Should women have the vote?

Just checking to see if I’m the only one. Don’t worry, voting results are not public

Should women have the vote?

Yes…

I see literally no reason why they shouldn’t (assuming we’re within a democracy, in other systems, well)

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194131, member: 3”]Just checking to see if I’m the only one. Don’t worry, voting results are not public

Should women have the vote?[/QUOTE]

Please explain your point of view, I’m intrigued…

I see no reason why men should have it but not women.

As long as they

• Pay taxes
  • Have a high school certificate (GCSE, Abitur, etc.)
  • Are not imprisoned
  • Do not claim benefits

Same applies to men, along with boys and girls. As soon as a student starts [I]paying[/I] the state, not [I]claiming[/I] from the state, they should be allowed to vote.

Yes, I know that this would mean a voting population of around 25% the overall population. But it would work far better, believe me.

[QUOTE=“Medvekoma, post: 194144, member: 1394”]As long as they

• Pay taxes
  • Have a high school certificate (GCSE, Abitur, etc.)
  • Are not imprisoned
  • Do not claim benefits

Same applies to men, along with boys and girls. As soon as a student starts [I]paying[/I] the state, not [I]claiming[/I] from the state, they should be allowed to vote.

Yes, I know that this would mean a voting population of around 25% the overall population. But it would work far better, believe me.[/QUOTE]

You expect me to believe[I] a human?[/I]

One on hand, they make up more than half of the population.
On the other hand, some women say and think some really stupid things.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 194147, member: 3050”]One on hand, they make up more than half of the population.
On the other hand, some women say and think some really stupid things.[/QUOTE]

So do men.
Proof?
@Hedonologist

[QUOTE=“Medvekoma, post: 194144, member: 1394”]- Do not claim benefits[/QUOTE]

Woah, why?

[QUOTE=“hjsmith96, post: 194141, member: 3904”]Please explain your point of view, I’m intrigued…[/QUOTE]

Democracy is imperfect anyway, giving the uninformed masses control, however I recognise that democracy has many benefits over non-democratic systems, therefore an electorate composed of adult males would be best. We mostly agree children should be excluded, so why not women?

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194153, member: 3”]Democracy is imperfect anyway, giving the uninformed masses control, however I recognise that democracy has many benefits over non-democratic systems, therefore an electorate composed of adult males would be best. We mostly agree children should be excluded, so why not women?[/QUOTE]

Because children haven’t reached mental maturity whereas women have?

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194153, member: 3”]Democracy is imperfect anyway, giving the uninformed masses control, however I recognise that democracy has many benefits over non-democratic systems, therefore an electorate composed of adult males would be best. We mostly agree children should be excluded, so why not women?[/QUOTE]

Because children haven’t reached mental maturity whereas adult women have?

Seemed to work well before universal suffrage.

Because women are adults and not children.

Why do you think children should be unable to vote, why do you think women should not be allowed to vote, and why do you think men should be allowed to vote?

Why shouldn’t they?

[QUOTE=“Cameron, post: 194165, member: 3397”]Because women are adults and not children.

Why do you think children should be unable to vote, why do you think women should not be allowed to vote, and why do you think men should be allowed to vote?[/QUOTE]

I believe that children, like women, do not have the mental capacity for rational thinking or maturity that men have.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194172, member: 3”]I believe that children, like women, do not have the mental capacity for rational thinking or maturity that men have.[/QUOTE]
And what makes you think that?

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194172, member: 3”]I believe that children, like women, do not have the mental capacity for rational thinking or maturity that men have.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps site some evidence for that?

To everyone in this thread, what benefit has universal suffrage really brought? Given how turnout is, on average the majority of the female elctorate do not even use their vote. In many cases, a woman will only vote because her husband is voting in that way, and in thousands of cases women are outright forced to vote how their husband wishes.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194187, member: 3”]To everyone in this thread, what benefit has universal suffrage really brought? Given how turnout is, on average the majority of the female elctorate do not even use their vote. In many cases, a woman will only vote because her husband is voting in that way, and in thousands of cases women are outright forced to vote how their husband wishes.[/QUOTE]

Again? Evidence? As I have said in another thread, you seem to be talented at not giving any evidence for your assertions.

In many cases, a woman will only vote because her husband is voting in that way, and in thousands of cases women are outright forced to vote how their husband wishes.

I’m sorry but that is utterly BS. You have literally just made that up.

1. You have not shown us any evidence of ‘thousands of cases.’
  2. You could find ‘thousands of cases’ of women who are far superior to the average man in intelligence.
  3. In no case, are ‘thousands of cases’ representative of the entire population. Nor do case studies permit a causal inference.