Should women have the vote?

[QUOTE=“ScruffyKiwi, post: 201473, member: 3312”]gaaahhhh[/QUOTE]

What’s wrong with that?

[QUOTE=“Medvekoma, post: 201486, member: 1394”]What’s wrong with that?[/QUOTE]
I don’t believe that you can measure intelligence by qualifications like GCSEs.

[QUOTE=“ScruffyKiwi, post: 201538, member: 3312”]I don’t believe that you can measure intelligence by qualifications like GCSEs.[/QUOTE]

No, those don’t measure intelligence. Those measure an extremely basic level of knowledge. If you vote, at least know the full name of your country, along with it’s basic political history. And know how to deduct, induct and argue.

[QUOTE=“Medvekoma, post: 201541, member: 1394”]No, those don’t measure intelligence. Those measure an extremely basic level of knowledge.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that makes me really positive to be taking my GCSEs this year :smiley:

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 201480, member: 3050”]Now of course, the vast majority of women can reason, but they are more susceptible to doing very stupid things.[/QUOTE]

No they’re not.

[QUOTE=“Pseudo-Intellectual, post: 201907, member: 2280”]No they’re not.[/QUOTE]

Proof?

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 202016, member: 3050”]Proof?[/QUOTE]

My own experience would have me believe that men, not women, are more prone to doing to incredibly stupid things. Does that mean men shouldn’t be given the right to vote? Of course not. As I said before, a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Also, where’s your proof?

[QUOTE=“Pseudo-Intellectual, post: 202050, member: 2280”]Also, where’s your proof?[/QUOTE]

My own experience also.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 203870, member: 3521”][ though men are more likely to have a lower IQ](‘http://On average, men’s and women’s IQs are equal. However, some studies suggest that men’s IQs cover a wider spectrum than women’s. In other words, it appears that men are more likely than women to have either high IQs or low IQs.’).[/QUOTE]
They’re also more likely to have a higher one.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 203870, member: 3521”]Women are better at controlling emotions

they have more gray matter in their brains,

women use both sides of their brains to process information more so than men do,

[men and women generally have equal IQ’s, though men are more likely to have a lower IQ](‘http://On average, men’s and women’s IQs are equal. However, some studies suggest that men’s IQs cover a wider spectrum than women’s. In other words, it appears that men are more likely than women to have either high IQs or low IQs.’).

seems to me that, if anything, men shouldn’t be allowed to vote.[/QUOTE]

[LIST=1]
[]It’s not so much controlling emotions as it is showing emotions. Men and women are equally emotional, but women are much better at showing and expressing there emotions.
[
]Actually, men have more grey matter, whereas women have more white matter. [URL]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/01/050121100142.htm[/URL]
[]Women have more interconnection making them better at visualizing the “big picture”. However, men are much better at problem solving and pattern prediction [URL]http://www.fitbrains.com/blog/women-men-brains/[/URL]
[
]That last link didn’t work for me, so your credibility on this statement is questionable. But it should be noted that IQ tests don’t do a very satisfactory job in determining intelligence. [URL]http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/iq-tests-are-fundamentally-flawed-and-using-them-alone-to-measure-intelligence-is-a-fallacy-study-finds-8425911.html[/URL]
[/LIST]

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 203999, member: 3521”]2.‘there are essentially no disparities in general intelligence between the sexes’ thanks dude its like you’re doing my work for me
3. when it comes to voting the big picture is much more important
4. all this says is that IQ tests don’t measure every single factor in cognitive ability. that doesn’t mean IQ tests are any less valid. Here’s another article on the same study because I can’t find the original link that I used[/QUOTE]

And this is all evidence that women should be allowed to vote?

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 204117, member: 3521”]the burden of proof is for you to determine why they shouldn’t.[/QUOTE]

I’ve shown why they shouldn’t, and I’ve shown that it’s not necessary for them to.
So therefor, why should they be allowed to vote?

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 204122, member: 3521”]No, you really haven’t.[/QUOTE]

I have. It’s not necessary for women to vote to have an effective democracy.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 204129, member: 3521”]Lots of things aren’t necessary.[/QUOTE]

Your point being. Democracies always seemed more effective prior to women’s suffrage.