The Lounge

legendary

Hurricane Maria is now Category 5, heading directly to Puerto Rico.

This gon b3 fun. Unless you’re in Puerto Rico.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at5.shtml?cone#contents

we have no magic money tree

there is no magic money tree

there’s no such thing as a magic money tree

labour thinks there’s a magic money tree

magic money? doesn’t exist

pulls 1 000 000 000 for DUP out of arse

this was planned

there is no magic money tree

magic money? never heard of it

stop misleading the public, there is no magic money tree

money? doesn’t grow on trees

pulls 20 000 000 000 for EU out of arse

th… i give up

I’m surprised, Trump basically confirmed that he’s no longer playing as an outsider and that the US is returning to typical republican foreign policy, thought you would have hated it.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=396196

You might like this.

I remember that. One of my old comrades has one of the first posts. That thread can be cancer, though, more than /leftypol/ sometimes.

It always pisses me off when people try to downplay the number of minorities in society by grouping farmers and villagers in Orkney with society in general.

I was the only white person in my primary school class of 35, one of three in my year group of 70, and maybe one of <10 in my school of 280. My views are directly shaped by it. Yet apparently, such schools do not exist, and Britain is in fact four-in-five white and anyone who has a different view is a bigot.

Proportions of minorities go down as you grow since minorities tend to drop out earlier, with my sixth form probably just about hitting majority white, but jesus christ.

Here’s a lovely school in Sweden that’s been trending on right twitter. Islamisation where?

On another note, here’s a conference by Nigel Farage in the pro-EU country of the Czech Republic.

Not only is there a disgusting lack of minorities, but this is clearly photoshopped as Europeans hate Farage, no? They should be throwing shoes and tomatoes.

must be a UK thing, minorities increased as I went up

probably because of what I said plus the fact that the higher you go the fewer educational instutitons there are, it’s like a steep pyramid. people are bused in from tonnes of areas. I had people in my sixth form that came in by ferry, ship, train and airport. I’d say the people coming by ferry were about 10-20% of the school maybe.

afaik in the US it’s a pretty flat building with only the universities becoming more sparse, but even then the US has a fuckload

Someone needs to make sure that Tongue Groove Recs isnt Martinas alt account

One of the posters there went from a hard ML to an Orthodox Tsarist Traditionalist. It’s pretty ironic.

Welcome back if you decide to stay. It’s nice having new viewpoints on the forum to debate.

Unlike your intellect.

Now why would a site like this with such a wonderful community have problems growing?

I don’t know, you’re the one acting like a cunt to the poster who’s considering coming back. Safe to say my post wouldn’t be the one which discourages him from rejoining.

I am challenging him about something which may actually spark debate which could help get him to stay. You are just a a dick to several of the few people who are left and make pathetic insults based on things that are such low hanging fruit you have to dig for it. Behavior which will not encourage new/returning members to stay when they see it.

No, not really. All you’re doing is making a ridiculous retort because he offended your sensibilities.[quote=“Cameron, post:34, topic:112835”]
make pathetic insults based on things that are such low hanging fruit
[/quote]

As opposed to snarky retorts you learned on YouTube, which require such high effort.

How do you know?

Are you a mind reader who can tell exactly what people’s intentions are?

Are you sure you are not just ascribing the worst possible intentions to people because in an effort to make them look bad? Because you always assume the worst about me and never even try to argue in good faith or have charitable interpretations of what I say.

Good to see you admit you at at least as bad as me.

And your attempt to belittle me by mentioning youtube (yet again) is (again) really nothing more than an ad hominem by proxy. I would have though someone with an intellect such as yours would have learned from our previous encounters not to use the same pointless, fallacious arguments.

No, but I’m a post reader and can tell by the tone of your post. [quote=“Cameron, post:36, topic:112835”]
Are you sure you are not just ascribing the worst possible intentions to people because in an effort to make them look bad?
[/quote]

I don’t need to make you look bad. Just about everyone on here thinks so terribly of you that nothing I could say would make their opinion of you any worse. [quote=“Cameron, post:36, topic:112835”]
Good to see you admit you at at least as bad as me.
[/quote]

Whatever makes you sleep at night.[quote=“Cameron, post:36, topic:112835”]
I would have though someone with an intellect such as yours would have learned from our previous encounters not to use the same pointless, fallacious arguments.
[/quote]

That wasn’t an argument it was pointing out your post was stupid. For me to have a serious argument with you, I’d have to take you seriously. Which no one does.

“Tone” in text. You realize you have to imagine that, right? And that you imagining of that may be affected by your aforementioned bias against me.

And yet you still try to every fucking chance you get. Why is that? If it is not for them then who is it for? Hm…

I do not care what they think because they have proven themselves to be as bad as you.

Maybe you do it to protect your ego so you can sleep at night… I mean, it is either that or you are just a mean spirited person.

Of course you can not, your ego could never take it. Because to do that you would have to entertain the notion that I may know or understand something you do not.

I’m not biased against you. I’m irritated you’re acting like an asshole to the new guy who’s opinions I find interesting and don’t want you convincing him to leave because you want to be a dick to the new poster (something you’ve done before). You’re not fostering a debate, you’re trying to stroke your own ego as “le rational capitalist.”[quote=“Cameron, post:38, topic:112835”]
If it is not for them then who is it for? Hm…
[/quote]

Why do people express their irritation in grumbling or punching bags? Because when someone acts like a cunt and irritates you, it’s nice to let it out.

Really, you’re trying to act like a detective here, but you’re failing miserably.

Then why do I need to make you look bad in front of them?

Also, you’re the autistic shut-in who constantly fails to see sense. They’re not. [quote=“Cameron, post:38, topic:112835”]
Of course you can not, your ego could never take it. Because to do that you would have to entertain the notion that I may know or understand something you do not.
[/quote]

But you’ve constantly proved yourself not to.

@Flavia @Cameron let’s try and not make every thread about the two of you.