The Barclays Premier League Sticky

[QUOTE=“Campo, post: 419349, member: 1201”]Giggs4Manager[/QUOTE]
No we need Giggs… :frowning: We’re not going to get him tho :frowning:

Dammit Swans if you can’t even beat Sunderland at home you’re gonna get relegated :frowning:

[QUOTE=“owainp, post: 426707, member: 4544”]No we need Giggs… :frowning: We’re not going to get him tho :([/QUOTE]

Giggs won’t leave, especially given the high chance he has of getting the Man United job. Swansea…Not really sure who would be a good managerial fit for them. Gonna take something tremendous to get yourselves back on track, that’s for sure.

[QUOTE=“Campo, post: 426786, member: 1201”]Giggs won’t leave, especially given the high chance he has of getting the Man United job. Swansea…Not really sure who would be a good managerial fit for them. Gonna take something tremendous to get yourselves back on track, that’s for sure.[/QUOTE]
Ah Giggsy. So close, yet so far from the managerial position.

[QUOTE=“Nick the Canadian, post: 427216, member: 5821”]Ah Giggsy. So close, yet so far from the managerial position.[/QUOTE]

I hope he stays far for the sole reason that I want Man Utd to do with Van Gaal what they should have done with Moyes, which is what they did with Ferguson. Give him time. Success is rarely wrought in a season or two, for it requires crafting and shaping, and that is going to be crucial if they want to have a long-term manager again.

[QUOTE=“Campo, post: 427405, member: 1201”]I hope he stays far for the sole reason that I want Man Utd to do with Van Gaal what they should have done with Moyes, which is what they did with Ferguson. Give him time. Success is rarely wrought in a season or two, for it requires crafting and shaping, and that is going to be crucial if they want to have a long-term manager again.[/QUOTE]
Van Gaal has a 3 year deal - I seriously doubt it’ll be renewed. With Guardiola and Mourinho (and even Pellegrini) are on the market at the same time United may have to act or they could regret not acting.

[QUOTE=“Republican, post: 427408, member: 1048”]Van Gaal has a 3 year deal - I seriously doubt it’ll be renewed. With Guardiola and Mourinho (and even Pellegrini) are on the market at the same time United may have to act or they could regret not acting.[/QUOTE]

They could have acted years ago when Ferguson was ‘disgracing’ Man Utd, but he came good as he was given a chance. Look at the success he wrought. Is that me saying Van Gaal would reap the same? No. However, he holds the potential to, and is undoubtedly one of the best managers in the world (top 10) in my opinion.

[QUOTE=“Republican, post: 174856, member: 1048”]Does anyone believe Leicester have a chance of staying up? Personally I believe the latest Pearson saga will rot their season.[/QUOTE]

Hi

[QUOTE=“JWaller, post: 439707, member: 1206”]Hi[/QUOTE]
Well I look like a spaz

So now that Swansea’s opened a sizeable 8 point gap (I realise there’s still a while to go yet) between 16th and 17th, who do you think will survive relegation of the bottom 4? I reckon Sunderland.

[QUOTE=“owainp, post: 439733, member: 4544”]So now that Swansea’s opened a sizeable 8 point gap (I realise there’s still a while to go yet) between 16th and 17th, who do you think will survive relegation of the bottom 4? I reckon Sunderland.[/QUOTE]

I’ve always backed Swansea to stay up. They’ve got real quality in their squad, like Sigurdsson, Montero, Ayew, Williams, Fabianski etc. and they had quite an unlucky run.

Also it’s only the bottom 3 who get relegated, and I reckon that Villa, Newcastle and Norwich are the ones who’ll go down. Sunderland have some experienced players, for example Defoe who’s in excellent form, and they made some top class signings in January, especially Wahbi Khazri - he looks like a real talent.

Top five table my calculated:

1.Liverpool
2.Man Utd
3.Man City
4.West Ham
5.Leicester City

Liverpool has strong defensive handing over to the next whole season.

Do your analysis of the situation tomorrow.

3-5-2 next season:

Ibrahimovic - Rooney

Januzaj - Mata - Mkhitaryan

Carrick - Schweinsteiger

Bailly - Fosu-Mensah - Smalling

Romero

Carrick / Blind / Herrera - Schweinsteiger / Schneiderlin.

DMF for Man Utd than 3 central line of defense players.

No chance for Chelsea Tinker league title next season. Man Utd rubbish have taken their coach Jose Mourinho will play with 20 or 22 of the 32 squad players next season almost feel like we should release mediocre Fellaini then we will not have much money at least 25 million pounds for the injured party Shaw or should we keep this regular in one four back line but I do not agree now we let the player to Chelsea or Man City play Darmian left if we change tactics during the season in the league. Even Darmian left five midfielders then 3 line of defense. I just want 30 players in the team. Fellaini and Shaw are two I do not like. 20 or 22 will get lot of playing time out of 30 total.

Gonna bump this thread to congratulate the Swans on yet another relegation survival! Ole, ole, ole, ole, Swansea, Swansea!!!