Story time with me

:D… I’m bored so I’ll tell ya a story…

So anyway… yesterday i did the the rounds to collect rent and check up on my dads place as hes gone off sailing to Spain again for a few months. And as usually he leaves when the shit hits the fan around here. He decided to put this ‘student’ into one of our houses and that student hasn’t paid rent in four months. SO…i go over there yesterday and knock on the door. The girl answers, shes maybe 23 at most, empty beer bottles and shit all over the back deck. Its starts of nice and rapidly deteriorates to me coming very close to pounding this twats face in.:ninja:eek:24: Its happens like this:

knock knock…wait…
door opens:
her: yes?
me: hiya, I’m your other landlord. I own this house. My names on your rental agreement, Elsa. I was wondering if you have any rent for me. Or any positive news of when we will get something from you? (all smilies and honey)
her: (bad tempered face can\t wait to close the door now, so I quickly stand in the doorway so she can’t close the door) I’m moving out.
me: (still smiling and pleasant) oh? ok, great what date are you moving out on?
her:(angry voice) i don’t know. i told your dad i’d get him some money in a few weeks.
me:(serious face now) well we need an actual date as that sound to me like you are in no hurry to pay us nor to move out. Here…( I then hand her a notice of intent to enter, and an invoice of moneis due plus a get the fuck out of my house form:D:thumbup.)
her: whats this.
me: legal documents, one of them says i’m coming in tomorrow to inspect the place and the other is my intent to have you evicted.
her: you can’t come in here.(gets in my face)
me: listen sweetie. If i wanted to come in there right this minute i could, its only out of courtesy i have given you notice.(this was when i was so close to hurting her as my scouse came right out…but instead i smiled and walked away with) BYe see you tomorrow although you don’t have to be home for me to enter.;):D:24:

I was shacking by the time i got to the car. My husband said to me at that point, “it looked like she was going to go after you so i was about to call the police.”

I’ll take full pleasure in taking that one to court. Just think had she been civil i might have been nicer…but i think four months in arrears is as nice as i need to be.:ninja:eek

Oh if only she knew i could have something very bad happen to her if i wanted it…but i stay clear of my families ways and do it the legal and right way:nod::thumbup

Cliff notes for the ADHD crowd please:D

Don’t mess with Mystic and pay your rent.:24:

See…I like him…He can stay:D

my neighbour had the same problem last year. he rented out his house and went to PA. Well he lost all his money because the renters stopped paying him, and he couldnt afford to come down. short story is he’s an idiot lol

[quote=“AUFred, post: 1087476”]Don’t mess with Mystic and pay your rent.:24:[/quote]:D:thumbup…yeah.

I’m just reading through the landlord and tenant act again to make sure its fresh in my head. Its surprising how much tenants can get away with…terrible really, especially in Canada where they protect these leeches on society.

lmao…that was stupid of him. If you are going to rent you need to have a solution to every possible problem.:nod:

I have considered buying rental properties a couple of times until I listen to others who own rental properties.

You go girl! I don’t know how people think they can do that. Hell if it was here you’d be worried you’ll get evicted after a couple weeks. Well I’m sure there are some landlords that are super nice and let it go longer, but that’s just rediculous on the renters part to do that.

When the market takes an up-turn…My other home is getting the fuck sold.

I am not going to waste my time with renters.

its has its ups and downs…because my father chose this tenant its usually a down with his choices. My dads a bit of an idiot when it comes to picking people…he usually picks the first low life at the last bar he met who he thinks has made some sort of a pass at him…hes 70…like get your head out of ass old man.:ninja:24:

Thankfully only three tenants right now are his choice…i’ve straightened one out and am not touching the other, but this one…well…i’m going to kick her arse and take her money for as long as it takes to get it off her.

it surprises me too…these people seem to have no sense of pride or respect. They aren’t worth the ground i walk on for the most part…and most of them are in their twenties which is saying a lot about that age group right now…sad really, act as though they deserve a hand out…well i’ll give them a hand and they won’t like it.

[quote=“BadBoy@TheWheel, post: 1087483”]When the market takes an up-turn…My other home is getting the fuck sold.

I am not going to waste my time with renters.[/quote]
when its just one home its not worth it…you don’t make anything but the time it take up in your life for you having to fix it or worry about it. Once you get into it like I am, then it gets a bit easier, but you don’t see that until around your fifth or sixth house…or at least that is what i found…as thats when they all start to pay for themselves and cover themselves…plus, you have to do it without carrying mortgages to see the full plus side of things.:nod::thumbup

Personally, i look at it this way…its income i will always have, no matter what the economy does, but if i got the right price i’d sell the whole friggin lot as sometimes the stress of it all outweighs the fun of the money involved…really, i should hire a manager to handle it all then it would be ok.

:humm: You sound like you might have a violent streak in you . . . I like that :ninja

I knew a girl who would apartment hop. She’d stay and get behind on her rent, and then leave and find a new apartment. I don’t know how she kept getting people to rent her an apartment with the record she had.

Elsa you have the best stories…

[quote=“Mystic, post: 1087485”]when its just one home its not worth it…you don’t make anything but the time it take up in your life for you having to fix it or worry about it. Once you get into it like I am, then it gets a bit easier, but you don’t see that until around your fifth or sixth house…or at least that is what i found…as thats when they all start to pay for themselves and cover themselves…plus, you have to do it without carrying mortgages to see the full plus side of things.:nod::thumbup

Personally, i look at it this way…its income i will always have, no matter what the economy does, but if i got the right price i’d sell the whole friggin lot as sometimes the stress of it all outweighs the fun of the money involved…really, i should hire a manager to handle it all then it would be ok.[/quote]

I have no interest in managing multiple rental properties.

And I own both of my homes outright, I owe not a single penny on either of them;)

So what I sell, is cash in hand:nod:

I know…And she has a great rack…and beautiful eyes…and…:willy_nilly:

And she’s generous, sweet and kind. :nod:

Yeah but rack and eyes…They’re first:p

:jk She is one of my faves here…and so are a bunch of you so don’t get all jealous like:p

[quote=“canidae, post: 1087486”]:humm: You sound like you might have a violent streak in you . . . I like that :ninja

I knew a girl who would apartment hop. She’d stay and get behind on her rent, and then leave and find a new apartment. I don’t know how she kept getting people to rent her an apartment with the record she had.[/quote]:D:ninja…violent? Me?:24: Lets hope i never have to find out again;)…I’m good at defense.:nod:

[quote=“jassilem, post: 1087487”]Elsa you have the best stories…[/quote]lol thanks Mel

[quote=“BadBoy@TheWheel, post: 1087488”]I have no interest in managing multiple rental properties.

And I own both of my homes outright, I owe not a single penny on either of them

So what I sell, is cash in hand[/quote]Good stuff! Smart way to be. I have to laugh at people who say they ‘own’ a house but are paying a mortgage. I have to bite my tongue from saying no the bank owns it you are just paying rent-to-own.:24:

:ninja:24:

[quote=“jassilem, post: 1087490”]And she’s generous, sweet and kind. [/quote]sometimes:ninja:D…i ahve my moments:24:

[quote=“BadBoy@TheWheel, post: 1087491”]Yeah but rack and eyes…They’re first:p

:jk She is one of my faves here…and so are a bunch of you so don’t get all jealous like:p[/quote]
awwww…thanks Evan.

(pssst girls…note on being his fav…send him nudez);):D:jk

well first off glad you didnt call the cops, although i really would have like to hear that you kicked the shit out of her. second, we rent ours and i freak out if we are 5 days late and she hasnt paid in 4 months!