Random Meals

Do you ever just raid your pantry and throw together stuff and hope it turns out good?

I’m running low on groceries, so I had to improvise. I threw rice, corn, chicken, and crispy onions in a bowl and covered with BBQ sauce. It was pretty good, but I need the BBQ to be spicier for it to be just right. Maybe some cheddar too…

What are some things you’ve concocted?

A turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce, stuffing, some of the leftover Ceasar salad, lmao!!!

With ceasar salad? Hmm… that actually sounds pretty good.

yeah, inside the sandwich since I thought the mess needed some lettuce to make it look more like a sandwich and not a sloppy joe…

I mix stuff in the fridge all the time, I sometimes cook my eggs with leftover potatoes, or else ham, maybe onions and carrots… :confused:

Or even mixing yogurt with a fruit salad… mmmm

I make burrito bowls all the time- corn, black beans, salsa, rice, chicken, chili powder, cheese. Or sometimes I’ll spread a tortilla with refried beans and put all that stuff on top of it and throw it in the oven to get all crispy. Yummy!

I usually make crazy salads with some random leftovers… speaking of which… I’m starving!

Oh, now my cravings are heading over the roof, that sounds damn good right about now! :eek

I take some left overs and grilled veggies…like tonight we have left over roast beef…going to chop some veggies and grill them

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1090267”]Do you ever just raid your pantry and throw together stuff and hope it turns out good?

I’m running low on groceries, so I had to improvise. I threw rice, corn, chicken, and crispy onions in a bowl and covered with BBQ sauce. It was pretty good, but I need the BBQ to be spicier for it to be just right. Maybe some cheddar too…

What are some things you’ve concocted?[/quote]

Peunut butter chocolate pickle sandwich. My friend and I made it when we were really hungry, then we dared each other to eat it, and bit into it at the same time. Very delicious actually lol :smiley:

I’ve done this to get rid of groceries so I can make room for new and fresh groceries.
And it’s really awesome since I have kids because I can make them taste and see if it’s any good…HAHAHA j/k I wouldn’t give them anything I wouldn’t eat.

But this week I took hotdogs and put them into a tortilla with shredded cheese and heated them up in the microwave so the cheese would melt.

A while ago I had wanted a breakfast burrito but was so hung over I didn’t want to go anywhere lol. So I took eggs, potatoes Obrien, bacon and shredded cheese and and put them on a tortilla.

I’ll have to think I know I’ve experimented more than that.

Tonight was YUMMY!

I had some tomato basil noodles and no plans to use them, so I borrowed some of them for tonight. I sauteed a clove of garlic, added a can of tuna, some crushed red pepper, ground cumin, salt, pepper, dried minced onions and italian dressing. Cooked it some on the stove top and the threw it in the oven to get crispy. Threw it over top of my noodles, added some crispy onions and it was divine! Spicy, just like I wanted. I’m so tempted to go make it all over again.