Tint Violation

oh man, its been since last november when i got my windows tinted. 20% on every window surface, 6" 2% strip front and 6" blackout rear. i always always drive with windows down (unless raining) to make it look less tinted. well i pass a cop on a rural road (windows down) on my way to work and speed limit is 55, im going 50 (just taking it easy) and as i pass, he pulls off the road and turns around. i smile to think to myself, "is he going to pull me over for nothing wrong, then i thought- oh shit- tint. so im mosying along at 50 and about 1 minute later i see blue lights behind me. i pull over and greet the deputy. he asks for my lisence, asks me the year of the car, and asked if it was mine. i said it was mine, but my dad/mom cosigned, but i paid… (im also in work uniform) the officer said he admired my work ethic but wanted to check my window tint. he said my windshield was illegal and asked me to roll up my windows. i explained that i did not know the new law was in effect for GA tint. he said that since may 1, new GA tint laws are in… he said im at 18% with his tint-o-meter and he went to his car. about 5 minutes later he comes out, gives me a written warning and said to have a nice day.

he further asked how modded my mustang was (as he saw my banner). lol. i tell him catted H pipe, magnaflow catback, u/d pulley, cai… go through what ive done. he said he was impressed and thought i was a good kid.- nice guy.

im glad i left 30 minutes early to get gas or i would be late for work. ive always respected cops and i a a believer that if you have a great attitude about a situation, good things will come forth.

Yep about a year back me and a bud were driving aorund in his car and we got stopped, we only got a warning, and he also asked what my friend had done to his lexus

has he since removed the tint? i am just taking a trip to the eye doctor next week lol

Re: RE: Tint Violation

Nah he didnt get it removed, and has yet to get pulled over for a second time

[quote=AtlanticBlue99] i a a believer that if you have a great attitude about a situation, good things will come forth.[/quote] not always the case, some cops are just assholes. specially state troopers shakes fist angrily

i know what you mean…

one forced me off road just so he could pass me

Glad to see this isn’t one of those “GOD I can’t BELIEVE they pulled ME over” type threads. I hate when people make those.

Anyways, just get the note from the eye doc and you’ll be fine. I should do that when I get mine done, but I don’t know if I’ll ever go dark enough to get pulled over.

well legal here is 32%, my 20% over factory put me at 18% so i got an appointment for next week to complain about headaches and sunglasses lens’ straining my eyes with the curvature of the lens’…

[quote=AtlanticBlue99]well legal here is 32%, my 20% over factory put me at 18% so i got an appointment for next week to complain about headaches and sunglasses lens’ straining my eyes with the curvature of the lens’…[/quote] :rofl :funnah

hrm… why am I not getting this joke?

Whatever floats your boat :dunno

what joke

warnt no joke… i was laughing at the technical savvy of ab… :dunno