So I have this cell phone

I need to know where I can take it to get it unlocked. So this Dorky assed friend of mine, who will remain nameless. Can use it. She spilt coffee on hers today. It would not be a problem except for the fact that she has a different company than mine.

Does anyone know what needs to be done, to make that happen?

No. But I wanted to say hi!

So… Hi! :smiley:

most phones can be unlocked with a little effort on your part.

Post up the model and carrier. I might be able to find instructions on the net for you.

[quote=“RecklessTim, post: 1087370”]most phones can be unlocked with a little effort on your part.

Post up the model and carrier. I might be able to find instructions on the net for you.[/quote]I’s a LG Rumor and it is on Sprint.

It needs to be on us cellular now.

That will not work, even if you were to unlock your phone, chances are your new provider will not flash the phone with their software…

Unlocking CDMA phones does not work the same as unlocking GSM phones which used sim cards.

So talk to a cellular rep and see if they will be willing to flash an unlocked phone before you do anything else.

[quote=“RecklessTim, post: 1087372”]That will not work, even if you were to unlock your phone, chances are your new provider will not flash the phone with their software…

Unlocking CDMA phones does not work the same as unlocking GSM phones which used sim cards.

So talk to a cellular rep and see if they will be willing to flash an unlocked phone before you do anything else.[/quote]
Thanks Tim. I have a phone that works, but she messed hers up. I was hoping that it would work because the phone she messed up is the same brand and model as the one I want to give her.

looks like your dorky assed friend is out of luck Tom, oh and I wanna say Hi too like Red did :slight_smile:

If one of you use US Cellular you may be fucked. I know US Cellular phones can’t be used with other companies. But most other comanies have a chip in their phone so I’ve heard that can be removed so that it can be used with other services.

Nice to see it wasn’t you who was shot in the leg today - so I’ll say hi as well :slight_smile:

someone got shot today there?

Corrections officer at the county jail here in town. He’s ok, last thing I heard. :thumbup

Tom works at a prison not county, but thats good to hear the guy is ok :slight_smile:

ummm…this is about ringtones:willy_nilly:

what? its about a broken phone where do you get ringtones out of that?

[quote=“skyblue, post: 1087380”]ummm…this is about ringtones:willy_nilly:[/quote]what?

me bad

Yeah, it was no where near where he works. I just thought of him when I read the story.