Should women have the vote?

If we’re having a battle over the intelligence and reasoning skills of men vs women, I’d like to point out that if that was how we determined who’s allowed to vote, then [I]no[/I] human would be voting.

Yes, I’m saying we’re all stupid.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 204124, member: 3050”]I have. It’s not necessary for women to vote to have an effective democracy.[/QUOTE]
By any logic, there’s no need for men to vote either.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 204787, member: 3521”] therefore it is not a good democracy if there is [I]any[/I] demographic (not just women) that aren’t allowed to vote.[/QUOTE]

So then we should let children vote right?

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 204781, member: 2790”]By any logic, there’s no need for men to vote either.[/QUOTE]

Then no one would vote. Then what would we do?

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 205128, member: 3521”]Giving young people the vote is a good debate, but the issue isn’t if their brain is developed or not (because you always bring this up for some reason)[/QUOTE]

So despite the fact that their brains might be developed, we shouldn’t let kids vote because of their age.

Gimme one sec…

So despite the fact that their brains might be developed, we shouldn’t let women vote because they are women.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 205123, member: 3050”]Then no one would vote. Then what would we do?[/QUOTE]
Make women vote only.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205181, member: 2790”]Make women vote only.[/QUOTE]

That’s sexist.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 205261, member: 3050”]That’s sexist.[/QUOTE]
How can you seriously think letting men vote only is less sexist? I mean, I know you’re playing the devil’s advocate and everything but come on. Letting either gender vote only is sexist, end of discussion.
Besides, that’s irrelevant to your original statement about a democracy still being just as effective with half the population voting only. It wouldn’t matter what half you’d choose; whether it’d be white only, immigrant only, men only or women only, just to name a few. By your logic, a democracy with women only voting would be just as effective as a democracy where men only vote. Claiming otherwise is simply false.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205293, member: 2790”]How can you seriously think letting men vote only is less sexist?[/QUOTE]

I never said it was. :wink:

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205293, member: 2790”]By your logic, a democracy with women only voting would be just as effective as a democracy where men only vote. [/QUOTE]

How do you know? An all male democracy has already been used and implemented in the past, and it worked fine.

Then why bring it up when it’s irrelevant?

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 205295, member: 3050”]How do you know? An all male democracy has already been used and implemented in the past, and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]
Because according to your own sources, women are better suited to “see the bigger picture” and be more socially adapt, thus they would make for a better and more sensible society, with a better future, [I]if anything.[/I] The original male-only democracy was never too effective anyway, seeing as it broke apart regardless.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205301, member: 2790”]Because according to your own sources, women are better suited to “see the bigger picture” and be more socially adapt.[/QUOTE]

Your point being? That doesn’t make them better voters.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205301, member: 2790”]The original male-only democracy was never too effective anyway, seeing as it broke apart regardless.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Originally, the United States was a male only democracy, same can be said about the Roman Republic and some of the city states of ancient Greece. Norway didn’t even adopt women’s suffrage until 1913, and still worked effectively.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 205326, member: 3521”]ooh how I miss the good old days of slavery, beating women and children, and the days before modern medicine![/QUOTE]

And they would have gone away regardless of women’s suffrage.
And slavery (in the US at least) was abolished prior to women’s suffrage.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 205329, member: 3521”]i assumed we were talking about the original democracies, not revolutionary america.

you havent responded to my post either so I assume you concede.[/QUOTE]

We’re talking about democracies that didn’t have women’s suffrage.

And you said that the discussion of children voting wasn’t really relevant to the conversation so I dropped it.

Does the Pope wear a funny hat?

Then your answer is yes, yes they should have a vote. Why

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194131, member: 3”]Just checking to see if I’m the only one. Don’t worry, voting results are not public

Should women have the vote?[/QUOTE]
Does the Pope wear a funny hat?

Then your answer is yes, yes they should have a vote.

Why we would discriminate again HALF of our population over such a thing is beyond me.