Speaking in Public

Can you? Do you?

I have to do this from time to time, and have to admit I get a real buzz from doing it.

I’ve also done it twice at Weddings (once as Groom, once as Best Man)

So if you do, why do you enjoy it? And if you don’t…what’s your main fear over doing it?

I can’t do it, i’m really shy.

[quote=“Tyler Durden, post: 1080850”]Can you? Do you?

I have to do this from time to time, and have to admit I get a real buzz from doing it.

I’ve also done it twice at Weddings (once as Groom, once as Best Man)

So if you do, why do you enjoy it? And if you don’t…what’s your main fear over doing it?[/quote]
Lol I have to do it with the children at the nursery all day :slight_smile: I get use to it but I just take the ball by the bullet bite my tounge and go for it if im nurvous fuck it haha

I hate it. Always have.

I can do it in a group I know and be fine now.

but in a group I do not know it is really difficult. I was involved in a State Chamber of Commerce committee meeting last month and I was shaking so hard I could hardly write. I have spoken in front of County Commission meetings. It usually takes about a minute for my nerves to calm down and then I am fine.

Were it not for this issue I probably would have got into politics on a local level.

Cannot, do not.
I can’t talk. O_o

I have projects all the time in class that require a presentation usually, and I’m much better at it now than I once was. It really helps me to have a real understanding of the topic and if i’m passionate about it.

I had to do a group presentation the other week which wasn’t so bad, but if I had to speak in public i’d probably make a fool out of myself after feeling ill from nerves the week leading up to it. Don’t know why I get so nervous, maybe I worry people will take the mick, or just not confident enough.

But yeah, nerves about doing a presentation tend to make me feel ill an shakey

I took speech last summer and I LOVED it! I got such a rush from it. It was unbelievable!

got a rush, eh??

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would be absolutely terrified.
My boyf was only giving out to me last week because he says I let fear hold me back from so many things, he’s right

I hate it but I’m able to overcome that to do a pretty good job.

I hate it, and I’m horrible at it. I took a public speaking course to try and help, but I’m still horrid. I absolutely hate being the center of attention… always have.

I have to do it for my job all the time…It’s one of the best parts of the job! Most of the time I’m just talking about my organization, but I get invited to do presentations on networking (that one I don’t like as much because it’s a dull topic), fundraising, board leadership, etc. I’ve never enjoyed being the center of attention by any means…but, there is something about getting a crowd to respond to you and take interest in what you’re telling them that really kinda does it for me. I find that it’s almost like having a one on one conversation…just with lots of ones! :smiley:

I can do it, really well actually. The only thing is that I have to have whatever I want to say memorized because for some reason if I am reading off a script or something I end up goofing up on what I’m saying. I have no idea why.

Being a singer, I have no problem expressing myself in front of a crowd.

I agree…I’m much better just having a concept in mind and then sort of fly by the seat of my pants…I think they call it extemporaneous speaking…i call it winging it.

I’m not so sure that rings true, at least on this forum :smiley:

I’ve never really had an issue with it…but if I have a choice between a small or large group I’d go with the smaller group.

Hmmm… it’s more like I dislike being stared at. Intensely. I have no way of knowing if any of you are staring at me, so it doesn’t bother me. :smiley:

doesn’t bother me to speak in public.