The only good Christian is a crusading Christian. True or false?

Just because we do not have a way to prove something yet does not mean it cannot be proven.

Just look at Copernicus and his theory about the planets revolving around the sun. He had no access to information that proved his point, however, he had no information that disproved his point (and he turned out to be right).

There is still debate over the historical accuracy of the bible.

You cannot objectively call it false because it is a record of events of the past, even though some of those events might be made up or exaggerated.

A foolish statement and you likely know it given that you have no example.

Copernicus had the proof in his math.

Not in intelligent circles as shown in those links and a lot more.

Well, if you are of a mindset that you will read literally a book that begins with a talking serpent and donkey and ends with a 7 headed monster then have at it and ignore the scholars.

You do know that we are talking about a book with Jewish roots. Right? So why do you not follow the Jewish way of reading it?

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, “The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it.”

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, “God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning.”

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Regards
DL

But nonetheless the point that people can make lucky guesses about things still stands.

Then how come you have so many scholars and scientific figures believing in it?

If the debate was so certain, absolutely no academic figures would believe in God.

Badda bing, badda boom, guess who’s a Jew (me)?

Math is not a lucky guess.

Likely due to indoctrination and faith. Faith is not wanting to know the truth.

The number is smaller than you think.

Good for you. That should make you smarter than the average and you should recognize the truth in what Rabbi Hillel said about literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

But estimates are guessing, and with no exactly accurate measurement materials, it would be considered an estimate.

I would disagree. I would say faith is believing in a truth not yet discovered.

So now you put your definitions above the dictionary definition.

You make it tough to chat but now I see better why you do not want to believe much of anything as you have your own definitions for words.

What do you think of the ideology of the Karaite Jews?

They put man above God, which even the Jews in the other denominations do not do.

That is partly why I think the first Chrestians were like minded Gentiles and Karaite Jews.

Do Jews have any history on Gnostic Christians or Chrestians hooking up with Karaite Jews?

Regards
DL

Ok but for something multi-faceted like faith one simple dictionary definition does not apply to all instances.

Quite frankly, I am not educated enough on them to make a proper evaluation of their beliefs.

Jacob must have been a Karaite Jew or Gnostic Christian. We struggle with God still and we still prevail.

Regards
DL

False, because a Gnostic Christian is not a Christian. You cannot be a Christian and refute the existence of the supernatural. Without the supernatural, there is no all-powerful, all-loving God, Jesus was just a man, religion is purely subjective.

All meaning becomes subjective, as do your Gnostic beliefs and teachings.