Teh connection poll

What are you on?

I was browsing peoples IP addresses and I noticed that some people post from 10-15 different IP addresses, so I got to thinking… these people must be on some sort of dial up connection for this to really happen. (everytime you log on/off you receive a new IP from your ISP, where as broadband is one set IP address)

I post from two different IPs, my own and sometimes at my brothers.

Whats your connection?

its called something like dynamic ip address or something like that versus static ip address

i pay for t3h cable here at my mom’s house

Cable at work, DSL on the living room computer, which is where I mostly post from, and dial-up on my computer in my bedroom. If we had a wireless modem of course I’d be using that junk in my room, but we’re cheap, and at least we have the internet, so I can’t complain about what I’m connected at really. I get by without being able to take naps between page transitions. So that’s a plus.

i have verizon DSL. i remember when i had dial up and then went to DSL it was like night and day. now it seems kind of slow. im thinking about comcast cable. :dunno

i’m on earthlink.net dial up it sucks i was going to change to something new but when i told them i was droping them they cut the price in half to $10.95 but it still sucks even at that price, where can i go for better service at a good price anyone know. :dunno

I have cable…never going back to dial up

DSL is ok. Its much better then dial-up. Anything is better then dial-up.

Re: RE: Teh connection poll

I feel for ya dude, we had Earthlink and it SUCKED to say the least. When we called to cancel, we could never get an english speaking person, always someone with a real heavy indian accent, and they never would cancel us so we finally just quit paying the bill untill they shut it down. We went to AOL after that. Its expensive but its about the only thing we havve where Im at. Noone else comes this far out into our service area. Ive used my bro. in laws cable hookup and would love to have cable but they dont come here either. :dunno

its called something like dynamic ip address or something like that versus static ip address[/quote]

Yeah. DSL and Cable are usually on a dynamic IP because it will reassign one to you when you log-in. Your modem logs in every 24 hours or so. Some people that run servers need an IP address that doesn’t change and can sign up for a static IP address from their ISP. Costs like 5 bucks more or something.

Didn’t know that. mmmmmm

[quote=2000Si]What are you on?

I was browsing peoples IP addresses and I noticed that some people post from 10-15 different IP addresses, so I got to thinking… these people must be on some sort of dial up connection for this to really happen. (everytime you log on/off you receive a new IP from your ISP, where as broadband is one set IP address)

I post from two different IPs, my own and sometimes at my brothers.

Whats your connection?[/quote]

ping me where am I?

Re: RE: Teh connection poll

I feel for ya dude, we had Earthlink and it SUCKED to say the least. When we called to cancel, we could never get an english speaking person, always someone with a real heavy indian accent, and they never would cancel us so we finally just quit paying the bill untill they shut it down. We went to AOL after that. Its expensive but its about the only thing we havve where Im at. Noone else comes this far out into our service area. Ive used my bro. in laws cable hookup and would love to have cable but they dont come here either. :dunno[/quote]i feel for you to i’ve had aol and it sucked to i’m sorry to say,if you want to cut your bill in half call them and say you don’t think it’s worth what your paying and you want to discinect , beleave me they will cut your bill in half to keep you . :smiley:

dsl

I gotzez teh Cabezz :cool