One Love Manchester live discussion thread

Well I still think it’s a load of garbage and nil has come of it lmao

Didn’t notice the little shield gone, and you’re still in the Slack. A simple mistake, however that is now remedied.

Right but while you were a mod you didn’t remove any of his posts you disagreed with.[quote=“Rinveron, post:40, topic:111853”]
Coming directly form you who accuse me and some other people of bullying ?
[/quote]

How does this counter my point? It’s not moderator bias anymore because you quit, but it doesn’t take away the fact that you still seem to enjoy frequently insulting a member of the forum you “don’t like”.

Pointing out your insults towards Martina is not bullying you? Also, please address me directly, instead of continuing your little circlejerk with Rinveron :slight_smile:

Farnkie knows ive resigned so slack is her and shaz’s choice. [quote=“Doctapper, post:44, topic:111853”]
Right but while you were a mod you didn’t remove any of his posts you disagreed with.
[/quote]
Well lets be honest if I removed a single one of his posts you would be the first to have a massive row with me about it and accuse me of one thing or another. [quote=“Doctapper, post:44, topic:111853”]
It’s not moderator bias anymore because you quit, but it doesn’t take away the fact that you still seem to enjoy frequently insulting a member of the forum you “don’t like”.
[/quote]
Last time I checked I don’t use words like “retard” and “traitor” or other insults. Yes I use idiot but apart from you (who seem to love martina) ive had no complaints.

Okay?

Come on now Rinveron, we talked about this! You tried to get Martina’s posts removed for saying “That is a retarded way of twisting the numbers” (or whatever the exact wording was) by trying to equate it with an insult against the mentally ill people, so I obviously stepped in to prevent this from happening :slight_smile:

It’s also worth knowing that the other moderators agreed with me on that one.

And I’ve agreed with other flags and concerns of yours, too!

I’m very sorry for trying to make sure we moderate properly and don’t punish people for things that don’t need punishment! :([quote=“Rinveron, post:45, topic:111853”]
Last time I checked I don’t use words like “retard” and “traitor” or other insults. Yes I use idiot but apart from you (who seem to love martina) ive had no complaints.
[/quote]

We discussed that retard is only an insult if used in the context of an insult, because it has multiple meanings. This discussion is worthless to repeat here, though. I wouldn’t really consider “traitor” a worthy insult lmao

I don’t love Martina, Rinveron. I’d defend any member (and have defended quite a lot of members at this point) that I believe is being wrongly punished. That’s one of the main reasons why we debate almost every flag on Slack, to make sure we’re not wrongly punishing.

I deney doing
@Underscore u know staff rules I guess can u confirm if you are allowed to say what staff did behind closed doors because this does not seem fair on me? But since we are doing this you started talking about mechanics in slack when it came to defending martina :smiley: Seems like bias to me cos martina was not on about mechanics and the only definition both of us could provide which related slightly to martina’s point was on mental disability/stupidity. [quote=“Doctapper, post:46, topic:111853”]
It’s also worth knowing that the other moderators agreed with me on that one.
[/quote]

I know and ill make it public that the main reason I resigned was in protest about how all you guys think its despicable that you guys think that the word retard is ok to use (and to all members on this forum I “was” the only moderator I disagree with thee word being used due to the offense it can cause.)[quote=“Doctapper, post:46, topic:111853”]
I wouldn’t really consider “traitor” a worthy insult lmao
[/quote]

So its all about “worthy” insults now and what could be received as an insult :smiley: you make me laugh

If you watch closely, you can see that I made no mention of Slack and merely we have “discussed it outside of YD”, because we’re not allowed to reveal Slack discussion.

I used a mechanical retarder as a bit of a meme to show that “retard” isn’t always a bad word, but we later went more serious anyway where I used different examples in our conversation. Irrelevant here, anyway.

Also, I fear you do not understand what a bias is; let me help you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bias+definition

inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

Therefore, merely defending a member against a community strike is not showing a bias against you or anybody else, as it was not considered unfair nor am I inclined to support members over moderators or vice versa.

