On an up beat number

Wisconsin Considers Legalizing Cat Hunting

(April 12) - Feline lovers holding pictures of cats, clutching stuffed animals and wearing whiskers faced-off against hundreds of hunters at meetings around Wisconsin to voice their opinion on whether to legalize cat hunting.

Residents in 72 counties were asked whether free-roaming cats - including any domestic cat that isn’t under the owner’s direct control or any cat without a collar - should be listed as an unprotected species. If listed as so, the cats could be hunted.

The proposal was one of several dozen included in a spring vote on hunting and fishing issues held by the Wisconsin Conservation Congress. The results, only advisory, get forwarded to the state Natural Resources Board.

Statewide results were expected Tuesday.

La Crosse firefighter Mark Smith, 48, helped spearhead the cat-hunting proposal. He wants Wisconsin to declare free-roaming wild cats an unprotected species, just like skunks or gophers. Anyone with a small-game license could shoot the cats at will.

At least two other upper Midwestern states, South Dakota and Minnesota, allow wild cats to be shot - and have for decades. Minnesota defines a wild, or feral, cat as one with no collar that does not show friendly behavior, said Kevin Kyle with that state’s Department of Natural Resources.

Every year in Wisconsin alone, an estimated 2 million wild cats kill 47 million to 139 million songbirds, according to state officials. Despite the astounding numbers, Smith’s plan has been met with fierce opposition from cat lovers.

Critics of Smith’s idea organized Wisconsin Cat-Action Team and developed a Web site - Some argue it is better to trap wild cats, spay or neuter them, before releasing them.

I say kill all the fuckers and then have a big BBQ!!!

All I can do is roll my eyes, and wonder what happend to the glory of America. :dunno

What kind of stupid shiz takes up the national spotlight? :wtf

I can just see the big tough hunter in his den with all these little stuffed kitty heads on plaques around the room and one all layed out on the floor with the head and paws still attached…like a bearskin rug :lol

…and he’s smoking a pipe and telling hunting stories…"I tracked this trophy tomcat through my yard and all the way around the block until I finally caught a clear shot at him in the alley behind the grocery store. :gay

Did you know that if you kick a cat in the ass hard enough, you can wear him like a big fuzzy slipper. Mmmmm keeps the toes warm. :tard

Thats So Sad but if folks would learn to get there cat spad there wouldnt be so many to kill :dunno :dunno

yea i like cats but they need to be detesticlized. :smiley:

I thought this story was funny as hell

So did I. Don’t get me wrong, I like cats, but I prefer dogs. Actually, I prefer sheep, but we won’t get into that right now.

Re: RE: on an up beat number

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Cool new title there mate.

:funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah :funnah

:rofl

I like it! :smiley:

as long as you do :rofl

Ok… Thailor!!! :smiley:

haha lol u fugger

<----- Look at my pretties! How can anyone say no to a face like that?

:o

It seems kinda gay to me LOL …But bacon didnt you have the sheep before :lol :lol :lol

no that was joes neigbors dog…duh