Okay, so

If we’re talking college sports teams and I say Carolina, what’s the first thing to come to mind?

steve spurrier

God dammit Pitt losing totally blew my bracket…

Well, Fred ruined that one for me.

I’m from North Carolina and John and I were watching the game earlier and I kept saying Carolina, because, well, that’s what UNC is. I say South for South Carolina, but Carolina is the tarheels. John says I can’t just say Carolina because there are two states with that name. I was trying to prove a point. sigh

But it’s okay! John doesn’t know I made the thread, so I don’t have to admit defeat!

I would have said Tar Heels

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1078613”]Well, Fred ruined that one for me.

I’m from North Carolina and John and I were watching the game earlier and I kept saying Carolina, because, well, that’s what UNC is. I say South for South Carolina, but Carolina is the tarheels. John says I can’t just say Carolina because there are two states with that name. I was trying to prove a point. sigh

But it’s okay! John doesn’t know I made the thread, so I don’t have to admit defeat![/quote]

I usually say North Carolina & South Carolina. If I say Carlonia I am usually thinking South.:24:

Did you used to live there?

I said State for months after moving here, meaning NCSU. Confused a lot of people. Now it’s NC State and “State” refers to Mississippi State.

I have always lived in Alabama

hmm… then I guess you just like South C more than North C. I was born there, and then graduated high school there, so I guess I’m a Carolina girl. (As in North Carolina, lol). Or was. I’d say I’m a Mississippi girl because this is where my momma and her WHOLE family were raised, and it’s the only place I’ve lived for this long. But my momma was adopted, so I’m just a mutt. lol That was way off topic.

I just think of North Carloina in terms of Cherokee.

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1078613”]Well, Fred ruined that one for me.

But it’s okay! John doesn’t know I made the thread, so I don’t have to admit defeat![/quote]

Well, since you put it THAT way…when I just hear Carolina, I assume North…

I guess it depends on proximity.