Torn

well now that i finally kinda figured out what i want to do for a living im not exactly sure how to go about it

i want to work to become ase certified …i want to work in a performance shop and ive had this feeling for a long time

ita not realistic in my parents eyes so they are reluctant to support me with it

but im torn because i would have to move to go to a tech school (my knowledge is limited right now)

but also with moving id be taking full financial responsibility for myself which i have never done …id have to get a loan to pay for school but all my life i have had nothing but min wage jobs which would be hard to life off on my own

plus my bf is here too

basically im torn on doing it completely .because i may be giving up some stuff that i dont want to

my parents want me to go back to school but i dont have a major and nothing interests me enough to have it as a major

life sucks sometimes …things were easier when i still shit in diapers

jus thad to get that off my chest

I say do whatever makes YOU happy. Cause if you dont, I promise, later on in life, you will regret not doing what you had your heart set on.
How long would you have to go to tech school?

you are still young Steph. You’ve got lots and lots of time to make up your mind.

Re: RE: torn

but as you get older, time flies by faster

do what your heart tells you to do…just when the going gets tough and it will just keep your head up and keep truckin…don’t let anyone hold you back

Maybe you could look into another career that involves mechanical skills. There are many more ways to be involved in engine performance than just working as a mechanic in a performance shop. Look into a mechanical engineering degree, if you dont want to go to the whole work in getting a bachlors, check out engineering technologists, or things of that sort. Good luck in deciding, i had a lot of troubles figuring out what i wanted to do at first also, but i’ve decided on a degree in industrial engineering, hopefully to pursue a career in the automotive industry

[quote=SloMoFo]well now that i finally kinda figured out what i want to do for a living im not exactly sure how to go about it

i want to work to become ase certified …i want to work in a performance shop and ive had this feeling for a long time

ita not realistic in my parents eyes so they are reluctant to support me with it

but im torn because i would have to move to go to a tech school (my knowledge is limited right now)

but also with moving id be taking full financial responsibility for myself which i have never done …id have to get a loan to pay for school but all my life i have had nothing but min wage jobs which would be hard to life off on my own

plus my bf is here too

basically im torn on doing it completely .because i may be giving up some stuff that i dont want to

my parents want me to go back to school but i dont have a major and nothing interests me enough to have it as a major

life sucks sometimes …things were easier when i still shit in diapers

jus thad to get that off my chest[/quote]

I’m sure you’ve heard this before but it is true.
It’s better to have tried for something and fail then to have never tried at all. That is what lifes all about. If you really feel strongly enough about it then you should do it because if you dont you will always have that thought in the back of your mind saying should have done this or tried that.
Of course going into something un prepared can be disatourus. So I would try and get prepared for your school and save up some money.

just make sure you make a list of the bads vs. the goods… then you will see things more realistically. I know that I would of changed alot of stuff I did when I was younger. So think clearly and if it is what you truely want to do, do it. We (oT members) will support you!

Steph, Ever think of becoming a stripper??? Pays real well.

[quote=04ShakinSteed]Steph, Ever think of becoming a stripper??? Pays real well.[/quote] :lol :lol :lol :rofl :funnah

He’s not kidding, my friends can make $600 in a night, and that my girl is tax free… and with my 10% off the top cut, I’m doing well right now, I just have to get a few more biotches into my stable. * My pimp hand is strong *

:rock

atta boy! :smiley:

You sound just me, savin 10 g’s to either build a house in a year if job here is steadily getting better or go to a technical school in a year and move away. and hope thats enough and get a part time job

10k to build a house?? how you build a house for 10k…

Hey Moe, I made you a pic for your thread. :smiley:

http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=281

[quote=HOTRODSnBOOZE]Hey Moe, I made you a pic for your thread. :smiley:

http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=281[/quote]

theres “having too much free time” and then theres “having waaaay too much free time”

:funnah I just can’t turn it off.

:dunno

lmao! Nice pic Booze.

Steph, I’m kinda in the same boat. I’m going to college for journalism, and I’m a GREAT writer, but I don’t know if I want to do it forever and sometimes I want to go the medical route. My mom says I HAVE to get a 4 year degree atleast, but I don’t know what I want to do for a major anymore.

I have a min wage type job too, and I know I can’t live off that forever, but all the jobs here require some sort of experience in the field. It sucks.

[quote=slo6banger]lmao! Nice pic Booze.

Steph, I’m kinda in the same boat. I’m going to college for journalism, and I’m a GREAT writer, but I don’t know if I want to do it forever and sometimes I want to go the medical route. My mom says I HAVE to get a 4 year degree atleast, but I don’t know what I want to do for a major anymore.

I have a min wage type job too, and I know I can’t live off that forever, but all the jobs here require some sort of experience in the field. It sucks.[/quote]

Intern at a radio station or TV station, Newspaper. How is your speaking voice? I know your pretty so that is not a problem when going in front of a camera but how is your charisma in front of people or cameras? Could you do live reporting or remote from lets say Iraq?
But really I think interning at different media companys would give you a broader out look on your journalism carreer. I worked as a Photo journalist with the Military and loved doing it.