Should women have the vote?

[QUOTE=“Cameron, post: 211704, member: 3397”]I am sure his response is going to be based on some sort of sexist stereotype.

Like everything else he and Chrome have used to argue against women voting.[/QUOTE]

I don’t doubt that at all.

I struggle to comprehend the total lack of personal morals and compassion it would take to truly believe that women are not worthy to vote. This sort of misogyny isn’t derived from a true opinion, you couldn’t possibly believe something so ridiculously intolerant and plainly wrong. Do you think you’re special for having such a controversial opinion, important or something. Does it perhaps somehow reconcile a lack of interest women have shown you perhaps? Honestly it’s laughable you’d put your face up next to this facile and infantile pseudo-opinion. You spew a farrago of mendacities to support your iniquitous attitude and honestly I wish you luck because having such antediluvian opinions really isn’t going to get you anywhere.

[QUOTE=“Libertas, post: 211728, member: 4237”]I struggle to comprehend the total lack of personal morals and compassion it would take to truly believe that women are not worthy to vote. This sort of misogyny isn’t derived from a true opinion, you couldn’t possibly believe something so ridiculously intolerant and plainly wrong. Do you think you’re special for having such a controversial opinion, important or something. Does it perhaps somehow reconcile a lack of interest women have shown you perhaps? Honestly it’s laughable you’d put your face up next to this facile and infantile pseudo-opinion. You spew a farrago of mendacities to support your iniquitous attitude and honestly I wish you luck because having such antediluvian opinions really isn’t going to get you anywhere.[/QUOTE]
While they are clearly sexist I am still not sure if they are actually misogynists.

[QUOTE=“Cameron, post: 211734, member: 3397”]While they are clearly sexist I am still not sure if they are actually misogynists.[/QUOTE]
Well by Australia’s standards if Tony Abbott is misogynist well then this guy is Hitler

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 211705, member: 3177”]How?[/QUOTE]

Look at world history, men have always triumphed over women.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 211743, member: 3050”]Look at world history, men have always triumphed over women.[/QUOTE]
Always?

[QUOTE=“Libertas, post: 211744, member: 4237”]Always?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. There have been some women rulers, but men have been the greatest.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 211745, member: 3050”]Pretty much. There have been some women rulers, but men have been the greatest.[/QUOTE]
That’s a very narrow view of things. Perhaps you would be better served to look at the last 30 years not all of humanity. Margaret Thatcher is universally praised as one of the top British post war prime ministers, she achieved more that many to go before and come after. I don’t view the world through the prism of gender, we are all individuals and should be judged on our own merits not as a group or by what is between our legs. Women achieve just as much as men and often more when given the equality of opportunity. This really is not worthy of a discussion in this day and age and honestly serves nothing other than to prevent women of talent from contributing to society.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 211743, member: 3050”]Look at world history, men have always triumphed over women.[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t mean that men are the ‘better gender’

@Hedonologist Let me give this a shot. I didn’t bother with the 19 pages of “you fucking bigot” so pardon me if I repeat anything already stated in the debate.

To clarify for those who don’t know, I’m adamantly against Hedon’s propositions, but the topic sparks a few questions at me.

I will be evaluating several aspects to the question at hand and leaving a few questions open to further the debate.

1. The female age advantage

2. Variation in male/female interests

3. “Equality”

4. [URL]http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/1998/10.01/WhyWomenLiveLon.html[/URL]

Fact: Women live longer than men. In some countries, even an average of up to 10 years in difference. This generally provides women with a potential to be much more politically active than their Y chromosome counterparts in democratic and developed nations.

A) Would it be more fair to weigh a woman’s vote based on average ability to participate in democratic decision making?
B) Do women currently capitalize on this advantage?
C) Does the individual advantage matter when looking for fairness?

1. [URL]http://www.academia.edu/1519608/The_persistence_of_gender_differences_in_political_interest[/URL]

Fact: Although the gap has been slightly reducing in recent decades, a blatant and obvious social difference stands in the political interests of men and women. Recently, women have taken a much more politically correct and left wing stance while men remain generally right wing and conservative in contrast.

A) When evaluating my first idea, I came to a conclusion that women had a clear political participation advantage. Does this provide, then, that the left/liberal side of politics has a clear advantage (when evaluating gender participation) in the modern era, snuffing out right/conservative politics?
B) Are men pressured to cave to this advantage for social acceptance?

1. I think you know where I’m going with this. I’ll just put out that I’m looking for a general definition from each participant in order to further the debate.

x

[QUOTE=“ShanklinR, post: 211861, member: 1790”]This generally provides women with a potential to be much more politically active than their Y chromosome counterparts in democratic and developed nations.[/QUOTE]

I don’t see where you’re coming from at all here with this. 80-90 year old woman aren’t that politically active.

[QUOTE=“ShanklinR, post: 211861, member: 1790”]B) Are men pressured to cave to this advantage for social acceptance?[/QUOTE]
I don’t quite understand the question here.

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 211700, member: 3177”]Because it means that women can participate in politics[/QUOTE]

This is not a practical benefit. Politics is a means to an end.

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 211700, member: 3177”]It’s more democratic[/QUOTE]
This isn’t necessarily a good thing.

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 211700, member: 3177”]It means that women do not have to live in a society where all decisions are made by men[/QUOTE]

Again, what is wrong with that?

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 211782, member: 3177”]That doesn’t mean that men are the ‘better gender’[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 211904, member: 3”]I don’t see where you’re coming from at all here with this. 80-90 year old woman aren’t that politically active.[/QUOTE]

Note “Potential advantage”

Also requires sauce.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 211904, member: 3”]I don’t quite understand the question here.[/QUOTE]

I’m thinking along the lines of how one gender living longer slowly produces a majority (albeit small), as we’ve seen in recent times. Is there pressure from majority leanings?

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 211907, member: 3”]This is not a practical benefit. Politics is a means to an end.

Again, what is wrong with that?[/QUOTE]

A) Politics is a means to an end for you. For us adamant devolutionists, we could care less about the results as long as we have more direct control of outcomes.
B) Depends on what you’re looking for. “Good” is a strong word.
C) Note my previous comment regarding political differences and leanings between men and women.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 211907, member: 3”]This is not a practical benefit. Politics is a means to an end.[/QUOTE]

What and women don’t have a place in the end? I’d like to say we wouldn’t be here right now without women, biologically speaking.

But you have failed to answer this (Below), or are you a coward who offers no counter argument as well as a bigot?

But let’s put it down to biological terms how is your penis (I’m assuming) any better than a woman’s vagina? As that’s what it is, and how does having your penis (Again assuming) make you a more intelligent ape dressed in clothes? because let’s be real you do look ( and so does most of humanity) like someone shaved an ape and kicked it through the bargain basement bin in “X” clothing retailer. Mainly because that is what humanity is.

[QUOTE=“Chrome, post: 211917, member: 3050”]Yes, it does.[/QUOTE]

How?

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 211985, member: 3177”]How?[/QUOTE]

I just explained it.

[QUOTE=“Douglas Hamilton, post: 211337, member: 3429”]You would be more suited to Victorian society.[/QUOTE]
I personally wish Britain would return to such excellent moral standards myself (apart from mistreating of women).

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 211907, member: 3”]This is not a practical benefit. Politics is a means to an end.

Again, what is wrong with that?[/QUOTE]

How is it a means to an end?
How is it not good?
What is right with that?