Scoop on my Son

[B]Well lets see i had took him back to his doctor and his blood pressure is still up they had said that once they have his blood pressure they want to take the upper pole of his kidney out,but they also said that they are not saying that he will always have his left kidney but they want to try this instead of taking the whole thing out. I had told the doctor that i want to get to the point where he will be able to stay off meds but she had said that wont happen that he has to stay on the one pill for the rest of his life. Which kinda sucks hes getting sick of taking pills and i was trying to help him to get off of them but i guess it wont happen.

My Son had told me the other day that he wants to be like other kids and i told him that he is and he turn around and said then why cant i play sports trying to explain that to him is hard. Yes he is not aloud to play sports untill his blood pressure is under control which sucks cause now he thinks hes different from other kids. He is a 7yr old with alot of problems but i have faith that everything will get better. I cry all the time cause i think to my self why does this have to happen to him why camt he be healthy in stead of being sick. All i want is for him to do things that he wants to do in life with out the doctors telling him no he cannot do those activities at this point.

Its so hard to see him like this and it tears me apart.:frowning:
[/B]

[quote=“snuggles26, post: 1100508”]Well lets see i had took him back to his doctor and his blood pressure is still up they had said that once they have his blood pressure they want to take the upper pole of his kidney out,but they also said that they are not saying that he will always have his left kidney but they want to try this instead of taking the whole thing out. I had told the doctor that i want to get to the point where he will be able to stay off meds but she had said that wont happen that he has to stay on the one pill for the rest of his life. Which kinda sucks hes getting sick of taking pills and i was trying to help him to get off of them but i guess it wont happen.

My Son had told me the other day that he wants to be like other kids and i told him that he is and he turn around and said then why cant i play sports trying to explain that to him is hard. Yes he is not aloud to play sports untill his blood pressure is under control which sucks cause now he thinks hes different from other kids. He is a 7yr old with alot of problems but i have faith that everything will get better. I cry all the time cause i think to my self why does this have to happen to him why camt he be healthy in stead of being sick. All i want is for him to do things that he wants to do in life with out the doctors telling him no he cannot do those activities at this point.

Its so hard to see him like this and it tears me apart.:frowning:
[/quote]

Does he have the energy to get involved with non-contact sports? For example bowling or swimming or archery or tennis.

He cant do anything that involves in Running jumping or anything that will get him too excited Iam planing on taking him to chucky cheeses though on saturday

Aw snuggs…that’s a real tough one. Fred has a good point…there are some sports that will allow him to participate but are less physical…that’ll help him stay in the game.

They have bowling leagues in a lot of areas. It is good competition and they use a liberal handicapping system. I do not remember the cut-off ages for bumpers but they start them out early with a lot of good coaching. There is the opportunity to win money towards college scholarships. My son did not find out about the scholarships until he was a senior in high school but he got a $250 scholarship from the local bowling lanes.

I think he will like that too

Sorry to hear about your son. It can be hard on the parents. I hope you find something soon that he can do that will make him feel better about himself.