Quote of the Day

Evil prevails when good men choose to do nothing.

-Edmund Burke

Really like this one.

“‘Wonder of time,’ quoth she, 'this is my spite,
That, thou being dead, the day should yet be light.”

• Shakespeare’s Venus and Adonis

“And it will be easier, remember, to bend thy will to love one who adores thee, than to lead one to love thee who abhors thee now.”

• Don Quixote

“With the ant heap the respectable race of ants began and with the ant heap they will probably end, which does the greatest credit to their perseverance and good sense. But man is a frivolous and incongruous creature, and perhaps, like a chess player, loves the process of the game, not the end of it. And who knows (there is no saying with certainty), perhaps the only goal on earth to which mankind is striving lies in this incessant process of attaining, in other words, in life itself, and not in the thing to be attained, which must always be expressed as a formula, as positive as twice two makes four, and such positiveness is not life, gentlemen, but is the beginning of death.”

• Notes from the Underground

“I consider no man honest who does not observe towards other nations the principles which he desires to be observed towards his own”

-Lajos Kossuth

But I have promises to keep.
And many miles to go before I sleep,
And many miles to go before I sleep.

• Robert Frost

“You have come from the worms yet there is much in you which is a worm. Man has evolved from the apes yet he is more ape than any of the apes. What is the ape to man? A laughingstock and a painful embarrassment. That is what man will be to the overman. A laughingstock and a painful embarrassment.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“I speak an open and disinterested language, dictated by no passion but that of humanity. To me, who have not only refused offers, because I thought them improper, but have declined rewards I might with reputation have accepted, it is no wonder that meanness and imposition appear disgustful. Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.”

• Paine’s Rights of Man

“And there among them a young boy plucked his lyre,
so clear that it could break the heart with longing,
and what he sang was a dirge for the dying year,
lovely . . . his fine voice rising and falling low
as the rest followed, all together, frisking, singing,
shouting, their dancing footsteps beating out the time.”

• Iliad

“One may long for the past
Though at the time indeed it seemed
Nothing but wretchedness and evil.”

• Sophocles’ Oedipus at Colonus

But you don’t understand the tears that I shed, sometimes I just cry only wishing I was dead. And I’m sorry, I’m truly sorry for the way I feel
I’m so lost in my dreams don’t know what is real. This poetry is all I have when I feel deprived, I grab my pad and my pen, and I feel revived
I can’t decide what the fuck am I here for, I’m doing what I love but my heart’s still sore. I still battle with depression on a daily. I see my own reflection, and I swear I fuckin’ hate me, I said I swear I fuckin’ hate me
Got a big heart, but my heart’s slowly breaking. Chasing all my dreams, but I don’t know where it’s gon’ take me…

…If you hear me Lord, talk to me, all the sins from my past have been haunting me, I’m so scared of the future so I stay stuck broken into pieces, yo, my spirits all taped up

“Soul Searching” - Jaytekz

“Would you like a hug” ~ Mog, drunk, 2017

“life is meaningless so have lots of sex or something” ~ Albert Camus, probably

“It’s all still with me.”

“She is in the past. The past is not my concern. The future is no longer my concern either.”

Thomas Shelby, Peaky Blinders

But I have promises to keep.
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep.

¡Viva la Muerte!