Parents?

I don’t know but I feel like my parents don’t really care or love me at all. And no, it’s not because I’m some spoiled kid wanting to do whatever he wants and not getting his way. It’s quite the opposite, I actually don’t even ask for much anymore because 99% of the time my parents neglect and say no. It’s quite depressing to be rejected like that by your parents so I stopped asking for stuff to avoid that feeling. But the real problem is that my parents just don’t seem to let me be? I don’t get it, I don’t hang out with anyone, don’t do drugs or anything along those lines, I just like staying at home and in my room because I really don’t like going out. I guess you can say I’m a loner and I don’t mind. But I can’t even do that without my parents disturbing my peace on purpose, they constantly go into my room and just try to put me down by saying how dumb I am or how un-useful I am to fulfill their selfish wishes. I feel embarrassed by whatever I do whether it’s just listing to the type of music I want or whatever because my parents don’t respect my hoobies/interest and insult everything instead. I’ve been going thru this for about over 2 years now, somedays I’m just used to it but other days, like right now just makes me flat out depressed. You guys got any advice?

Man the fuck up and move out.

I’m only 16… why so troll?

Well you didn’t say you were 16 did you?

I was under the impression you were older.

Seriously though, do what i do, throw a hissy fit.

I don’t know. Well if I was older I would defiantly not stand this bullshit. I thought everyone would have assumed that.

A hissy fit? lol they would beat the shit out of me.

Talk to your school counselor. Get someone involved that can speak with your parents.

They obviously don’t listen to you so get someone in there that they will listen to.

However, besides the loner comments it sounds like they are trying to figure you out as well. Maybe you should all work on some communication skills.

How do you act towards them? I know it may depress you but building a relationship between a teenager and parents is a two way street. If you want respect from them you gotta earn it and give them respect as well.

I know there’s more behind this than you typed in the short first post on here. Maybe you can elighten us a little more.

As a parent of a teenager I can give a different perspective. You may be dealing with some teen angst. As a parent when a child only wants to stay in their room it can feel like a rejection. The key to the relationship is communication. If you continue to feel bad after trying to be more involved then speaking with a school counselor might be a good idea.

Yep, what Fred said. Your 16, male, and your hormones are going crazy. You feel the world (including your parents) is against you, and no-one understands you.

I’ve been through it twice with my girls, and believe me, you WILL come out the other end.

Welcome to teen years.

I don’t remember going through this phase.

I think everyone has went through a similiar feeling about that age, but yeah you need to build your communication skills, also stand up for yourself. After my Grandpa died when I was a teen my Grandma turned into a completely different person who verbally abused me all the freaking time, or else yell at the top of her lungs at me for no reason other than her dealing with a bunch of stuff. I know how that feels being the loner, being in your room most of the time, being called lazy or very fat or ugly… or else a bitch by your own family, it happens and no one is perfect, don’t expect them to be right all the time as well, they are doing the best of their abilities and at this moment, I would try to gain more independance, also gather strength from within for surviving another year or two before moving out, heck if I had a chance to live with roomates, had a job with school, then I’d move out but then that’s another learning experience which will make you miss home, lol.

I’m going to be harsh, don’t take it as me being malicious.

But, seriously, grow up and get over. Everyone has those feelings at one point or another in their life. Everyone’s had that “Me against the world” feeling. We all, or most of us, got over it.

Honestly, if all you do is chill in your room, are they so wrong by saying that you’re not being useful?

[quote=“AnitaBeer, post: 1077547”]Talk to your school counselor. Get someone involved that can speak with your parents.

They obviously don’t listen to you so get someone in there that they will listen to.

However, besides the loner comments it sounds like they are trying to figure you out as well. Maybe you should all work on some communication skills.

How do you act towards them? I know it may depress you but building a relationship between a teenager and parents is a two way street. If you want respect from them you gotta earn it and give them respect as well.

I know there’s more behind this than you typed in the short first post on here. Maybe you can elighten us a little more.[/quote]

I’ve tried my best to establish a relationship but my parents just don’t really seem to show much interest. They’ll say they don’t have time or have better things to do, 10 mins later they’re watching TV doing nothing much of importance lol. And you’re right there’s more but If I started typing I won’t stop and will end up with a looong post. But thanks for you reply. I really appreciate it.

That makes alot of sense actually. But I highly doubt that’s my case, sometimes it’s actually my parents who tell me to go to my room and just be quiet lol. Thanks for your reply.

Wow that sounds terrible. Nice to know that someone can relate. But yeah, I get what you’re saying.