingers.com
(refresh or delete cache if you’ve already viewed it)

now that looks MUCH better!!

looks more organizes, still needs polishing though. nothing major, but litle things here and there. like the menu on the main page (with the buttons is really big… that gray padding around it, is it really necessary? and why is the menu not on the left side? if theres a reason, then i guess ok - just my first impresion thats all

also, you might want to consider puting the menu on everyu page (assuming it was smaller) in the margin or something. then you wouildnt have to have the drop down box menu, it would look a little cleaner.

just a general comment - consistency is key to making a website looking professional. like if you go to music, the buttons/fonts are quite different than the buttons on the first page. may wanna pick one style and stick with it.

ill stop now, since i assume you are still working on it so for all i know these are all things you are thinking already.

That pics 100x better than the pimp in the fur coat pic :banana

I’d say focus on having that pic blend in better to the backround either with a border or some fading or something and if the pics gonna be the focus of your page then make the title of the page match it in some way

Re: RE: Now check out the webpage…

[quote=mdvaldosta]That pics 100x better than the pimp in the fur coat pic :banana

I’d say focus on having that pic blend in better to the backround either with a border or some fading or something and if the pics gonna be the focus of your page then make the title of the page match it in some way[/quote]

good idea, (but md the pimp pic is still there when you go in the site :cool :smiley: )

i really shuold get back into web design its fun… just have nothing to make a page about…oh well

sorry I didnt notice there was a link to anywhere else :booze

I figured it’d look much better. Thanks…
About the size… here is my confusion.
I built the site with Frontpage… and pasted it into my file manager in bravenet (hosting). It looks fine at work… but I was logged onto the internet from a remote desktop with an old version of IE. When I look at it that way it looks fine… everything fits. When I check it out at home it looks OK. But when my boss pulls it up on his PC at work the buttons look big and you have to scroll over a little bit. Can I put code it there to make it fit to page? Like some pages will shrink to fit when you minimize the browser… or when someone uses a different browser?

either line the buttons and images up with formatting (like “center”, “left”) and maybe a few spaces if needed or use tables

Also, most sites are written to be best viewed at 800x600 res. It seems to be the norm.