However, on this note, it appears that you show a bias against Martina as you showed prejudice when dealing with Martina, frequently flagging her posts but ignoring other posts on the forums. You also tried a false equivalence by equating her contextual use of “retard” with making fun of the mentally ill, which I considered to be unfair, as well as other moderators.

Mmkay, that’s after I showed you reasons why certain words are not always considered offensive, while others are, and “retard” was not a word that is always offensive :slight_smile:[quote=“Rinveron, post:47, topic:111853”]
So its all about “worthy” insults now and what could be received as an insult :smiley: you make me laugh
[/quote]

Well, yeah, traitor isn’t really much of an insult, you’d have to be particularly sensitive and vulnerable for that to be the case, in which the ordinary reasonable person is not, therefore we treat insults based on their severity, instead of assuming all insults are absolutely despicable.

Comments like these don’t really demean anything, sorry chap!

… right no mention of outside discussions. Also you mention actions I might have taken as a mod! [quote=“Doctapper, post:48, topic:111853”]
I used a mechanical retarder as a bit of a meme to show that “retard” isn’t always a bad word
[/quote]

Yes and we all know what someone calls someone a “retard” they clearly mean mechanical retard. (Sarcasm hint hint)[quote=“Doctapper, post:48, topic:111853”]
, frequently flagging her posts but ignoring other posts on the forums.
[/quote]

I have in the past flagged and dealt with flags from all sorts of people with different ranges of political belief.[quote=“Doctapper, post:48, topic:111853”]
Well, yeah, traitor isn’t really much of an insult
[/quote]

Which you are correct. But I quote from the rules

“The following are punishable offences:
Name-calling.”

Now calling someone a traitor is name calling (which is against the rules)

I also quote from the rules

“This includes, but is not limited to: direct attacks, name-calling, derogatory language, trolling, pointless comments.”

Derogatory language can involve “retard” and “traitor”, it is also a pointless comments (which I can confirm martina makes many of them).

No but u do make me laugh at some of your points :smiley:

Top kek the second quote is a mention of outside discussions[quote=“Rinveron, post:49, topic:111853”]
Also you mention actions I might have taken as a mod!
[/quote]

So? You have too lmao, also afaik when a post has been flagged it shows who has done it to everyone if you click it[quote=“Rinveron, post:49, topic:111853”]
Yes and we all know what someone calls someone a “retard” they clearly mean mechanical retard. (Sarcasm hint hint)
[/quote]

> when you continually (deliberately?) ignore the point i was making by trying to take it literally even though it’s clear that it was not to be taken literally because it was an e x a m p l e

You flawed your own point of me apparently constantly disagreeing and debating any actions you take, because I certainly haven’t to all of those lol[quote=“Rinveron, post:49, topic:111853”]
Which you are correct. But I quote from the rules

“The following are punishable offences:Name-calling.”

Now calling someone a traitor is name calling (which is against the rules)

I also quote from the rules

“This includes, but is not limited to: direct attacks, name-calling, derogatory language, trolling, pointless comments.”

Derogatory language can involve “retard” and “traitor”, it is also a pointless comments (which I can confirm martina makes many of them).
[/quote]

Actually a lot of her comments are counters to other people’s points thereby not being pointless.

“Traitor” is more-so a description of a person based off their actions or words said, which isn’t just a plain insult. If Person A who is traditionally supposed to support/represent x cause, but then makes a comment that Person B determines is actually against said cause, they therefore label them as a traitor, which is how I interpret Martina as using it, but hey-ho “name-calling” is a pretty ambiguous rule that has more justice when applied with a golden rule rather than a literal rule.

You’re also being a hypocritical attempting to point out things Martina has said as being against the rules, as the things you and Underscore have been saying definitely are against the rules, mainly personal attacks. We’re just not a group of Judge Dredds who punish absolutely everything that is said.

You might also want to read up on the literal and golden rules of statutory interpretation, because when determining whether or not a user has broken rules I frequently use the golden rule to avoid absurd or inconsistent outcomes, whereas you are a strong supporter of the literal rule.[quote=“Rinveron, post:49, topic:111853”]
No but u do make me laugh at some of your points :smiley:
[/quote]

I’d highly suggest growing up a bit. I understand this is a forum for young people who can be as young as say 11 years old, but this doesn’t mean those who are older should act like the mental age of the former when discussing issues :slight_smile:

You are quick on your petty insults, though. I suggest amending this because it’s getting harder to take you seriously, at least when I can actually read what you’re trying to type.

