Should women have the vote?

[QUOTE=“frankie, post: 199485, member: 3177”]
Children under 16 mostly don’t understand how the political system works and haven’t formed opinions yet which would influence who they vote for.[/QUOTE]

So if someone is ignorant to the political process, they shouldn’t be allowed to vote?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 200902, member: 3521”]why are you acting so stupid? i don’t understand. either you are really bad and really persistent in playing devils advocate, or you really are too stupid to understand the difference between an adult woman and a fucking kid.[/QUOTE]

Why aren’t kids allowed to vote?
If you say that they don’t think as logically or reasonably as adults, then women shouldn’t be allowed to vote because they can’t think as logically or reasonably as men.
If you say it’s because their brains are not yet developed, then raise the voting age to 28 when the brain is pretty much done developing.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 200909, member: 3521”]members of our society? [/QUOTE]

Are children not members of our society?

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 200916, member: 3521”]I would argue not. They don’t pay taxes, they aren’t members of the workforce, they cannot legally serve in the military, they cannot drive vehicles.[/QUOTE]

That would mean the severely handicapped aren’t members of society.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 200921, member: 3521”]They aren’t, if they aren’t over the age of 18. Handicapped people still pay taxes and/or receive pensions and care from the state.[/QUOTE]

So age is essentially what determines if you are a member of society?

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 200929, member: 3521”]Age largely dictates if you pay taxes, are able to serve the military, drive a vehicle, and is the decider of if you are allowed to live independently of your parents/guardians. So, yes.[/QUOTE]

So because of their age, they are not allowed to have a say in how their government is run. Sounds ageist to me.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 200938, member: 3521”]Want to pull any other cards? Did I trigger you? Want to go post on r/twoxchromosomes and complain that I’m advocating the patriarchy?

So what if it’s ageist? I don’t care, and even if I did, this thread isn’t about children’s right to vote.[/QUOTE]

Alright, so why should women be allowed to vote then?

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 200947, member: 3521”]It seems like you haven’t remotely been paying attention to this discussion this entire time.

Goodbye, I wish you luck with whatever reading problems you seem to have.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well I guess it was my fault to expect an intelligent response from you.

YES.

YES.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 200936, member: 3050”]So because of their age, they are not allowed to have a say in how their government is run. Sounds ageist to me.[/QUOTE]

The only reason children should not be allowed to vote, in my view, is because the have not yet reached the age of reason. Now of course, the vast majority of children under sixteen can reason, but they are more susceptible to doing very stupid things. A line has to be drawn somewhere, and to say that a child is of the age of reason and consent once they reach sixteen, is rather reasonable.

[QUOTE=“Medvekoma, post: 194144, member: 1394”]- Have a high school certificate (GCSE, Abitur, etc.)
[/QUOTE]
gaaahhhh

[QUOTE=“Pseudo-Intellectual, post: 201397, member: 2280”] Now of course, the vast majority of children under sixteen can reason, but they are more susceptible to doing very stupid things…[/QUOTE]

Now of course, the vast majority of women can reason, but they are more susceptible to doing very stupid things.