Polished steel vs chrome

whats are the main differences (other than chrome is shinier?)

just wondering if one is esaier to keep clean than the other, or are they basically the same…
if i have polished steel tips, does it pay to chrome them or will they hold up fine

they dont get too dirty. chrome is heavier b/c it is another plating of metal. neither will rust. no real diff.

Crome Cobra Rs … Oh and my Crome Ponies did rust … But not cause of me the STUPIED guy who bought it from me 3 years later i saw them and they had rust on them ( it was so sad ) :dunno :dunno

WTF Jan, we are talking about exhaust tips, not wheels. and the rust was probably surface rust that can be cleaned off.

Ok Ok chris it doesnt say exhaust and i was staying on the auto thread :stuck_out_tongue: ( dont get your draws in a knot heheheheh ) and i bet it was surface but it looked bad …:frowning:

I prefer the look of stainless steel myself

Re: RE: polished steel vs chrome

i like the way they look too - what is the visible diffrerence between chrom and ss tho? ive never seen them side by side to compare

chrome is a deeper shine. polished aluminum is next, then stainless steel.

oh , ok. thanks for the info… i guess ill just stick with the tips it came with since they are nice enough and i payed monies for them. only thing id haveliked better is if they were rolled instead of cut on the edge, but thats not that big a deal…

WTF Jan, we are talking about exhaust tips, not wheels. and the rust was probably surface rust that can be cleaned off.

jan = :owned

What ever :dunno

they all look shiny to me :lol