Its utterly stupid to compare the word retard in that context to the mechanical retard as u did. So I’m not changing the subject I’m proving u made a stupid point which made no sense at the time and had no link to context of what martina is saying which is why I am still arguing for this.

There are certain things we flag and deal with straight away as it is clear there is no need for debate. What I said was there is certain posts I would remove and warn for which I know u would kick off at me for (because we all know u hold a bias in this) [quote=“Doctapper, post:50, topic:111853”]
Actually a lot of her comments are counters to other people’s points thereby not being pointless.
[/quote]
Please give me examples cos very very little of what she says is even readable for a start.

Actually there is only one thing (perhaps one or 2 more) I said which where considered against the rules which I told u I removed and if u had any others you did not like I would also remove. I’m not a mod any more so what u do to @Underscore is up to you, yes he broke the rules so I wont complain if u deal with it in such manor[quote=“Doctapper, post:50, topic:111853”]
understand this is a forum for young people who can be as young as say 11 years old, but this doesn’t mean those who are older should act like the mental age of the former when discussing issues :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Have you read martina’s shitty posts because that is acting like an immature 11 year old. And don’t say its because I don’t like someone or not (or that I want to silence their views) because every other person on here I disagree with everyone can get along with as they structure their arguments very well, which martina lacks. [quote=“Doctapper, post:50, topic:111853”]
at least when I can actually read what you’re trying to type.
[/quote]

Stop bull shitting m8 like really, you can easily read what I’m saying because its spelt correct unless some idiots on this forum. One thing I have done since ive joined this forums is make my SPaG readable and proper. I very very rarely post a thread with spelling mistakes in (unless auto correct has done something or I clicked the wrong spell check).

Anyway going to end this now because I refuse to debate with people who accept the use language which is unacceptable in society today. Believe whatever the fuck you want for it, but your naive to think calling something “retarded” is acceptable.

@Doctapper @Rinveron
Please dispute this elsewhere and stay on topic.

You just admitted here it can also mean stupidity. Also, even if it wasn’t wrong, you proposed still punishing her for a misuse of grammar, lol!

Words also change their meaning over time, and the majority of places I see retard being used it’s always as another way to say “stupid”, just look up a thesaurus of “retard” anyway and you’ll see it’s not purely an offensive word.

Riiiiiiiiight, and the things that do need debate, are debated. Congratulations! In a debate, we don’t always have to agree, but I’ve agreed with your flags before lmfao. Look at the definition of bias again because you’re giving me an aneurysm. Also, that’s a pointless sentence :open_mouth:[quote=“Rinveron, post:51, topic:111853”]
Please give me examples cos very very little of what she says is even readable for a start.
[/quote]

Don’t worry mate, a lot of the things you type are also barely readable. It’d be silly to find examples because pretty much everything she says in a debate that hasn’t been deleted are all points or counter points in debates, the things said in this thread itself are examples of that.[quote=“Rinveron, post:51, topic:111853”]
Actually there is only one thing (perhaps one or 2 more) I said which where considered against the rules which I told u I removed and if u had any others you did not like I would also remove.
[/quote]

Errr, no, it’s almost whenever you reply to her, which you do so love doing.[quote=“Rinveron, post:51, topic:111853”]
so what u do to @Underscore is up to you, yes he broke the rules so I wont complain if u deal with it in such manor
[/quote]

You see unlike you I’m a bit of a fan of giving people chances, I won’t “deal” with you or Underscore because I’m not Kim Jong Un when it comes to things people say.

