Passionate

Okay so I have a guy friend who is a hardcore Flames fan who is very passionate about the game, lately he’s being very angry just because his team lost a few horrid games this month, now he’s being a total jackass towards his team and to everyone. Like getting super angry at stuff and his mood is just very bitter, also a person who is hard to hang around with when the Flames lose.

So I’m just wondering, does anyone else know a person who is like this? Why are they so into their sport that it runs their whole entire lives. I mean come on I understand since I used to be there but there are more better things in life than to be very high when a team wins or a very big low when a team loses. That roller coaster ride is just insane on the ups and downs when you follow a team.

What makes a person less passionate since sometimes it scares the crap out of me :eek

I was more passionate and effected by sport when I was very young and didnt have much else going on

Life just takes over and other things become more important.

Sure I’m still passionate about my team, but it’s not my biggest passion. If we lose a big game, I wont be down for long at all. If at all!!

In 2006, I locked myself in a room crying for a whole entire week after the SCF final, my team lost the last game. After that my team ended up having the worst season ever, then next year they were more pathetic and I had a bunch of stress, it wasn’t worth it after that so then I took a “break” this year and I am doing just fine. :smiley: Does it make me less passionate about my sport since a bunch of people told me I was a fairweather fan afterall, which is kinda silly to say and makes me kinda angry at people who say that and not love the game as much anymore but when I have time, oh man I love a good hockey game without anyone around, just me alone. :smiley:

It’s just crazy to see the passionate fans though, you got to love them for their love for the team but sometimes it gets overboard when the team messes up. When I say overboard I mean they just say the nastiest things ever which is well… annoying, do I just wait until the summer when hockey season is over until I hang out with my friend again? lol.

I saw some very wild stuff as well, even when the team does win… like say rioting a city after a huge win.

everyone who follows a football team in england is like this

only the ones who aren’t getting any.

Steelers fans…the real hardcore ones that have no lives and would mortgage their homes or sell off their first born children for tickets are like this. It’s amazing how quiet the town is when they lose and how animated it is when they win.

Used to know some Arsenal prick who beat his missus up everytime the gooners lost. :mad:thumbdown

I’m like that. -_-

If the Steelers lose, I’ll be pissed off at the world until the next game. God forbid they lose two in a row…

I still don’t get why people get worked up so much over a game :confused:

I love my teams, but if they lose I don’t get all pissed. They are better athletes than me. I’m just happy to see them playing. :thumbup

I get mad, and will yell a bit, and then maybe break something. And then I’m ok again :smiley:

:24:

Breaking stuff is never a good idea. :smiley:

I once broke a cup after I knocked it over with my feet on the coffee table after Oilers scored, does that count? :ninja

Breaking stuff is never a good idea. :D[/quote]

I’ve gotten much better over the last year. Stuff that made me mad got a breakin’

It’s funny as heel now, but, yeah, I need to chill.

Yeah, I’d break something if the Oilers scored, sure :smiley:

Heyyyy!!! It’s already rare enough that we score, it’s monumental, I have to enjoy the experience :smiley:

I love making fun of my team now instead of cussing all the time, lmao!!! It’s how I deal with the patheticness :frowning:

[quote=“Anie, post: 1076580”]Heyyyy!!! It’s already rare enough that we score, it’s monumental, I have to enjoy the experience :smiley:

I love making fun of my team now instead of cussing all the time, lmao!!! It’s how I deal with the patheticness :([/quote]

I do that with AZ teams all the time. Like how UA got beat last night in BBall 104 to 60 something. :eek

Pffft who cares about that sport. :stuck_out_tongue: Kidding, I used to play but not for a long time.

Right now my friend has dealt with his loss of the Flames by saying they suck and supporting every other team now except the Flames, are sports fans this childish all the time? :24:

[quote=“Anie, post: 1076582”]Pffft who cares about that sport. :stuck_out_tongue: Kidding, I used to play but not for a long time.

Right now my friend has dealt with his loss of the Flames by saying they suck and supporting every other team now except the Flames, are sports fans this childish all the time? :24:[/quote]

I just heard the score, I rarely watch the game, unless it’s college.

Hockey or football for me. Sometimes baseball, but it’s much more fun to go to one of those games than to watch it on TV.

[quote=“canidae, post: 1076583”]I just heard the score, I rarely watch the game, unless it’s college.

Hockey or football for me. Sometimes baseball, but it’s much more fun to go to one of those games than to watch it on TV.[/quote]

Out here we don’t really have a good selection of teams to go see, we have Hockey, baseball, the CFL and Lacrosse. Nothing else appeals to me other than hockey, I’m a nut for a chick, just this year I rarely watched it and now I feel sad since I am missing out one year :frowning:

West Ham United face relegation
from the Premiership.
Tim has been a West Ham supporter
since before he was born.
He is not one the 3,500 travelling to
Old Trafford for this match.

As he considers himself
a threat to public safety…
He will watch the match at home.

And instead just be a threat and
nuisance to his neighbors…
And his wife…