Very funny scamming email

very funny scamming email, kinda long, but its good.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_459421/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#459608

That’s cool, I like some of the stories at www.thescambaiter.com too bad their servers are down right now. I love catching scammers.

:rofl

who is that stupid enough to want to see their mistakes in a scamming attempt :dunno :dunno :dunno

who is that stupid enough to want to see their mistakes in a scamming attempt :dunno :dunno :dunno[/quote]
ummm, a scammer that inspires to do better next time perhaps. :smiley:

haha I’ve done that quite a few times! go try to buy a sportbike on eBay… you’ll notice half of the buy it now R1’s, Hyabusa’s, etc. that are near new have buy it now’s for half of what their worth with pre-approved bidders only. Those are the scams and at any given time theirs a dozen of them. They all give you the “I’m out of the country but send the money to my friend and he’ll give you the bike and the change” lol.

I hate people like this!! WTF is wrong w/ them?

Aren’t these kind of scammers being caught and arrested? Fraud is a crime, isn’t it? :think

yea… but its hard to catch people like this online and pin everything on them… you would have to make a police report in the town the person is doing the scams… other wise nothing can REALLY be done… :frowning:

kinda stupid isnt it? but i guess you gotta be kinda dumb to go for something like this so…

I hate to admit it, but I was actually taken like this a few years ago.

I was trying to buy a 3rd Gen Camaro. Looked around for about a month, and finally came across this particular car in Indiana. I wrote him about it, he wrote me back, etc etc… The car wasn’t perfect. It had some issues, and the miles were a little high, but the price was good. Not too good to be true good, but lower than a lot of guys were asking.

Had him send me pictures. Had him start it up over the phone so I could hear it start cold, bla bla bla. LOL I even heard him yell at one of his kids for sitting on the hood.

He wanted to do a wire transfer for the money, but I wasn’t so sure. I told him I would send him a deposit, and give him the rest when I got the car. Well, my wife and I didn’t really talk about it, and the guy was so trust worthing (sounding) that the previous night we were actually talking about doing it. Well, he called her while I was at work, gave her the account numbers, etc… $5K went out, and that was the last we ever heard of him. :barf

His phone was disconnected. His email account came up as invalid. Everything. I filed for leave, and was going to go down there, but everybody talked me into letting the law handle it.

The extent of their investigation was to send him a certified letter, and when it wasn’t returned, they concluded that he didn’t live there.

A few days later was 9/11, and a short time after that I was on my way over to the Middle East. Damn that was a big “oops.” It’ll never happen again though, so I guess it was worth it. :dunno

Dude…That sucks BIG TIME.

That really sucks Intruder. 5K is alot of cash.
I got scammed once. I just came out of Circuit City after looking at Video cameras. When I left the store, a guy was outside and came up to me and asked if I’d like to buy a new video cam, because his friend works for a trucking company and gets them really cheap. It just so happend I was looking at a Sony and he just so happened to mention the same brand I was looking at, but he only wanted 165 bux. Well it’s a 800 dollar cam, so I said hellz ya… He said to go to his appartment just around the corner in 30 minutes and he gave me the address. When I got there, he came out of the appartment and came to my car and said I have to wait here because his friend is sketchy and doesn’t want the neighbors get suspicious. So I gave him the cash and waited…and waited…and waited. Then I went to the door and knocked. I looked in and the place was empty!!! The door was unlocked, so I went in to find the back door open and him gone. Only 165, but damn, alot of trouble for 165 bux. I hate that feeling of getting ripped off. http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/smilies_mod/upload/0d8cd27082c00f6eb7b0bc0cad6265e6.gif

WOW that does suck about the Cam but youll have been reading about the foriegners scaming you for money to help who ever back home >>>>>>>> I got 3 of those Emails and just deleted them … they even go in Ebay and do this

Don’t you hate that sinking feeling you get in your gut as your start to realize you’ve been ripped? … Geez there are some assholes out there.

Yea it does SUCK but i read every day how on Ebay they post stuff … that doesnt even exist and there losing MILLIONS … and once its one its gone …BUTS whats so bad is the old folks they target them … and to me that really sucks cause they have no way to make back the money taken from them :dunno :dunno