I view it like a court would view the offence of Battery (to extent Assault); the normal goings that occur in everyday life (e.g. barging into people in the street; accidentally touching people; etc) are insignificant enough to not amount to battery (this also works for assault, flipping somebody off can be an assault, but if someone does it at random and is never seen again it is not significant enough for an assault). I apply this here, the members here sometimes have arguments with each other but are usually too insignificant to warrant any action because they usually are forgotten about, therefore most of the things you and Underscore say to Martina apply in this way (and things she may say back), some posts Underscore has made have been deleted because they have been utterly unnecessary, but most of the time it can be acceptable. Hell, even some of the things we’ve been saying to each other in this discussion count here, we’re basically just being salty to each other rather than significantly insulting one another.[quote=“Rinveron, post:51, topic:111853”]
Have you read martina’s shitty posts because that is acting like an immature 11 year old
[/quote]

Martina doesn’t try to demean the other person by saying “some of the points you make make me laugh lololol”, and when you do that to people it’s immature. It was not in the context of a debate, it was in the context of petty insults.

Also, this doesn’t dispute the fact that you still act that way.[quote=“Rinveron, post:51, topic:111853”]
Stop bull shitting m8 like really, you can easily read what I’m saying because its spelt correct unless some idiots on this forum. One thing I have done since ive joined this forums is make my SPaG readable and proper. I very very rarely post a thread with spelling mistakes in (unless auto correct has done something or I clicked the wrong spell check).
[/quote]

You actually misspell quite a lot of words or just have poor grammar yourself, you’re in no place to judge Martina on that regard.

I was waiting for this.[quote=“Rinveron, post:51, topic:111853”]
but your naive
[/quote]

(((((GRAMMAR MISTAKE REEEEEEEE)))))[quote=“Rinveron, post:51, topic:111853”]
think calling something “retarded” is acceptable.
[/quote]

Do words hurt, my friend? Y-you called my post s-stupid earlier, I’m really upset.[quote=“liberalofthenorth, post:52, topic:111853”]
Please dispute this elsewhere and stay on topic.
[/quote]

The irony here is I was trying to keep Underscore on topic because he refused to debate Martina’s points and just treat her like an idiot, but then this masterpiece occurred.

Well you are continuing the add to this “masterpiece.” Please, let’s end this here.

We both are, and now you are too.

Please.

please give me examples- or are we doing stupid pathetic insults because we cant think of much else? I always try and improve my SPaG as it improves my exam mark

.[quote=“Doctapper, post:53, topic:111853”]
Errr, no, it’s almost whenever you reply to her, which you do so love doing.
[/quote]

Please read through all my posts and give me a accurate number of “insults” I am being accused off (happy to do that for you if its to much effort)m [quote=“Doctapper, post:53, topic:111853”]
I won’t “deal” with you or Underscore because I’m not Kim Jong Un when it comes to things people say.
[/quote]

HAHAHA no if you where Kimmy I would not be speaking to you right now.

you reading the same posts I am ? [quote=“Doctapper, post:53, topic:111853”]
Do words hurt, my friend? Y-you called my post s-stupid earlier, I’m really upset.
[/quote]

The word stupid is different to the word “retarded” which I would expect you to edit/delete my post if I used the word in a context upon which inverted commas was not used. [quote=“Doctapper, post:53, topic:111853”]
The irony here is I was trying to keep Underscore on topic because he refused to debate Martina’s points and just treat her like an idiot, but then this masterpiece occurred.
[/quote]

Yes but unlike you underscore knows how annoying martina is (I believe Chrome’s rant post was slightly targeted at martina)

@Rinveron Stop. Now. Please.

I’m just getting a bit more hostile towards you because you’re a basket of hostility towards me. As well as the one I gave earlier, you said this below:

Double wammy on that quote!

Top kek, no point going through every post you’ve ever made because I can find it right here.

As well as the ones in this very thread:

Now I know you can read and that does not mention min wage.

S: National Security Policy

or are you talking out of your arse as per?

S: National Security Policy

bloody hell if she is not right wing enough and she is a traitor to birtish society then who isn’t

A bit different because it’s not directly in reply, however it’s an indirect attack on her. S: National Security Policy

He will only remember your point if it agrees with his idiot views XD

This is a great one! S: National Security Policy

Your in fairy land again m8

More of these pointless little comments designed to demean the other person… S: What do you EXPECT will happen?

Well lets use a brain cell here. What is the GREEN parties flagship policy ? And what ideology do they support which no other political party support ? (now see if u can answer them- and no peaking at the answer)

S: Green Party backs three day weekend!

To be totally honest there is very few of my posts which are illegible compared to yours

More grammar stuff?

