Should women have the vote?

Me reading this thread…

Me watching this thread…

[ATTACH=full]1932[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Cameron, post: 198136, member: 3397”]Why they think women should be able to vote but why the think prisoners should not.

That point was frankly, stupid, it is obvious that the mental capacity of prisoners is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

Well if you think one, it’s contradictory to not think the other.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 198150, member: 3050”]Well if you think one, it’s contradictory to not think the other.[/QUOTE]
No, because there are other factors.

[QUOTE=“Cameron, post: 198156, member: 3397”]No, because there are other factors.[/QUOTE]

Like what?

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 198159, member: 3050”]Like what?[/QUOTE]
Like you know, the fact that prisoners have actually done something to deserve losing their right to vote.

[QUOTE=“Cameron, post: 198160, member: 3397”]Like you know, the fact that prisoners have actually done something to deserve losing their right to vote.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Why should breaking the law negate someone’s right to vote?

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 198161, member: 3050”]Not really. Why should breaking the law negate someone’s right to vote?[/QUOTE]
Whether prisoners should have the right to vote is not something I am going to debate, but it is still irrelevant to whether women should be able to vote.

Why the hell not? The women I know are a lot more intelligent than some of the men I know. It makes no sense to not give them the vote.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194172, member: 3”]I believe that children, like women, do not have the mental capacity for rational thinking or maturity that men have.[/QUOTE]
I know more women with a larger mental capacity than men. Gender doesn’t affect it.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 198000, member: 3050”]So then why don’t we let lil’ kiddies vote?[/QUOTE]

Even I think that’s stupid, and you know you’re just making ridiculous arguments now.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 198086, member: 3”]I agree with you, the same applies to women.[/QUOTE]

How does that apply to women?

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 198089, member: 3”]How is it a ‘disgraceful train of thought’, you’re just sensationalising for show now.[/QUOTE]

And you’re not?

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 198095, member: 3”]It an obvious statement of fact.[/QUOTE]

If women have a lower mental capacity, why are women ahead of men in almost every area of education?

[QUOTE=“frankie, post: 199041, member: 3177”]If women have a lower mental capacity, why are women ahead of men in almost every area of education?[/QUOTE]

Education is just remembering facts.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 199090, member: 3”]Education is just remembering facts.[/QUOTE]

Then how do women have a supposedly lower mental capacity?

[QUOTE=“frankie, post: 199091, member: 3177”]Then how do women have a supposedly lower mental capacity?[/QUOTE]

Education is irrelevant to mental capacity.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 199092, member: 3”]Education is irrelevant to mental capacity.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t ask that.

[QUOTE=“dmhindependent, post: 198070, member: 3179”]Compulsory voting is good, forces people to educate themselves on basic politics[/QUOTE]

No it doesn’t. It just forces them to vote. They don’t necessarily have to know anything about politics.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 199090, member: 3”]Education is just remembering facts.[/QUOTE]

No it’s not. To be truly educated is to critically analyse one’s own thoughts and motives, constantly. Men and women have the ability to do this just as well as each other. Of course, in terms of the schooling in my country (and apparently in other countries also) females appear to be more adept than males.

[QUOTE=“frankie, post: 199093, member: 3177”]I didn’t ask that.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps mental capacity isn’t the best phrase. But it’s clear that female brains do not function in the same way as male brains.