Propaganda images thread

propaganda
dank

Care to link to this?

Sigh… I worded it as such twice to make it obvious I didn’t want to go looking.

Hold on…

Ah, was different thread my apologies.

Basically no proof of it’s legitimacy and a lot of reasons to doubt it. Further, everybody and his mother uses this same quote to prove that Hitler was always evil and etc. It’s on-par with human lampshade idiocy/ cake in a gas chamber.

This is not a debunking, in order for you to “disprove” something you actually need to supply evidence instead of a mere assertion.

Because it’s quite awful and disproves those who try to assert Hitler was just a peaceful racist and the blame fell squarely on Himmler or Heydrich’s shoulders. [quote=“Champion, post:43, topic:111011”]
It’s on-par with human lampshade idiocy
[/quote]
No, it’s not. You aren’t nearly as historically literate as you think you are, so I recommend studying before trying to pass yourself off as some sort of expert.

Ever hear of “too good to be true”? It’s not that difficult to Google your own sources to see if they are valid… I mean holy hell let’s take a look;

0 major holocaust websites mention it. No major respectable news organizations either. Hmm, upon closer look there appears to be very little information on Josef Hell other than “He was a retired major/ interviewer in the 20s”.

Hmm, it appears I cannot find the original document detailing these allegations on any of the small holocaust websites/ debate forums. Let’s see if the holocaust deniers can provide it. Yup: http://www.ifz-muenchen.de/archiv/zs/zs-0640.pdf

Oh, that’s curious. It was published 23 years after the interview was supposed to have taken place. I wonder why he didn’t bother for the 11 years before Hitler came to power? He did work for a newspaper, apparently. Oh dang, apparently he worked with the anti-nazi newspaper Der Gerade Weg whose editor was murdered on the night of the long knives.

Huh, that’s interesting. It appears the quote was taken out of context too.
http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hitler-adolf/hitler-1922.html
Apparently it was all just a strawman to stir up the Germans to support Hitler’s aims, if this dubious interview is to be believed in full. Such exact and incriminating wording too, remarkable that a man who hates Nazis could have held onto the notes for 23 years without finding a need to publish them earlier. Even there I am giving benefit of the doubt because even the websites that are pushing this quotation say it was merely his “recollections” which infers it is entirely based on memory.

Jeez, no wonder such a testimony is considered inaccurate and virtually ignored by every reputable historical group.

Please, do your own research before passing yourself off as some kind of expert.

I am a history major for a reason. I have traveled the world and as I speak I am in an airport to go to Italy. This kind of stuff is what I do for fun. I have been to more museums around the world then I can remember.

I can continue stroking myself off but I really do not care what you say. If you actually want a history debate regarding WW2 I can and will crush you. Just say the word and spare me your tiresome ad hominem.

burn unit

It’s mentioned by respected Holocaust historian Gerald Flemming in his book Hitler and the Final Solution, which is where I got it from. [quote=“Champion, post:45, topic:111011”]
Jeez, no wonder such a testimony is considered inaccurate and virtually ignored by every reputable historical group.
[/quote]

Maybe actually say something like this earlier rather than expecting somebody to take the word of a Neo Nazi that it “has no evidence?”

Though even in Mein Kampf Hitler makes genocidal allusions to what he thought ought to be done to the Jews (saying that had they all been gassed then the defeat in World War I would never have happened). It’s not unrealistic to expect him to have made similar genocidal statements.

Then maybe don’t do ridiculous things like assert that the Axis could’ve won in 1943.

We have had debates about WW2. You were completely ignorant about the state of Italy or the Japanese army in 1943, which makes it hard to take your pretentious claims seriously.

I have to ask. Did he afterwards say something along the lines of “there is no proof this actually happened.”

No, he simply provided a citation to the article which was in German (a language I don’t know).

this is why youre unqualified to even think about thinking about WW2 jesus christ

Sarcasm or not?

Guesswork is not a substitute for historical accuracy.[quote=“Flavia, post:47, topic:111011”]
Then maybe don’t do ridiculous things like assert that the Axis could’ve won in 1943.
[/quote]

They could have. Was it in their favor? No. But neither Germany nor Japan had been crushed in early-mid 1943. [quote=“Flavia, post:47, topic:111011”]
You were completely ignorant about the state of Italy
[/quote]

Italian social republic became a thing in late 43, and that front remained a stalemate until 1945.

