The Barclays Premier League Sticky

Tomorrow I’m going Manchester United 4-1 Liverpool with a hat trick from Wayne Rooney

My latest predictions:

1. Chelsea
  2. Man City
  3. Man Utd
  4. Arsenal

1. Villa
  2. Burnley
  3. Leicester

Also, top half finishes for Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea and West Ham.

[QUOTE=“AndWhyNot, post: 114678, member: 965”]My latest predictions:

1. Chelsea
  2. Man City
  3. Man Utd
  4. Arsenal

1. Villa
  2. Burnley
  3. Leicester

Also, top half finishes for Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea and West Ham.[/QUOTE]
Spot on.

1. Chelsea
  2. Man City
  3. Man Utd
  4. Arsenal

1. Villa
  2. Burnley
  3. Leicester

Also, top half finishes for Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea and West Ham.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Allegrif, post: 114681, member: 1”]Spot on.[/QUOTE]
I don’t appreciate you putting Villa so low! You think they’re gonna get relegated? No way! The missing link for Villa is a solid attacking midfielder (since Joe Cole is ancient and a twig) and with some Ron Vlaar money that we get in this transfer window, we’ll be solid. Ideally a winger would be great as well.

A team consisting of:

-----------------------Benteke--------------------------
Agbonlahor----Cole/(New AM)-----Grealish/(New W)
-------------Delph----Sanchez----Westwood------------
Cissohko----Clark/Senderos----Baker/Okore----Hutton/Lowton

This would not be bad at all, perhaps 10-8 quality. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Villa in the last 7 games or so and I think where we are now is a distinct possibility.

[QUOTE=“Fish, post: 114747, member: 2963”]I don’t appreciate you putting Villa so low! You think they’re gonna get relegated? No way! The missing link for Villa is a solid attacking midfielder (since Joe Cole is ancient and a twig) and with some Ron Vlaar money that we get in this transfer window, we’ll be solid. Ideally a winger would be great as well.

A team consisting of:

-----------------------Benteke--------------------------
Agbonlahor----Cole/(New AM)-----Grealish/(New W)
-------------Delph----Sanchez----Westwood------------
Cissohko----Clark/Senderos----Baker/Okore----Hutton/Lowton

This would not be bad at all, perhaps 10-8 quality. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Villa in the last 7 games or so and I think where we are now is a distinct possibility.[/QUOTE]
In all honesty, I think there are about 8 teams that could finish there - Crystal Palace, Hull, West Brom, QPR etc. but being a Birmingham fan, I thought I’d put Villa down. It’s probably the most controversial of my choices though.

1. Chelsea
  2. Man City
  3. Man Utd
  4. Arsenal

1. Villa
  2. Burnley
  3. Leicester

What about Newcastle

[QUOTE=“Luke, post: 114959, member: 2508”]What about Newcastle[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I forgot about them. I think they’ve got a good chance of finishing top half, at the expense of one of the other teams I mentioned.

[QUOTE=“AndWhyNot, post: 114960, member: 965”]Oh yeah, I forgot about them. I think they’ve got a good chance of finishing top half, at the expense of one of the other teams I mentioned.[/QUOTE]
I think they will finish above Liverpool and Swansea

[QUOTE=“AndWhyNot, post: 114958, member: 965”]In all honesty, I think there are about 8 teams that could finish there - Crystal Palace, Hull, West Brom, QPR etc. but being a Birmingham fan, I thought I’d put Villa down. It’s probably the most controversial of my choices though.[/QUOTE]
I don’t quite understand why QPR/Hull are doing as badly as they are… When I watch their matches and look at their lineup, they are seriously under performing. West Brom and Palace are distinct possibilities. Leicester might just make a great escape, but Burnley is [U][B]so[/B][/U] going down.

Gah, another one of you… Like… All of my peers are Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea fans so I’m the odd one out, being an America who doesn’t support a top 5 club. One of my good friends though, just [B]HAPPENS[/B] to be a fan of my team’s rivals.

-_-

[QUOTE=“Fish, post: 115435, member: 2963”]I don’t quite understand why QPR/Hull are doing as badly as they are… When I watch their matches and look at their lineup, they are seriously under performing. West Brom and Palace are distinct possibilities. Leicester might just make a great escape, but Burnley is [U][B]so[/B][/U] going down.

Gah, another one of you… Like… All of my peers are Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea fans so I’m the odd one out, being an America who doesn’t support a top 5 club. One of my good friends though, just [B]HAPPENS[/B] to be a fan of my team’s rivals.

-_-[/QUOTE]
I looked at Hull’s team after deadline day and I thought they could really kick on and do well this season, same with QPR. I kind of get the feeling that they’re more a group of individuals than a team.

[QUOTE=“AndWhyNot, post: 115609, member: 965”]I looked at Hull’s team after deadline day and I thought they could really kick on and do well this season, same with QPR. I kind of get the feeling that they’re more a group of individuals than a team.[/QUOTE]
It’s odd isn’t it? Thought they’d make decent efforts, but apparently not.

Yeah I think you’re exactly right; they play like individuals, not together. They’re like club forms of the England national team. Good individuals, poor team. It’s funny too, because when you look at the matches, you usually come out of it thinking they didn’t deserve to loose.

The managerial merry-go-round looks to be in full swing. Warnock and Irvine gone, Pardew going, Hyppia (sp?) leaving Brighton in the Championship as well. My money’s on Sherwood to West Brom and interestingly, Pulis to Newcastle.

[QUOTE=“AndWhyNot, post: 129522, member: 965”]The managerial merry-go-round looks to be in full swing. Warnock and Irvine gone, Pardew going, Hyppia (sp?) leaving Brighton in the Championship as well. My money’s on Sherwood to West Brom and interestingly, Pulis to Newcastle.[/QUOTE]
Saw them all coming though, apart from Pardew. Surprised he dropped to Palace.

[QUOTE=“Allegrif, post: 129531, member: 1”]Saw them all coming though, apart from Pardew. Surprised he dropped to Palace.[/QUOTE]
So am I to be honest. I could see him leaving at some point, but Palace are a step down in my opinion.

[QUOTE=“AndWhyNot, post: 129534, member: 965”]So am I to be honest. I could see him leaving at some point, but Palace are a step down in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
He does have history there, but still. He’ll do well to keep them up IMO.

[QUOTE=“Allegrif, post: 129546, member: 1”]He does have history there, but still. He’ll do well to keep them up IMO.[/QUOTE]
The way things are going, I have to agree.

Annoys me that City are getting Bony. There’s no fun if 3 or 4 clubs just buy [I]all [/I]the best players. I hate City for this especially.

[QUOTE=“Allegrif, post: 144116, member: 1”]Annoys me that City are getting Bony. There’s no fun if 3 or 4 clubs just buy [I]all [/I]the best players. I hate City for this especially.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I like seeing the so-called ‘smaller’ teams like Southampton, Swansea and West Ham keeping things competitive in the top half of the table, but if City/Chelsea just buy all of their top players there’s no point in even having a 20-team league to be honest.

[QUOTE=“AndWhyNot, post: 144138, member: 965”]I agree. I like seeing the so-called ‘smaller’ teams like Southampton, Swansea and West Ham keeping things competitive in the top half of the table, but if City/Chelsea just buy all of their top players there’s no point in even having a 20-team league to be honest.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, it kills everything. City are toxic to football.

Anyone else an Everton fan? Having an absolute dire season. Although yesterday was a great improvement.