Removal of side stripe

i have the rocker panel stripes on my 99 stang… check sig for pic. how should i remove the side stripes? hair dryer, windex and peel?

the car is about 5 years old or so so will the paint be all faded underneath?

i dont want it to look shitty once i take them off, but i hate the side stripes.

opinions please…

probly wont be faded underneath cause the paint has been blocked from the sun. if anything it will look newer. goo gone works good.

wait for a hot sunny day, park it in the sun and get a hairdryer, warm it up and peel it off.

When I de-pinstriped the Si I just peeled it off with my fingernails…

After it’s all off take light quantities of goo gone and wipe it down until all the glue is gone.

OR… find a glue dissolver that is safe on clear coat. (best choice)

Re: RE: removal of side stripe

[quote=2000Si]wait for a hot sunny day, park it in the sun and get a hairdryer, warm it up and peel it off.

When I de-pinstriped the Si I just peeled it off with my fingernails…

After it’s all off take light quantities of goo gone and wipe it down until all the glue is gone.

OR… find a glue dissolver that is safe on clear coat. (best choice)[/quote]

is this also a good way to remove dealer stickers?

I just got under the dealer sticker with my fingernails like I did my pinstripes. It’s just a normal sticker.

best bet is to ask slo6banger. i think she said she removed her side stripes but im not sure.

I think all she did was had stripes like Joes put on along the top of the car.

Just peel them off and tape up your whole car except for where you pulled off the decals, and leave the new tape on for 5 years untill all the paint matches. :think I know that’s what I would do…if it was my car…really…I would…really…OK, stop looking at me like that…no really, stop it.

Hair dryer, old credit card sharpened by scaping it on the sidewalk, goo gone. Done. Next caller, your on the air.

i think she actually removed her side stripes. shell have to verify this tho.

Goo Gone is actually the best thing i took pin strips off one of the Gts it takes a while and be prepared to bust a few knuckles and have plenty of rags heheheheh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: And Ive always debagged every thing ive had including taking the chevy banner of the tail gates … so believe me when i say it works :lol :lol

decals and badges are easy to get off. The warmer they are the better so parking it in the sun or the hairdruer is a good plan.

I went to Home Depot and got a 1 and a half inch soft plastic putty knife. Then use some googone and you’re set.

try a grinder :booze

quit drinking :smiley:

done. finished, complete. achieved. conquered…

looks so badass. pic up later. tomorow perhaps? but def. by friday

Yep. I took my rocker stripes off a couple months ago so I could put my racing stripes on instead. It’s really simple, all you need is a hairdryer and they peel right off. I also took the dealer letters off the back too and it makes a world of difference.

My car is a 2000 and I’m assuming the stripes were stock, they were there when I bought the car in 03. I had slight ghost lines, but after a nice wax and buff it’s like they were never even there.

i hated them. we will see if there are ghost lines tomorow.i hope there isnt, but im going to be doing the meguires 3 step soon anyways.

nice job man.

There probably will be to some degree, but I promise, it’s a jiff to get it all back on track.

It’s funny, because now every time I see a mustang with the decals, I just wanna scream and rip em off. I liked the decals when I first got my car, but then I realized how EVERY mustang in the whole world had them and I was getting sick of seeing them. Same with the stocker grille. I find faults here and there, but it just gives me more reason to MOD!

i know what ya mean. im done for now with visual mods. i think ill do wheels/tires, but thats it. and maybe white face guages… but thats it. i really cant wait for gears.

I’m the same. I really want wheels and tires, but I simply can’t afford anything because I’m in college and trying to move out of the house.

But, little things like decals can make you feel like you’ve got a new ride. I feel great having my stripes finally.