We WILL run out!

I’m nervous for the future especially in the environment. I don’t know about you guys, but I want to keep things in safe keeping. Finding oil or getting oil from the deposits are getting slim. We are getting rid of the air we breathe and to keep us alive. We are even running out of cocoa to make chocolate. We really makes me worried is the water and money.

We are already experiencing a drought in California and if the people here don’t stop now with getting rid of so much water, there will be a mega drought that would take AGES to actually maintain and bring back water.

Money. It might be the root of evil but it makes the world go round. Now you guys seem to think that inflation is a bad idea and so is minimum wage. I for one think we need as much money as possible to get what we need to survive.

I worry very much for the future and to NOT die over something we can take care of easily.

What can we do to not run out of things

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211435, member: 2664”]We are even running out of cocoa to make chocolate.[/QUOTE]
We can’t run out, there will be shortages due to supply and demand imbalances but it won’t run out all together, just be very expensive.

[QUOTE=“Mobutu, post: 211441, member: 1164”]We can’t run out, there will be shortages due to supply and demand imbalances but it won’t run out all together, just be very expensive.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but where does that leave others. the rich are able to get it but not ordinary people.

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211473, member: 2664”]Yeah but where does that leave others. the rich are able to get it but not ordinary people.[/QUOTE]
There will still be a fair bit of cocoa and the farmers will benefit a lot and be able to improve production.

[QUOTE=“Mobutu, post: 211495, member: 1164”]There will still be a fair bit of cocoa and the farmers will benefit a lot and be able to improve production.[/QUOTE]
But cocoa doesn’t grow well here. I doubt it grows at all here. Don’t you just want to have some chocolate at the end of the day? Well if the things now are going to progress in the future, too bad. People suspect the the world will have a chocolate shortage by the 2020s. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want chocolate to be gone on the face of the planet.

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211497, member: 2664”]But cocoa doesn’t grow well here. I doubt it grows at all here. Don’t you just want to have some chocolate at the end of the day? Well if the things now are going to progress in the future, too bad. People suspect the the world will have a chocolate shortage by the 2020s. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want chocolate to be gone on the face of the planet.[/QUOTE]
It won’t be gone, also as prices rise supply will rise too as the farmers in west Africa will improve their yields to get more money.

Autarky, self sufficiency, sustainability and maximising use of non fossil fuels.

Ultimately the biggest pressure is human demand, we need to change this modern culture of greed and by some means curb the human population growth which only adds to the pressure on the environment and water supply to provide, more humans = more production needed = more environmental pressure/damage = less to distribute etc.

Which is why I’m always a proponent of [B]SPACE EXPLORATION. [/B]Also attempting to use renewable energy and sources for food and such would be a step in the right direction.

[QUOTE=“Sizzle Montyjing, post: 211526, member: 4047”]Which is why I’m always a proponent of [B]SPACE EXPLORATION. [/B]Also attempting to use renewable energy and sources for food and such would be a step in the right direction.[/QUOTE]
Aren’t nasa working on wanting to make a colony on mars?

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211529, member: 2664”]Aren’t nasa working on wanting to make a colony on mars?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but, maybe divert some military funding into that and get some more corporations on board…
It could just be more of a priority, I suppose. Although that’d take a bit more of an ideal world I suppose.

[QUOTE=“Sizzle Montyjing, post: 211538, member: 4047”]Yeah, but, maybe divert some military funding into that and get some more corporations on board…
It could just be more of a priority, I suppose. Although that’d take a bit more of an ideal world I suppose.[/QUOTE]
We are not going to have a ideal world if we run out of things to survive/thrive

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211539, member: 2664”]We are not going to have a ideal world if we run out of things to survive/thrive[/QUOTE]
I…never disputed that?

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211435, member: 2664”]I’m nervous for the future especially in the environment. I don’t know about you guys, but I want to keep things in safe keeping. Finding oil or getting oil from the deposits are getting slim. We are getting rid of the air we breathe and to keep us alive. We are even running out of cocoa to make chocolate. We really makes me worried is the water and money.

We are already experiencing a drought in California and if the people here don’t stop now with getting rid of so much water, there will be a mega drought that would take AGES to actually maintain and bring back water.

Money. It might be the root of evil but it makes the world go round. Now you guys seem to think that inflation is a bad idea and so is minimum wage. I for one think we need as much money as possible to get what we need to survive.

I worry very much for the future and to NOT die over something we can take care of easily.

What can we do to not run out of things[/QUOTE]
110% agree with you, William. The way forward is the absolute preservation of water supplies, whether it be from fracking, or any other pollutant.

We need to cut back drastically on fossil fuels, we’re always seeing the consequences. We really shouldn’t push this further.

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211435, member: 2664”]I’m nervous for the future especially in the environment. I don’t know about you guys, but I want to keep things in safe keeping. Finding oil or getting oil from the deposits are getting slim. We are getting rid of the air we breathe and to keep us alive. We are even running out of cocoa to make chocolate. We really makes me worried is the water and money.

What can we do to not run out of things[/QUOTE]

Want people to stop seeing money as the meaning of their lives?
Tired of watching decadent consumption by the masses waste our natural resources?
Dubious about the idea that the free market will solve all of our problems?

[QUOTE=“RickyMcMoney, post: 211654, member: 2996”]Want people to stop seeing money as the meaning of their lives?
Tired of watching decadent consumption by the masses waste our natural resources?
Dubious about the idea that the free market will solve all of our problems?[/QUOTE]

Join the LLP today.

[QUOTE=“Vulpes, post: 211660, member: 3029”]Join the LLP today.[/QUOTE]

damnit you stole my follow up :smiley:

Oil will be gone. Cocoa is have no idea about. We should always make sure our governments are putting a priority on protecting the environment.

[QUOTE=“RickyMcMoney, post: 211654, member: 2996”]Want people to stop seeing money as the meaning of their lives?
Dubious about the idea that the free market will solve all of our problems?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Vulpes, post: 211660, member: 3029”]Join the LLP today.[/QUOTE]
Or LISO :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=“oli, post: 211685, member: 579”]Or LISO :p[/QUOTE]

You guys will only quote Marx and talk about revolution.

[QUOTE=“Vulpes, post: 211689, member: 3029”]You guys will only quote Marx and talk about revolution.[/QUOTE]
You guys will only rub yourselves off in your shit-coloured uniforms reminiscing about Mussolini’s fat ass.