Post-Climate Change and California's drought

Yeah, dis be a post dump, I gots me noggin goin real good today.

What is the world going to look like after climate change has messed us all up and done it’s rounds? A more specific question; a large amount of produce in the US comes from California, 99 percent of artichokes, 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 90 percent of Broccoli, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots in the US are from California.

California is currently experiencing a drought that’s been going on for awhile. Climate change will only increase the frequency of drought. Where are we going to get food?

From supermarkets duh

Supermarkets store less then a 3 day supply of food. Climate change will dramatically impact crop harvests and losses. Up to 50% of maize (corn), wheat, rice will be destroyed. Any regions that are water-stressed (which is expected to worsen) will be seriously impacted. For ever degree hotter, 10% - 20% losses in food production are expected. In other words, America will suffer huge food shortages (eventually leading to famine). Almost all the food production regions of the world are mid-latitude and will be seriously impacted. So the supermarkets will be stripped of food very, very quickly when this all unfolds. And then what? The USDA is trying to set guidelines for this problem but with very minimal success so far. The reality is nobody has any answers for food shortages.

Then you’re in the same situation as the UK.

We do not grow kiwis, plums, walnuts, broccoli or spinach.

But I have absolutely no problem getting it from the supermarket. (although unsurprisingly strawberries are an issue at certain stretches of the year)

You’re not from Kenya, ease up with your apocalyptic reaction.

drought is basically over now

Food prices will rise.
This will not significantly effect Amerikwans whom get more than enough “food” as it is.

It was raining for like a week here. We got like 5 years of water.

Hello everyone, I have actually written an article on our current water shortages. I hope this will further all of your interest and knowledge on this topic:https://medium.com/@ericysong007/the-state-of-our-water-supply-9c6cb0598b49

Move the agriculture East, to the Rust Belt and East Coast. Those areas were originally the breadbasket and have the most arable land in the US, though they lost much of this output when the automotive industries moved there. However, now that many of the industrial jobs previously located there have moved either south or abroad, expanding and revitalizing the agriculture industry there would both bring back jobs and increase our food surplus. Then we could begin winding down food production in California and the Great Plains, the latter of which would be great for free-range chickens. If all of that midwestern land was used for chickens, goats, and other livestock (chickens are great though, since they consume a relatively small amount of resources), the financial benefits of cramped animal pens would be drastically reduced, which, combined with certain taxes and regulations, would encourage more free-range farming. Not only is free-range farming more ethical, it also reduces the spread of disease decreasing the need for antibiotics