Songs that make you tear up

i have several. most of them have a contextual value to me…meaning that there was a certain time and place when i heard the song and something either very good or very tragic happened to make me associate the song with the emotions i felt. here are some of mine…

He ain’t heavy - the hollies
Candle In the Wind- Elton John
Wind Beneath My Wings- Bette Midler
How Great Thou Art- hymn
Because He Lives- hymn
I will Remember You - Sarah McLaughlin
America The Beautiful - any accoustic version
God Bless the USA- Lee Greenwood

“What Sara Said”- Deathcab for Cutie

“Autumn Leaves Revisited”- Thursday

**they remind me of my grandmother

“Pearls”- Ilaria Graziano

*sweet saxophone

to many to mention…seriously…

im a sap

post em up bagel! sometimes the saddest songs are the most inspirational too…funny how that works out. im trying to make a new playlist on my ipod.

god bless the usa had us all balling like a little school girl with a skinned knee during bootcamp graduation

yeah that song can get anyone crying.

it was just very emotional because we were all so proud to graduate bootcamp…

Blackhawk- when she cries.

that song hit close to home with me when my best friend was going through a hard time with her realtionship and my feelings we so strong for her and she helped me get through some problems i had. i played it for her and i started crying. so did she

i used to stay over there at her apt. all the time and i would sit in the living room and she would be in her room getting off the phone with the asshole she called her boyfriend. and after they got off the phone she would cry.

its the perfect song. listen to it. to bad its added to a damn soap. but what ever.

YouTube - Bricole: When She Cries by Blackhawk

Kirsty MacColl - Soho Square

Eric Roche -Never Give In - The guy was a friend of mine and finally lost his battle against cancer not long ago. He never wanted sympaphy though and always wanted to help others. The last time I met him he was nearly dead but refused to get any sympathy and concentrated on raising money for the victims of the tsunami. The title of his song and the lyrics sum it up perfectly. I can’t put a copy of it on here but Veronica has the song on tape and I’m sure she’ll back me up on it.

“Letters From Home” by John Michael Montgomery. I know you have all heard it so I don’t even have to explain why it makes me teary eyed.

“Here Without You” by 3 Doors Down. Even though it got played out fast it still sends chills down my spine. Makes me close my eyes and wish that the war was over and Brice was already home.

“I’ll Wait For You” by Joe Nichols. It became “our song”.

“Wasted” by Carrie Underwood. This song actually gave me the courage to tell my dad that if he didn’t stop drinking that he was going to lose more than just his job. His alcoholism is one reason I left Georgia, and why I don’t drink alcohol.

I don’t tear up, but I’ll get goosebumps to a couple songs

One Blood - Terence Jay

Tears in Heaven- Eric Clapton

The Green Fields of France - DKM

Pretty much any SRV song

god bless the USA gets me teary eyed every time… also…
angel- sara maglocklin (however the heck you spell that)

I dont cry…I rock out with my cock out.

The National Anthem makes me cry every time. That’s about it.

Holy shit! Is that Project Mayhem? Wow! Haven’t seen you around in forever! How have you been??

Beautiful in my Eyes-Joshua Kadison
When You Say nothing at All-Keith Whitley

…both songs I sang to my wife and are our songs…

Butterfly Kisses-Bob Carlisle

…I think of my daughter…

John Denver Songs and Carpenters songs: Both John Denver and Karen Carpenter have a kind of voice that sounds like they’re sad when they’re singing…

[quote=“White2000GT, post: 317546”]The National Anthem makes me cry every time. That’s about it.

Holy shit! Is that Project Mayhem? Wow! Haven’t seen you around in forever! How have you been??[/quote]

I’ve had her locked up in my bedroom for the last year I finally decided to let her out

Broken by lindsay haun

Angel by sarah mcgothin - cant spell her last name right now

Haha! Bacon you big ole PIMP!!

[quote=“Charmer, post: 317547”]Beautiful in my Eyes-Joshua Kadison
When You Say nothing at All-Keith Whitley

…both songs I sang to my wife and are our songs…

Butterfly Kisses-Bob Carlisle

…I think of my daughter…

John Denver Songs and Carpenters songs: Both John Denver and Karen Carpenter have a kind of voice that sounds like they’re sad when they’re singing…[/quote]

wwo charmer-- those are awesome, and they didnt come to mind… definitely butterfly kisses, makes me think of my daddy :frowning:

The song that makes me tear up would have to be

Jude Harrison’s “Unreavling” because it’s soo real and she’s my bestest bud