Should women have the vote?

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 205347, member: 3521”]so you have no other argument besides that?[/QUOTE]

There’s that, and that women are not equal to men, and from what I’ve seen, they have no idea what they are talking about more than half of the time.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 205357, member: 3521”]So you’re simply basing your political views on your meaningless experiences that you assume represent the entire female population.[/QUOTE]

They’re not meaningless experiences, they are observations.

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 205367, member: 3521”]They are most certainly meaningless, because they are not related at all. Your opinions should be based on facts not your observations.[/QUOTE]

Alright, then how about the fact that women are more emotional than men and are more likely to make decisions based off emotions rather than logic.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 205371, member: 3050”]Alright, then how about the fact that women are more emotional than men and are more likely to make decisions based off emotions rather than logic.[/QUOTE]
That’s not even a bad thing.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 205305, member: 3050”]Your point being? That doesn’t make them better voters.[/quote]No it does, if anything. It makes them less one-sided and thus more open to change their views on what’s objectively the best for most people. And yes, they do focus more on people and society than on other elements like economy, which is essential as you need those votes for a socially progressive nation. The world has objectively become better after women got the right to vote, with more social policies in place as well.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 205305, member: 3050”]Not really. Originally, the United States was a male only democracy, same can be said about the Roman Republic and some of the city states of ancient Greece. Norway didn’t even adopt women’s suffrage until 1913, and still worked effectively.[/QUOTE]
None of these worked effectively in any way. They were new concepts and largely untested, and a step in the right direction, but no, they were not effective (partly because you had to [I]own land[/I] to vote and that only[I] half [/I]the population voted).

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 205356, member: 3050”]There’s that, and that women are not equal to men, and from what I’ve seen, they have no idea what they are talking about more than half of the time.[/QUOTE]
Seems like your argument is based on a hasty generalization.

[QUOTE=“Cameron, post: 205412, member: 3397”]Seems like your argument is based on a hasty generalization.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing hasty about it. And even if it is a generalization, how does that make me wrong?

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205395, member: 2790”]That’s not even a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

If someone makes their decisions based of emotions rather than logic, yes it is a bad thing.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205395, member: 2790”]The world has objectively become better after women got the right to vote, with more social policies in place as well.[/QUOTE]

All of which still could have happened had women never been given the vote.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205395, member: 2790”]None of these worked effectively in any way. They were new concepts and largely untested, and a step in the right direction, but no, they were not effective (partly because you had to [I]own land[/I] to vote and that only[I] half [/I]the population voted).[/QUOTE]

So because land owning males could only vote, it was a bad democracy?

[QUOTE=“Bandy, post: 205376, member: 3521”]And men have poor impulse control. You don’t really have a point.[/QUOTE]

Impulse control doesn’t effect the ability to vote as much as emotions do.

No it isn’t.

No it wouldn’t.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 205440, member: 3050”]So because land owning males could only vote, it was a bad democracy?[/QUOTE]
Yes it was.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205447, member: 2790”]No it isn’t.[/QUOTE]

Then it’s a less good idea.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205447, member: 2790”]No it wouldn’t.
[/QUOTE]

How do you know?

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 205447, member: 2790”]Yes it was.[/QUOTE]

Why do you say that?

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194172, member: 3”]I believe that children, like women, do not have the mental capacity for rational thinking or maturity that men have.[/QUOTE]
Then you sir are an immature sexist ignorant from 18th century. Question is that you on your avatar? Because if it is I think it maybe because of a fear of women and an inability to get laid even though you see yourself as some superior male. Get a reality check, grow up and face it that men and women are equal in intelligence. And if you do genuinely believe in this I would doubt that you have the intelligence required to vote.

[SIZE=1]*Allegrif edited out personal attack[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 194187, member: 3”]To everyone in this thread, what benefit has universal suffrage really brought? Given how turnout is, on average the majority of the female elctorate do not even use their vote. In many cases, a woman will only vote because her husband is voting in that way, and in thousands of cases women are outright forced to vote how their husband wishes.[/QUOTE]
Oh how I would love to be your wife. You assume that women only vote as they are told to by their husbands, that statement says that women only vote once their married as well, this is not the 1950s. What evidence do you have for this? Answer none, because you are a moron.

I was wrong about just Religious people are one of the Cancers of society, you are.

[QUOTE=“Douglas Hamilton, post: 210329, member: 3429”]Then you sir are a fucking idiot cunt faced immature sexist ignorant from 18th century. Question is that you on your avatar? Because if it is I think it maybe because of a fear of women and an inability to get laid even though you see yourself as some superior male. Get a reality check, grow up and face it that men and women are equal in intelligence. And if you do genuinely believe in this I would doubt that you have the intelligence required to vote.[/QUOTE]
Watch the language.

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 210336, member: 2790”]Watch the language.[/QUOTE]
Sorry have strong feelings when dealing with pricks like this.

No, not at all.

[QUOTE=“Douglas Hamilton, post: 210329, member: 3429”]Question is that you on your avatar?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

[QUOTE=“Douglas Hamilton, post: 210337, member: 3429”]Sorry have strong feelings when dealing with pricks like this.[/QUOTE]

When you’ve calmed down a bit I’d be interested to hear what has riled you so much.