Lol we were hardly even fighting the Japanese Army in 43; all of that was done by the Chinese. Even in 1945 the Japanese Army was still in control of large swaths of territory; it was the final collapse of the Navy in 44 which ultimately doomed the rising sun.

The Battle of Stalingrad and Tunisian Campaign both marked severe defeats for the Axis which would be impossible to come back from,.

Rereading the thread, you even claimed that they could’ve won in 1944.

Which is… frankly insane. I can’t take it seriously. [quote=“Champion, post:52, topic:111011”]
Italian social republic became a thing in late 43, and that front remained a stalemate until 1945.
[/quote]

The Italian Social Republic maintained only 4 divisions and those were all used as garrisons against partisans, and even then they only really (barely) controlled the Po Valley with partisans gunning down German soldiers and ruling much of the north with tons of disillusioned Fascists joining them.

To make matters worse, southern Italy had joined the Allies of it’s own volition, and most of the Fascist leadership were either dead, exiled, or imprisoned by Mussolini.

The stalemate didn’t matter, it was a sinkhole for German troops which tied them down and kept them from being able to reinforce troops on other fronts where they were needed.[quote=“Champion, post:52, topic:111011”]
Lol we were hardly even fighting the Japanese Army in 43; all of that was done by the Chinese. Even in 1945 the Japanese Army was still in control of large swaths of territory; it was the final collapse of the Navy in 44 which ultimately doomed the rising sun.
[/quote]

The Japanese army had little to no defensive capability and it was completely eclipsed in equipment and air power, as well as lacking numerous resources that the US had. Holding huge swathes of territory means absolutely nothing when you don’t have aerial supremacy and your capital is being firebombed. Even before the end of the war, some starving troops in Guadalcanal had been reduced to cannibalism, with a crying soldier telling another “One morning I woke up to discover that my comrade had cut the flesh off his thigh before he died. It was as if he were telling me to eat it.”

Apparently all these things meant nothing because the map looked big like on a video game.

You are confusing the Navy with the army thereby ignoring my point. Aerial supremacy over China was in the hands of the Japanese, while the loss of air supremacy in the Pacific was only partially established following Midway and completed after Phillipine Sea/ the futile Leyte Gulf fleet engagements: both occured in 1944.

I sense you are ignorant as to how Japan planned to best the US. There was never any mainland invasion idealized nor was the Japanese Army a large consideration. After the establishment of a “defensive perimeter” with the other major goal of securing important oil supplies in the East Indies, (first point initially successful until loss of Guadalcanal, but the aim was still intact until US long range bombers established runways close to mainland Japan in 1944.) , Japan intended to constantly pick at and demoralize the US fleet and prevent decisive engagements (Midway wasn’t supposed to be such a large engagement as it was). Finally, the U.S fleet would be lured into a decisive, classical Mahanian-style decisive fleet engagements which, should Japan emerge victorious, would allow them to sue for peace.

Long story short, the situation for Japan in early 44 was difficult but not impossible. Had they won the battle of Phillipine Sea, they would have also won Leyte Gulf (They were on the verge of victory as is but had insufficient numbers and were slaughted). The US would still be pumping out fleet and light carriers, but such a turn of events would have put us firmly on the defensive.

Further, your comment on Guadalcanal is suspect of your knowledge of the Pacific. Read more about the campaign. I had a whole class on the US Navy of which half of it focused on ww2.

excuse me isn’t this a thread for images

(Leaflets dropped over Nagasaki days before it was bombed, basically saying “This happened to Hiroshima, and if you don’t get out now, it’ll happen to you too.”)

(No Oranges From South Africa)

(There is no God!)

(who the fuck even knows)

(Between the hammer- and the anvil!)

(This one has it’s own wikipedia article)

time it would take you to read all that you’d probs be nuked anyway

im sure theres a nuclear shadow somewhere of a guy looking at a leaflet scratching his head

Modern stuff

Displayed at my school’s history club. ^^
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Centaur_(ARTV09088).png