Official Political Compass Thread

8values is my favorite of all these - despite them associating ‘progress’ with science.

Here’s my latest one there, I did it again. I couldn’t resist. I have basically no life right now because I’m recovering from surgery and this is my favorite political orientation test, so:

tfw more of a marketeer than @Joshrune and @I_am_the_Senate

I mean, I may support market-based economies but I’m pretty strongly in favour of the existence of the state (for more reasons than just the economic) and I do support efficient regulation, some state intervention where there’s empirical cases for it, etc. That’s probably why it’s churned me out with the result that it did.

I think the welfare state should exist but that’s about it. I believe all services, except for the Armed Forces, should be privatized. So I’m pretty economically liberal, me thinks. As far as all that fiscal shit goes, I’m definitely not a taxfag, though. I’m not American-style free marketeer. That’s like a meme basically.

I just think competition produces the best results in pretty much every situation.

I’m a little iffy on trade, I answered pro-free trade and maybe if I didn’t I’d be closer to your score.

I know it greatly benefits the economy but if I based everything on that I’d be an Ancap - which I definitely do not want to be. Looking back at it, I should’ve probably said no on the free trade question. :confused:

I’m pretty strongly in favour of free trade. So is @I_am_the_Senate.[quote=“Gall_Ghaedheil, post:590, topic:107698”]
I think the welfare state should exist but that’s about it. I believe all services, except for the Armed Forces, should be privatized. So I’m pretty economically liberal, me thinks. As far as all that fiscal shit goes, I’m definitely not a taxfag, though. I’m not American-style free marketeer. That’s like a meme basically.

I just think competition produces the best results in pretty much every situation
[/quote]
I’m with you on the competition and welfare state front, but I’m pretty open to state intervention in a market-based economy in order to remove barriers to entry, deal with information problems, create institutions that help to further economic progress and improvements in human welfare, etc. Hell, I’m not against having state-run businesses if there’s an empirical case for it. In terms of political philosophy in this case I probably have a lot of overlap with more market-based social democrats and social liberals, it’s just I tend to disagree with the methods these people use in practice.

I better take the test again

Can someone tell me why these tests aren’t simply agree/disagree? I don’t get it. Why strongly agree/disagree? What difference does it make? Should I be strongly agreeing/disagreeing or just agreeing/disagreeing? In the past few times I’ve taken this test I’ve just been doing a mix of both.

Anyways, here, let’s see how much of a marketeer I am now :stuck_out_tongue:

@Gall_Ghaedheil how were you graded a progressive?

I have no fucking idea.

Political compass didn’t exactly give me a representative result, either.

I’m sticking with 8values.

TBH, I think spekr just confused my Authoritarianism (wanting to censor anything I don’t like) with modern Progressivism (the same thing) - spekr just didn’t take into account the stuff I want to censor is the opposite of the stuff the Progs want to censor.

Yeah, their left/right grading seems to be pretty flawed

you’ve almost got the same score as me, and the exact same on economy

though i suppose we answered some of the questions from a different perspective despite reaching same conclusions

on civil me and @I_am_the_Senate are just 0.8% away, while societal is 0.1% away

@I_am_the_Senate how are you a centrist and I am a right-wing populist when the only change is that I am significantly more pro-free market? I’d have thought it’d be the opposite given the results…

(mine 1 month ago)
https://www.youthdebates.org/uploads/db0565/optimized/2X/e/e7fef1fa1b03b0575acd611a5f52651a24a3b55f_1_666x500.png

Economically centrist but leads with 'Markets’
Diplomatically doesn’t even score 'Patriotic’
Isn’t Authoritarian, let alone Statist
Isn’t Traditionalist

Higher nation score?

Fair enough but 4% is not that much of a difference, either way my main point is that “Centrist” and “RW-Populist” is a very very wide difference for such a small score difference. I mean that’s many layers of political views between them

honestly reading most of your posts is like seeing someone put my views on paper (bar a select few very wide differences but mostly economic) so I don’t see how you’re a centrist in that respect … or how i’m a populist.

maybe the scores are just calculated in a different way in the background than a simple 8-position image

me rn

Liberal Leftist, apparently…

I think I actually recognize this test from a little while back when I was just surfing the Web for this kind of stuff, partly because I find this kind of analysis interesting, but mostly because I was massively bored at the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall, I thought the test-makers did a pretty good job, although some of the statements weren’t worded quite as specifically as I would have liked; even so, I doubt my results would have been very much different.

Pick one

‘Liberal left’ is a pretty common position… @ ^

Not that it’s a good one, oy vey.

I think some questions on any test I’ve taken have been loaded in some way.

disgusting

try harder pls

Haven’t done a political compass for awhile. Slightly more authoritarian than before (+1.5/2). Besides that there’s been little change.