So I'm in WalMart

…and I’m buying some school stuff. I have like 5 things of notebook paper, 5 notebooks, 5 or 6 pens, some mechanical pencils, erasers, whiteout, sharpies, and an organizer for all of it. I go up to a register to pay. The lady scans the paper. Fine. Scans the pens. Fine. Scans the paper. Fine. Scans the white out [size=7][/size] BEEP BEEP BEEP[size=6][/size]-IS CUSTOMER 18?[size=3][/size] I’m like uh…? She goes “you eighteen?” I say “no, what’s it matter it’s whiteout”. She says “ya gotta be eighteen”. So I’m like whatever. She scans the sharpies [size=7][/size]BEEP BEEP BEEP[size=6][/size] IS CUSTOMER 18?[size=3][/size] I say “oh my god, they’re markers”. She says “ya gotta be eighteen”. I said “who came up with this crap”? She replied “people your age like to buy this kinda stuff and get high”. I said “oh my god. SO since there are some loserass stoners walkin around gettin high somewhere, I can’t buy markers”? “yep”.

That’s so retarded…They should do a test when you are buying this stuff. They should be able to look at you and tell if you are a stoner. I don’t even drink, much less get high. That bitch pissed me off, she was so smug about it all…cocky ho…

thats shotty man, yep theyve actually been doin that stuff for a little while now. but regular grocery stores wont card you for stupid shit like that. well at least winn dixie wont. just like when i was 17 and i tryed buying co2 cartridges and they said i had to be 18. so my friend bought them for me as soon as i walked away. :smiley:

oh by the way i knoe co2 is a lot different than white out. :lol

Well Walmart is stupid. Wanna know something??? Walmart won’t sell you a damn sharpie marker till your 18, BUT THEY SELL YOU KNIVES WHEN YOU ARE 16! WTF??? Hmm, what’s more dangerous, a knife or a sharpie marker…? Toughy… I started buying knives there when I was 16, thats the age they can sell them to u.

And they wont sell you rated R movies till u are 17 right. Well until I turned 17, i would just give my friend the money right there in front of they’re face. Did they care? No. If they know the product is going to me anyways, why would it matter who’s hand gives them the cash??? Grr…

The knife/marker thing pisses me off though. Isn’t that rediculous???

yes it most definitely is. but thats walmart for ya, and they are an empire and they can do whatever the fuck they want, and not blink an eye.

they think you will get high or some bullshit. i went to walmart to buy some paint to do some stuff inside my car and they wouldnt sell it to me. i was like, if i wanted to get high id buy some dope or coke… then i went to lowe’s (hardware store) and they let me buy it…

here’s my perception- you can drop out of school and get the GED at 16. at this age you can set up your own business… what if your business is to gather materials for another business to save them time? what if your business requires you to purchase paint for construction workers?? fuck walmart!

That really sucks… I have never had the problem of buying those things before… I was questioned in eckards about the kids trimamic once, but I think the dude was just flirting with me (??) lol… Anyways, that really does suck.

Walmart probably have been sued a few times over stupid shit like that, their just protecting themselves… you think they’d actually want to loose sales by not selling to minors something so trivial? Its all about the benjamins so in their mind the risk is probably not worth the reward.

I.D about what?

At the local UDF(united dairy farmers) they carded my dad for cigarettes. Problem is he is a 60 year old grey haired man. They refused to sell them without a I.D. I said here you can use mine and they said no way you will just give them to him…I said well yea he is 60 years old. Anyway we had to leave without his cigs. Don’t you think that is STUPID!!!

Man thats some fucked up shit right there…

…people like Mikey ruin it for everyone cause of their Sharpie addictions…psh

[quote=StangMang]Man thats some fucked up shit right there…

…people like Mikey ruin it for everyone cause of their Sharpie addictions…psh[/quote]

Got’damn hop heads and their white out…little f*cking caps with brushes on them strewn all over the park where children play! http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/smilies_mod/upload/0d8cd27082c00f6eb7b0bc0cad6265e6.gif

it isnt illegal to smoke cigs under 18, it is illegal to buy them under 18. :dunno thats the law in GA anyways. i dont smoke though

:agree Walmart does ANYTHING for profit. They’re just covering all the bases.

Since i worked at Wal mart this last year I cant tell you … they card you for Glue … super glue…paint … markers … and a few other things they say the KIDS are using to get HIGH thats why there doing it and if you arent 18 are over you wont be buying them PERIOD

[quote=StangMang]Man thats some fucked up shit right there…

…people like Mikey ruin it for everyone cause of their Sharpie addictions…psh[/quote]

you’re the one who told how you get higher by sticking sharpies up your ass :banana

you guys are crazy and you make it Hard on the rest of us :fu :fu

Re: I.D about what?

The policy at most stores is something like “all persons 27 years of age or younger will not be sold blah blah blah without I.D.” If they can visibly tell that you are of age, they are supposed to sell them to you.

That is true …BUT i had a guys wont to buy Paint and though he was 6 ft tall and looked old enough i still ask … and turned out he was 16 and i wasnt gona lose my job behind saling him something he wasnt old enough for …even though he looked it :dunno :dunno

Well that means when you can tell that they are 27 or older. There are always 16-17 year olds that look like they could be between 18-20, but 27 and up is pretty distinguishable. Especially old folks!

Re: I.D about what?

The policy at most stores is something like “all persons 27 years of age or younger will not be sold blah blah blah without I.D.” If they can visibly tell that you are of age, they are supposed to sell them to you.[/quote]

They didnt sell them. And regardless of policies…when a gray haired man is in front of you…are you really going to loose that sale…duh hes old enough…plus piss him and his family off enough to loose their business entirely. When there is someone 30ish or under that gets carded…no big deal…but cmon…hes a grandpa!!!

[quote=MikeHawke][quote=StangMang]Man thats some fucked up shit right there…

you’re the one who told how you get higher by sticking sharpies up your ass :banana[/quote]

http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/smilies_mod/upload/1a1ea7411eba8ab2b584fa7245d58b90.gif