The Airplane Crash Thread

Just thought it would be a good idea to have this seeing the amount of threads on them. Dont mean to be heartless but what do you expect me to say about them. Erm…yeah, thats sad? Is there really a lot else to say?

Well, for me, I want to find out why it happened. And yeah, I can get that news elsewhere.

Otherwise, I think the threads are created for us to come together and share our feelings with each other because it’s a friggin’ scary thing.

Other than that - you are just spot on :thumbup

Planes have been epic failing big time

why does this sort of plane crashing becoming so common?? is it due to negligence of the pilots ?? or airplane people giving wrong signals??? what is the truth behind it???

What makes you think it’s so common? Considering the millions of miles that are flown on a daily basis there are very few crashes. ( see below )

[quote=“112inky, post: 1076468”]
is it due to negligence of the pilots ?? or airplane people giving wrong signals???[/quote]

Aircraft( their instruments ) rarely give wrong signals but when something does go wrong in happens very fast and the pilots tend to get real busy. When that happens the pilots can interpret them incorrectly and things expand faster than the brain can absorb. The vast majority of crashes are usually the result of human error. That’s easy to understand given the complexity of aircraft and flight. In rare cases crashes are caused by a mechanical malfunction.

[quote=“112inky, post: 1076468”]
what is the truth behind it???[/quote]

You make it sound like a conspiracy when it isn’t.

The NTSB will release it’s in-depth report but that usually takes about a year or so. In the meantime " experts " will add their two cents which btw they already have. In the case of the recent crash in Montana " they " suspect ice build up on the wings. At the altitude that plane was flying it would be a definate killer. The wings loose their lift, the plane turns into a manhole cover and drops like a rock. In the case of the FedEx crash they suspect wind shear may have caused it. Wind shear is an unseen deadly force and many airports don’t have the proper radar to detect it. Wind shear is usually caused by nature but it can and could have been caused by an aircraft that landed just before it. They have to leave enough time between landings to let the air settle down. In the end the investigation will determine what really happened so we’ll have to wait and see.

Flying still remains the safest mode of transportation with very few deaths per miles flown. The only reason people react the way they do is because when it does happen they usually kill a lot of people at once. People don’t become alarmed at the number of automobile crashes or deaths from those accidents that happen daily becuase they don’t kill as many at once. If the media honed in on those stats you might not get in a car again.

Here’s some reading to make my point.

" [FONT=Arial][SIZE=-1]Car Crash Stats: There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States – one death every 13 minutes. "

Link… Car Accident Statistics, Stats, Auto, Fatal, Drunk Driving
[/SIZE][/FONT]