Tornado Warning

We’ve had our fair share of severe thunderstorms lately. The rivers are at flood stage already and the north end of the county is expected to get another 6 inches of rain and we have a tornado warning. Such horrible beach weather lately :frowning:

that is beach weather here in england

I’d hate to live somewhere where tornados happen

We’ve been warned about this…

ManBearPig

I wonder if you are getting what we’ve been getting. It got bad here earlier today. I hope it doesn’t come to tornadoes though- destructive beasts.

I live near Eglin AFB which is the largest land base in the US (maybe the world) so usually the tornado’s don’t hit anything but forest and they’re usually pretty weak as well. Hurricanes do way more damage here than tornado’s.

A few years ago I went down to the beach and we had some pretty severe weather and I saw the largest water spout I’ve ever seen in the gulf. I attempted to take a picture with my cell phone but it never turned out. It’s a very impressive thing to see.

[quote=“BadBoy@TheWheel, post: 1081473”]We’ve been warned about this…

ManBearPig[/quote]

:24::24::24:

Yep! Peed a little!

I’m super super cereal!

Though this was a thread about my home state. Or as HTC likes to think of it as - Kansahoma :smiley:

Tornados are scary.

:homo:

Alberta has been getting very small tornados during the summer, it still freaks me out though :eek

Alberta has been getting very small tornados during the summer, it still freaks me out though :eek[/quote]
I think I would make poopies in my pants if there was a tornado in eye shot of me.

I’ll bring the diapers :surrender

:24::24::24:

If I were in Oklahoma where they get F4 and F5 tornado’s I’d probably freak out as well. The ones we experience here are only dangerous if you live in mobile home.

It was always fun to go outside as a kid and watch the clouds start to rotate. You never knew whether one would turn into a tornado. Two years after I moved away, my home town got this one - about two miles south of my house

YouTube - McConnell AFB / Andover, KS F5 Tornado

Or if you live anywhere near a big tree. Or in central Florda in general. We’re getting the storms up here and I’m really hoping they aren’t bad. The thunder from the last storm kept waking up Dominic, who would freak out every time we would get a close strike.

i was gonna say that is porch (or car port) weather here in florida. we used to sit out and drink a beer during the storm!:24:

Maybe it’s Oklansas… :smiley:

[quote=“canidae, post: 1081484”]It was always fun to go outside as a kid and watch the clouds start to rotate. You never knew whether one would turn into a tornado. Two years after I moved away, my home town got this one - about two miles south of my house
[/quote]

Right before I moved to Oklansas the last time, this storm had just broken out. Everything was boarded over and they had spray painted stuff on houses (or what was left). Anyhow… we used to walk out into the street we lived on (it ran north and south) and stare south at Texas trying to see tornadoes.

Lol, I use to do that as a kid minus the beer :frowning: