Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

They may, however testing for voting will never be used again; as it can be classified as racist or prejudiced against a minority.

No.

As much as I hate to say it, but anyone under 18 is almost 100% unreliable. (this is just my opinion)
Why?

The internet has influenced people so much, that we, us, teens don’t really know what the truth is. Most of us follow a crowd and hope that we end up in the right place.

So therefor no, 16 & 17 year old’s should not be able to vote because of the influence from social media which is has a large target audience for teens.

historically was used as such, literacy tests often included complicated questions that only professionals could answer, or quoting entire portions of the constitution verbatim, not an actual literacy test to show basic reading comprehension (which tbh is already performed by the fact the elector has to read the electoral instructions to vote in the first place) , coincidentally these tests would be far easier or absent in other areas (in other words it was outright suppression, they called it a literacy test to give themselves plausible deniability)

It seems to me that old people are influenced in this way also… even to a greater extent. Its so common that the elderly are heavily influenced by fake news that it has practically become a meme. Should we ban them from voting too?

Maybe the answer isnt banning people from voting but actually teaching kids in school about the political history and about how news can be distorted or faked?

I’m sorry, but I don’t think anyone under the age of 18 should be voting. Preferably 21. Reason being, many teens do a 180 when it comes to their political views because as they mature, they realize how unsustainable their old political views were. So no need to let people with a bad idea push it by being allowed to vote.