S: So, who trust Dianne Abbot / Corbyn with our safey now?

You make me laugh so hard sometimes
Of course if u knew anything about how important immigrants are to the country

Muh constant insults to intelligence, which you do love doing.

wow. You really don’t listen to anything anyone says do u!! FUCKING LISTEN for once please! you are so annoying when you do this and don’t even read a policy u comment on.

Getting a little angry here! No need for the outbursts of anger, makes you you look like a dick.

You have the fucking shit semantics because u cant form a arguments (which is not that hard).
God help me please a brick wall is easier to debate with.

You can’t form sentences, apparently.

(because u cant form a point properly and cant argue without slinging around personal insults)

Might want to look in the mirror. Even in that quote, the first half is an insult, the second half is complaining that she can’t argue without insulting lmfao

Also the first half of your post is unreadable please use proper English.

It was an easy post to read, you were just being a wanker.

you forgot traitors in that list : P
what about liberal antidemocrat that I call u XD

There was this little circlejerk between you and Underscore making fun of her.

S : Oh wow, u like labur, u must be some big rich man swine or a idot!

Nah hes just being hypocritical and his one tiny brain cell cant remember his last week political view :smiley:

This one you attempted to delete.

S: May to "relaunch" campaign

Sounds like your being a traitor to our most vulnerable now XD

My god you called her a traitor?!

S: May to "relaunch" campaign

Martina I know its really hard for you to understand

C O N D E S C E N D I N G

S: Labour/Left coalition - will they be spineless on terror and importing jihadis?

oi give me credit for saying it was him XD

More making fun of Martina I see, you openly admitted that you said that video was her…

S: General Meme Shitpost Dump

The day you can totally destroy one of mine or someone else points I will actively make a public speech in my local newspaper (so I know I’m safe there)

Implying she’s an idiot?

S: Sexual fascism - why does no one complain about it?

(guess u wont read it and actually educate your self for once)

S: Sturgeon - she wants all the immigrants in - so will lose!

And as I said to you BBC is NATIONAL news when u fucking realise what the BBC is you will add to this debate go and do some research please you beginning to annoy me as you are clearly uneducated with this topic and the rest of the topic u debate in

Calling her uneducated on everything, noice.

you answers are stupid

Nice and constructive =(

lunacy for the win
Martina may I ask you what grades you got at school ?

HO HO HO LAD GETTING PERSONAL

S: Sexual fascism - why does no one complain about it?

Anyway it’s getting a bit late so I can’t be bothered finding any more, but that’s at least 22 lol, definitely more than the 1-3 you gave.[quote=“Rinveron, post:57, topic:111853”]
you reading the same posts I am ?
[/quote]

As we have observed, you tend to use insults on people’s intelligence to make yourself feel superior, or try to make them look stupid by saying things like “you make me laugh”. [quote=“Rinveron, post:57, topic:111853”]
The word stupid is different to the word “retarded” which I would expect you to edit/delete my post if I used the word in a context upon which inverted commas was not used.
[/quote]

Or I can only delete/edit posts where it’s necessary?[quote=“Rinveron, post:57, topic:111853”]
Yes but unlike you underscore knows how annoying martina is
[/quote]

Sure you can find a user annoying but that doesn’t mean acting like you’re better than them or plainly insulting them is a good idea. If you can’t keep a level head at someone, why debate that someone?

I’m not going to say you were incorrect, but was that really worth it? Especially on this thread?

As far as I know ive not insulted any of else intelligence on this forum, and I can tell u I don’t do it to “feel superior” I do it when someone cant construct an argument and needs to provide more than just hes a “traitor” in replies.

Considering I’m one of the only people to actively talk to martina then yeah I’m more than happy to stop XD

You give off a very cocksure vibe whenever I read your replies, it doesn’t help with how you always laugh at people’s posts - as you already told me. Also, it’s irrelevant whether or not you treat one person poorly or multiple people poorly, it doesn’t make you look any better.

Eh she tends to get a few replies by a few users, you’re not particularly special in that regard. I would debate her but I can’t say I disagree with much of what she says (and muh exams starting on Monday thus I’m a busy-bee).